DH Trait - Soaring Devastation

mrauls.6519

Please make it so the 25% movement speed is permanent, so it doesn't matter if you use F2 or not. Small change that will allow DHs to run non movement speed runes; currently rely on stuff like Trapper and Lynx. After sinking an ungodly amount of hours into this elite spec, I can tell it was meant to be mobile

@mes.4607 said:Please make it so the 25% movement speed is permanent, so it doesn't matter if you use F2 or not. Small change that will allow DHs to run non movement speed runes; currently rely on stuff like Trapper and Lynx. After sinking an ungodly amount of hours into this elite spec, I can tell it was meant to be mobile

It was only meant to be more mobile than core guard. Which it is. 1200(1500) range on longbow and area denial with traps gives DH a kit that does not need insane mobility. It already has multiple gapclosers and F2, thats enough. In a world where thieves(i am speed) getting mobility nerfs, DH does not need a mobilty buffs.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@mes.4607 said:Please make it so the 25% movement speed is permanent, so it doesn't matter if you use F2 or not. Small change that will allow DHs to run non movement speed runes; currently rely on stuff like Trapper and Lynx. After sinking an ungodly amount of hours into this elite spec, I can tell it was meant to be mobile

It was only meant to be more mobile than core guard. Which it is. 1200(1500) range on longbow and area denial with traps gives DH a kit that does not need insane mobility. It already has multiple gapclosers and F2, thats enough. In a world where thieves(i am speed) getting mobility nerfs, DH does not need a mobilty buffs.

Playing DH without some type of movement speed rune is a terrible experience

@mes.4607 said:

So pick a movement speed rune. Problem solved.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@mes.4607 said:

Constructive as always.

@Math.5123 said:

@mes.4607 said:

Constructive as always.

He literally brought us back to the reason for my post

@mes.4607 said:

@mes.4607 said:

Constructive as always.

He literally brought us back to the reason for my postHe's right tho. Stop asking for the reward without the risk. You re asking to dumb down the game. It is like asking:
  • To add an on demand shadow step in thief's traits because playing thief without shadow step is a terrible experience
  • To add an on demand shield in war's traits because playing war without shield is a terrible experience
  • To add an on demand wurm flesh in necro's traits because playing necro without wurm flesh is a terrible
  • ....If you want something, you have to its price.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@mes.4607 said:

@mes.4607 said:

Constructive as always.

He literally brought us back to the reason for my postHe's right tho. Stop asking for the reward without the risk. You re asking to dumb down the game. It is like asking:
  • To add an on demand shadow step in thief's traits because playing thief without shadow step is a terrible experience
  • To add an on demand shield in war's traits because playing war without shield is a terrible experience
  • To add an on demand wurm flesh in necro's traits because playing necro without wurm flesh is a terrible
  • ....If you want something, you have to its price.

Absolutely not the same thing.Mesmer was awful to play without illusory persona. So they made it baseline.

A 25% boost at the cost of trap cd reduction still isn't good enough to choose most of the time. But the few cases where it might be decent enough to take, you can't use your f2 or the trait will be useless. (The trait in question promotes usage of f2)

Should we ask to have the signets' passive permanent so it doesn't matter if we use the active?

The truth is that It's your choice whether you use wing of resolve active and lose the 25% movement speed, just like:

• it's necromancer's choice whether he use locust's signet active and lose it's passive 25% movement speed
  • it's elementalist's choice whether he use signet of air active and lose it's passive 25% movement speed
  • it's ranger's choice whether he use signet of the hunt active and lose it's passive 25% movement speed
  • it's thief's choice whether he use signet of shadow active and lose it's passive 25% movement speed

The guardian is not lacking in leaps and teleports and have access to mutiple reliable sources of swiftness in order to keep up the boon permanently. You even have a skill that allow you to recharge your virtues' CD. It's not like the guardian don't have back-ups to compensate for wing of resolve down time right? It's not like things like allies farting swiftness to no end, do not exist.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

The way I (used to) see it was DH being intended to be an utility-filled sniper with limited (but available) re-positioning tools. Not necessarily more mobile than even core guard, but putting more emphasis on controlling the flow and location of combat.

Instead of having a permanent MS modifier, I'd like to see swiftness being added somewhere in the kit, à la Symbol of Energy (one of my favorite skills in the longbow kit, tbh). The thing that made the spec interesting for me was the combat options flexibility. If you look at the kit, nearly all of the combined weapon and utility skills have multiple uses and situations they can be useful in - Symbol of Energy, an AoE control tool that burns AND gives you Vigor. Deflecting Shot - can be used offensively as a combo initiator/follow-up, or defensively as a zoning tool. Hunter's Ward: useful at zoning someone out of melee as well as setting up follow-up, among others. Even the traps are fairly flexible in nature (not in trapper rune builds, though).

Above all, I want the soft rework reverted.

@mes.4607 said:

@mes.4607 said:

Constructive as always.

He literally brought us back to the reason for my post

Which is that you have to pick a rune to compensate one of the weaknesses of your kit. Below average mobility is one of the defining characteristics of a guardian. It's bad enough that you can compensate for it with a rune, now you want it baseline... classes are meant to be different. And like it or not, DH is a guardian.

@Ryuk.6840 said:If you mean that equipping Longbow should pulse Superspeed, i am on with that .Most Guardians will drop the stay on base strategy , and will aim to survive by kittingYou know, human nature :P

I mean... this would devalue movement hacks a lot. You could catch up to those teleporting to sidenode before they decap. I'd love to see them implement ideas like this for an april fools patch.