Whats the point of ranking if it doesnt do anything with MM?

Talos.9608

in one day i got 3 matches agaist p3 (erazik, rank 55 dragons, some other streamer) as g3 player... i was p1 at begging, having imposible matches (loosing streak) until g2, then sudenly, 2 easy matches as of point of writing this. not a first time, probably not the last, but skill rating is all about luck it seems, and "skill" part does little to nothing. just streaks of loss/wins on obvious points... sorry for matches i afked but those were lost as seen from the plane, and on loosing streak i couldnt play my best so it wouldnt make a difference. I wonder if anyone else who constantly plays ranked found same thing happening?

I agree you shouldn't take that too hard. The balance, duos, maybe even bots and hackers... then the terribly low population... just play fun builds for exactly that reason: Just have fun in single engagements and enjoy the pace.

Maybe it was during off hours? I also had some ridiculous matchups then, I played on sunday rather early and actually had a bot in Plat2. He was horrible and clearly ranked a huge lot lower. Try playing in peak hours, teams are a lot more balanced then.

oh, but i started afk-ing during this loss streak, it just aint fun being farmed by top players or tryharding while your team decide to just 4v1 bunker on close... if i see the game is going downhill fast, i afk. For the reason of fun, it isnt fun playing matches like those, i would reather watch some memes on phone. it is just... too much, i found myself afk games in the row, then i imagine just deleting the game, bc whats the point. And dont tell me games can easilly turn arround, y'all watched montly AT with 500-0 finals. if the rating means nothing, why push myself trought unfun game? If it isnt worth stressing out, why dont let me chill and afk?

Before going afk pls just leave the match, it's only fair for those who still want to try at least.

But yea I mean unfortunately Anet doesn't do shit with PvP that's why the population is so low. And without anyone else in your skill rank you'll get players from very different skill ranks. Remember: MM only tries to even out the team average, not on a player-per-player level.The problem obviously is way more pronounced during off-hours or on weekends. When I was in top100 I pretty much only played during peak hours and never queued late at night or on weekends. Due to my schedule now, I either can't pvp at all or am forced to play during shitty times and I'm hard stuck in gold since the last season.

But as others have pointed out, ranked PvP is a just-for-fun mode by now. If you actually want to get competitive find yourself a good pvp group and do ATs regularly. I hate this tbh since I can barely make it into 1 per day and I'd prefer having a full team queue in ranked but ehh.. Anet doesn't want systems in place that could benefit PvP guilds. They only want to force scheduled shit and basically take the worst of both worlds: Long wait times inbetween occassions you can actually play the game (every 3h) with a huge prep time nobody needs and if you are queued in you have to be committed to several matches. Long gone are the advantages of having short matches.

This must be a troll post. But anyways, for starters, don't afk. Just because you're matched with top players, it doesn't mean anything. They still lose. Period.There were matches I thought it'd be a waste of time, but we steadily turned things around half/end of the match.The monthly AT is a different level of stacking the most OP classes on a team. They have been running double/triple revs for so long now. There's nothing new here. Imagine the other team runs triple rev, the score would be different.If you feel the need to afk instead of trying to finish the end of matches, I agree with DoomNexus, at least leave the match.

@"Talos.9608" said:in one day i got 3 matches agaist p3 (erazik, rank 55 dragons, some other streamer) as g3 player... i was p1 at begging, having imposible matches (loosing streak) until g2, then sudenly, 2 easy matches as of point of writing this. not a first time, probably not the last, but skill rating is all about luck it seems, and "skill" part does little to nothing. just streaks of loss/wins on obvious points... sorry for matches i afked but those were lost as seen from the plane, and on loosing streak i couldnt play my best so it wouldnt make a difference. I wonder if anyone else who constantly plays ranked found same thing happening?

It's not the MM fault, it's an mix of not every player plays same day and time with not many pvp player's

@"Hex.2579" said:This must be a troll post. But anyways, for starters, don't afk. Just because you're matched with top players, it doesn't mean anything. They still lose. Period.There were matches I thought it'd be a waste of time, but we steadily turned things around half/end of the match.The monthly AT is a different level of stacking the most OP classes on a team. They have been running double/triple revs for so long now. There's nothing new here. Imagine the other team runs triple rev, the score would be different.If you feel the need to afk instead of trying to finish the end of matches, I agree with DoomNexus, at least leave the match.

it isnt "i am with top players so i afk" it is "i spawn and see nowhere to rotate without it being suicide or just a decap at best, so i just stand still and eventually afk" and problem isnt that is singular matches, it is the streak of hopeless matches... at such a specific points... that althought it is maybe coincidence, it for sure takes away your temper

Hello guys,

I got back to play gw2 recently coming from WoW and i must say that in my opinion gw2 pvp is in a way much better place than WoW pvp. WoW pvp is a real clown fiesta and way more toxic. Imagine joining a team in a ranked 3v3 as a healer do 2 wins and after that you get kicked, because you didnt win fast enought, that what happened to me. So far i really enjoy gw2 pvp and the community and from all fantasy mmorpgs which i played recently i think that gw2 is the one in which skill matters most.

@"razaelll.8324" said:Hello guys,

I got back to play gw2 recently coming from WoW and i must say that in my opinion gw2 pvp is in a way much better place than WoW pvp. WoW pvp is a real clown fiesta and way more toxic. Imagine joining a team in a ranked 3v3 as a healer do 2 wins and after that you get kicked, because you didnt win fast enought, that what happened to me. So far i really enjoy gw2 pvp and the community and from all fantasy mmorpgs which i played recently i think that gw2 is the one in which skill matters most.

I mean, this is why people still play gw2. Because most other games pvp are also as bad if not worse then gw2.

That doesn't mean gw2 pvp is good...it's just better than every alternative.

The combat itself is actually engaging and "hands-on" much like a fighter game, which is what separates right now from most other MMO RPG games. What's been happening to gw2 is basically a slow dismantling of that combat fluidity...by annihilating build diversity and gutting skill usefulness and functionality which just makes it less hands on...a slow killing of the game.

Well i surely do not have the experience yet to comment the state of balance in gw2 , but when i tryed it forfirst time back in 2016 i didnt liked it much, but now i am having a lot of fun.

"What's been happening to gw2 is basically a slow dismantling of that combat fluidity...by annihilating build diversity and gutting skill usefulness and functionality which just makes it less hands on...a slow killing of the game."

The same thing is happening in WoW and every other mmorpg i played, but gw2 pvp is the most enjoyable for me at them moment. Or atleast for now i feel like outplaying enemies actually makes difference.

@razaelll.8324 said:Well i surely do not have the experience yet to comment the state of balance in gw2 , but when i tryed it forfirst time back in 2016 i didnt liked it much, but now i am having a lot of fun.

I mean, the balance feels pretty much the same as it has always been, except way less build variety because less builds are viable...and it makes theory-craft essentially worthless because most classes can only play one or two builds that will be able to accomplish something in a competitive environment. In many cases, it's not just one build on a class, but one build, on one class out of all 9 classes. The only reason this happened is because alot of runes, skill, and trait interactions have been neautered...interactions that were critical to how the build functions, without any sort of replacement or functioning mechanics that allow new builds to flourish.

Good example, i us-to main PP daredevil, an off meta build that was excellent for destroying necromancers, for obvious reasons. Except after nerfs to pistol/pistol by absolutely decimating it's damage without doing any functionality changes to how the weaponset actually does damage, you can see why people start complaining about Necroes being OP...it's cause they don't have counters that exist anymore to defeat them...like PP thief.

Whenever i see a nerf this, or buff that thread is like me being Eren Yaeger... looking at the future. None of it matters, it all is eventually leading to the same eventuality...so long as we stay on this path, nothing will change and it will spell the doom of the games inevitable balance death. The Stickwars 2.

@"Talos.9608" said:in one day i got 3 matches agaist p3 (erazik, rank 55 dragons, some other streamer) as g3 player... i was p1 at begging, having imposible matches (loosing streak) until g2, then sudenly, 2 easy matches as of point of writing this. not a first time, probably not the last, but skill rating is all about luck it seems, and "skill" part does little to nothing. just streaks of loss/wins on obvious points... sorry for matches i afked but those were lost as seen from the plane, and on loosing streak i couldnt play my best so it wouldnt make a difference. I wonder if anyone else who constantly plays ranked found same thing happening?

It's funny, you really only see afk mentality in gold and lower for the most part. I've seen some plats afk but it's super rare.

@Majy.6792 said:

It's funny, you really only see afk mentality in gold and lower for the most part. I've seen some plats afk but it's super rare.

Probably because plat players tend to have more impact from what they do regardless of what their team is doing - either they have an awful team and they have to carry (so they have a chance to win but they have to actually play, so they play), or they're on a decent team and they have a chance to win so why afk.

As opposed to ppl scattered around in gold where sometimes you're just screwed no matter what you do. They're probably good enough to see the odds of the game but not good enough to carry as hard as what is required (or are not duo'd and whatnot).