Looking for 2nd option after thief main

Tridentuk.1625

Heya,I'm loving thief and will continue to main it, but am looking for a 2nd because thief is quite niche in a lot of respects.

For example, thief is kinda gimmicky in a zerg and not meta, can dps in fractals but not really meta, etc.

So how is Necro in terms of filling those gaps? Considered Mesmer (too overlappy) and Guardian (not my prefered playstyle). Necro does look interesting but I don't want to invest time into a class where I'll just end up picking thief anyway in the majority of circumstances- I want something which offers things that thief lacks in terms of role and content type.Thanks

@Tridentuk.1625 said:Heya,I'm loving thief and will continue to main it, but am looking for a 2nd because thief is quite niche in a lot of respects.

For example, thief is kinda gimmicky in a zerg and not meta, can dps in fractals but not really meta, etc.

So how is Necro in terms of filling those gaps? Considered Mesmer (too overlappy) and Guardian (not my prefered playstyle). Necro does look interesting but I don't want to invest time into a class where I'll just end up picking thief anyway in the majority of circumstances- I want something which offers things that thief lacks in terms of role and content type.Thanks

Necromancer with reaper can fit power can be fun if you like melee but unfortunately neither necromancer nor guardian are necessarily heavy on mobility, for that i would direct you to revenant.

If you want power try reaper.If you want condi well reaper can do condi too but there is also core nec.

Because thief and Necro, including their elite specializations, play so differently, they can compliment each other to fulfill a variety of needs.

The play-style is very different, though, so switching mind-sets is a challenge but is also rewarding in gaining perspective on balance, counters and tactical differences.

Except for zergfights in WvW, necro is niche everywhere. You might be disappointed.

Nevertheless I did even change my main character from thief to necro, because thief is EZ mode everywhere - since the release of deadeye even in boss fights (39k dps at 1k range). Another minor reason was that necro (reaper!) can complete living story and open world content pretty quickly, which is important to me as I don't like PvE (too trivial) and want to go through this content as quickly as possible.

@KrHome.1920

How the hell did you get 39k dps at 1k range out of thief? (not that I'm looking to get ideas or anything................ o_O)

I currently run my pvp condi pd in PvE, partly cos I want to continuously be practicing my mechanics for pvp/wvw, partly cos I like the tankiness as I'm learning fractal mechanics, partly cos I'm poor....I get 13k out of it, and I'd expect to do a lot more once I switch to a more meta pve build but 39k from rifle deadeye? that would be broken

@Tridentuk.1625 said:@KrHome.1920

How the hell did you get 39k dps at 1k range out of thief? (not that I'm looking to get ideas or anything................ o_O)

I currently run my pvp condi pd in PvE, partly cos I want to continuously be practicing my mechanics for pvp/wvw, partly cos I like the tankiness as I'm learning fractal mechanics, partly cos I'm poor....I get 13k out of it, and I'd expect to do a lot more once I switch to a more meta pve build but 39k from rifle deadeye? that would be broken

You do it like that:https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/thief/deadeye/rifle/