No option to ask to get the message.

Mithras.2805

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"ArchonWing.9480" said:If you set yourself to offline, you can't receive whispers from anyone.

Don't really care either way but not even sure what the argument here is. I've never seen a messaging system that lets you message people by blocking them. Or have that utility to track people down with block list. It's pretty stupid-- blocking is two way.

And yes, I personally save salt whispers to post to everyone, but some of you need to respect that not everyone that plays the game has that kind of mentality. Btw, if I didn't solicit your communication, treat it as talking to me in public. ;) Btw did you know someone tried to threaten me with legal action because it was illegal to talk about their salty pms in private that was like 10 years ago though and none happened. xD

The thing here is that I think it's funny to go to such lengths to block someone, add name, and then whisper. But that's because the system is stupid that requires that sort of tryhard effort.

To bring this into relevancy, I think it would be good if people had more control over how they receive message and that can benefit everyone involved, regardless of how many iamverymature.txt's get posted. And it would make sense to allow cross-server whispers as a feature, instead of such a stupid workaround. That way people that like salt whispers can receive them more easily, and the carebears can do whatever. But I hope you know which way most of this game's population leans.

The only counterargument is the ever ubiquitous "but it would take away resources from other things", but of course that even assumes that any are put towards WvW to begin with.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:So.. now I can only guess you are trolling. No where did I defend the toxic behavior. I made a constructive suggestion on where you may get a better response.

Again, it’s something that is possible in the whole game, and happens in PvE. You really should post it in the general discussion thread.

Good luck to you.

Do people really salt whisper in pve? What would there even to salt whisper about?

I guess kicks?

You get the random gold seller and person who will critique something.

But the point is the mechanism is one in the game as a whole.. As you well know, The WvW forum section is one of the worst sections (maybe only sPvP would be worse) for getting supportive feedback for something like this.

I was suggesting that because it’s a GW2 game mechanic, it might gain whatever traction it could in the general discussion section.

But that got turned into Me supporting the behavior... I mean, I don’t care if I get whispers. I am not good enough to really trigger someone anyway so..

Yea, mostly asking about the pve stuff and making fun of the people who take it too seriously; the other conversation I had no interest in.

@"Mithras.2805" said:I can see that your opposition to offending another person for no reason is very fine for you. And probably the best comment would be a rude commentary in the style of players who for no reason will write about you that you are or . And so these are just stars that I think should fly for any person accepting rude behavior. Please rethink your no-comment approach and without comment, please leave this forum. I play this game and I accept that they attack me sometimes in a group, I accept that they jump on me. I accept that the siege machines are throwing me. I do not accept that they are rude or even use offensive words in the message. And it's not something I have to agree to automatically. I proposed a simple option to bypass this swamp. So stop saying it's not because there is a blocking option. Blocking should be possible before a message from someone suspecting rude text arrives.Stop shining like a half-eaten burger from a fast food restaurant. Use at least one argument for which anyone is required to receive a rude message. If not, I can assure you that for the near future I will write without offending anyone that it makes no sense.TinkTinkPOOF.9201If you would spend at least a minute reading what I am writing about this, or you would write the same to save the players, the players for playing the game sum you up as . Still just stars. I can see that it works just as effectively as if there were something rude under them.I don't play pvp and this is the proper forum section. If I would play pvp, I would put the same topic on the pvp topic. The possibility of a rude message on WvW is my attempt. Mine and thousands of players. So this is the right place for that. Me and most of the players have to accept rude messages through an underdeveloped system if they do not win with someone. The same goes for people who play well. This is not a reason to write whatever word in the chat will be replaced with .

I'm almost certain there's a function in the settings called "profanity filter" or something similar which turns all those big mean, nasty, bully words you hate into stars. I'm not entirely sure if that affects mails but then i don't read your comments so what would i know...

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried not caring? So what some nobody sends you words over a video game because you killed them. It's not like they're going to find you irl and start telling you you're bad or something. Block them if you don't like it and move on. It sounds like op is a minor but at some point you've gotta grow some thick skin.