Optimum Class & Build for Celestial Challenge

Now that combat is a rare part of it I've had good results on my Staff/P/P Daredevil. He gets three dodges, his heal stealths him, so does his steal. So I tend to get high contribution on tributes since I almost never get combat tagged, and do reasonably on the horse race if I am alert enough to the whirlwinds to dodge/horse dash through them. Stealth also helps me concentrate on targets in boar and monkey events. I congregate with my fellow players on the mob killing event so I can range things. A scrapper with a stealth gyro might also do well on the non-combat events.

@ShadowCatz.8437 said:

@Ameepa.6793 said:A class that can press the special skill that every challenge has

Maybe a reminder that people need to set up a key bind to Special Action key in Option>Controls?

It has one by default, the minus key(-).Unfortunately when rendered it just happens to look a lot like how other apps often rendered things that are unset ...

@Robban.1256 said:

@"Ameepa.6793" said:A class that can press the special skill that every challenge has

Maybe a reminder that people need to set up a key bind to Special Action key in Option>Controls?

It's already default binded from the start as " - "

Still it is possible that people change key binds and forget that <-> key have been to be replaced when they use <-> for something else (it will be left without anything for that key).

There are players (especially new) that even haven't yet mastery needed to unlock this key or don't use it at all when they get caught in fight with Blood Crazed creatures.

The celestial challenge seems to favor mobility first and damage second, so I believe Staff/Shortbow Daredevil is probably the optimal class for the celestial challenge.

Shortbow gives way too much extra mobility and you should be packing the trait Unhindered Combatant, so you pretty much win most mobility favored events if your the best thief running shortbow. You have a pretty decent chance of winning damage events running staff and careful rotations.

Honestly, I think most of the challenges favor mobility too much especially if you break down the events.

Key: + = Minor advantage, ++ = Major advantageEvents:Rat: Mobility + (The rat skill already takes care of moving around quickly but some ports are useful)Ox: Damage ++Tiger: Damage ++Rabbit: Mobility ++Dragon: Neutral (Mostly confined to the flying skill)Snake: Mobility ++Horse: Mobility ++Ram: Mobility ++ (The special skill is easily spammed on groups of pots so getting to them quickly is key)Monkey: Mobility ++, Damage + (Long cooldown on special skills means you still need good damage, moving quickly is also important)Rooster: Mobility ++ (Highest chance of winning if you can get to the capture points/objects first)Dog: Mobility ++ (Same as Rooster)Boar: Mobility ++ (Try to avoid getting hit if all possible, then make effective use of ports to quickly gather tributes)

So yeah, if you want to get highest contributor most of the time, play a Staff/Shortbow Daredevil.