Making gold

Have you checked here yet?https://www.peuresearchcenter.com/benchmarks.html

Also reference gold per hour, or mention how many hours you've played to get 50 gold. If you say "can't get past 50 gold per day" that naturally sounds like you've literally stayed up 24 hours and you just can't manage to break 50 gold.

I think I probably end up with like 25-30 gold per day off 5 hours average (obviously quite abit more if you consider the value of alternative currencies). I'll do one run of icebound chests and winterberries, dailies, then play pvp and fractals, then do whatever. It varies though cos I tend to hoard my mats and sell a bunch at once when they overflow my 500 limit.

If you just grind all of the most valuable maps (and do tricks with switching characters and maps to reset) the benchmark would probably be something like 90-100gold/5hrs.

I think generally meta-events are the most reliable way to make gold. Silverwastes and the HoT maps (they each have a meta event) seem to be popular, or the newer living world maps. But you need to know what to do with the loot. You don't make much gold from direct drops or from individual items, it's usually the result of opening champion bags, selling the contents or salvaging it and then selling the materials, but that often involves passing the bags to a level 40 or 50 character to open because mid-level crafting materials are worth more.

Alternatively I think Fractal dailies are a good way to make gold, but I don't know any of the specifics.

But I think 50g per day is already pretty good going (depending partially on how many hours a day you play). I certainly don't come close to that, but I only play about an hour or two a day and choose not to spend much of my time intentionally farming gold. I could get 50g in a day if I needed to, but it would be by selling materials and other stuff accumulated over a longer period of time, so I couldn't do it every day.

@"Tridentuk.1625" said:Also reference gold per hour, or mention how many hours you've played to get 50 gold. If you say "can't get past 50 gold per day" that naturally sounds like you've literally stayed up 24 hours and you just can't manage to break 50 gold.

That's a really good point. Gold per day isn't really a helpful way to measure it because if one person plays 1 hour a day and another plays 8 hours a day the second player is going to make far more gold even if they're doing exactly the same things.

I used to have that problem a lot back when I played Ultima Online, people would tell me if you went to certain places it was possible to maximise a skill in a day, or make loads of gold in a day or whatever and I couldn't understand why I never seemed to get very far in the hour I was allowed to play on dial-up internet (this was the late 90s), then I found out when they said a day they meant literally a full day - 12+ hours of doing the same thing over and over.

@"Tridentuk.1625" said:Have you checked here yet?https://www.peuresearchcenter.com/benchmarks.html

Also reference gold per hour, or mention how many hours you've played to get 50 gold. If you say "can't get past 50 gold per day" that naturally sounds like you've literally stayed up 24 hours and you just can't manage to break 50 gold.

I think I probably end up with like 25-30 gold per day off 5 hours average (obviously quite abit more if you consider the value of alternative currencies). I'll do one run of icebound chests and winterberries, dailies, then play pvp and fractals, then do whatever. It varies though cos I tend to hoard my mats and sell a bunch at once when they overflow my 500 limit.

If you just grind all of the most valuable maps (and do tricks with switching characters and maps to reset) the benchmark would probably be something like 90-100gold/5hrs.

There was a time in LA I saw someone mentioning a very impressive amount of gold per day. Impressive until they mentioned that they were playing 12 hours a day.

@BadHealer.3608 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:50g a day is phenomenal compared to the vast majority of usReally? So if you play for ten hours you fail to make 5 gold each hour?

I think all maps have farming routes to give you at least 10 gold each hour.

I'm usually playing the game during the limited time I can allot to be online. I feel that running farming routes wastes that time. /shrug

If making gold is what you enjoy doing then definitely hit up silverwastes or other metas in newer living world seasons, fractals make money if you like them. Some items you can craft sell well on trading post or sell mats. Fifty gold though is higher, imo, than what most casual players who log on after work make.Also, the holiday events....sell items from those.

@"Danikat.8537" said:I used to have that problem a lot back when I played Ultima Online, people would tell me if you went to certain places it was possible to maximise a skill in a day, or make loads of gold in a day or whatever and I couldn't understand why I never seemed to get very far in the hour I was allowed to play on dial-up internet (this was the late 90s), then I found out when they said a day they meant literally a full day - 12+ hours of doing the same thing over and over.

"This tree has no more wood to give."Me: "MOTHER$#&$^#$^$&#^$&^!#^$^$%((!&~!^#$*$&!!!!"