Gates of maguuma achievements

I'm wondering if these are currently bugged? I have done them several times now and they will not update. No workers ever die, I don't get hit by the large golem's attack and I make sure the golemites hit the large golem yet nothing will update. I restarted several times, then I tried to see if it would update finishing it and now I can't go back and redo it.

Just to get it out of the way: when you enter the instance, do you see the yellow ahcievment icons above your skills bar?In order to get ls2 achivements, you must have completed the episode on a character, then replay the episode from the hero window with the same character, giving you purple stars across the map for replay instance entrances. Eligibility is per character, so even if you did the story on another character, a new character won't be eligible.

@Lexi.1398 said:Just to get it out of the way: when you enter the instance, do you see the yellow ahcievment icons above your skills bar?In order to get ls2 achivements, you must have completed the episode on a character, then replay the episode from the hero window with the same character, giving you purple stars across the map for replay instance entrances. Eligibility is per character, so even if you did the story on another character, a new character won't be eligible.

No I was doing it on a second character, so that would explain it. Thank you very much for posting. :)All 3 updated right away once I went back to my main character that had already done them.

@Ozzio.8024 said:

@Lexi.1398 said:Just to get it out of the way: when you enter the instance, do you see the yellow ahcievment icons above your skills bar?In order to get ls2 achivements, you must have completed the episode on a character, then replay the episode from the hero window with the same character, giving you purple stars across the map for replay instance entrances. Eligibility is per character, so even if you did the story on another character, a new character won't be eligible.

No I was doing it on a second character, so that would explain it. Thank you very much for posting. :)All 3 updated right away once I went back to my main character that had already done them.

Yea this was complain about alot so they changed it the seasons after nr2

• 9 months later...

I've been stuck for years and literally quit GW2 because of this. Figured if I gave the gaming company six years they would fix the problem.
They managed to make my credit card work, but they can't make achievement points earnable...

What happens when you delete or no longer have the character you originally did it on?UNOBTAINABLE.

@Retribution.9024 said:I've been stuck for years and literally quit GW2 because of this. Figured if I gave the gaming company six years they would fix the problem.

They managed to make my credit card work, but they can't make achievement points earnable...

What happens when you delete or no longer have the character you originally did it on?UNOBTAINABLE.

No, you just have to do the story step with a character who has already done the story.

@Retribution.9024 said:I've been stuck for years and literally quit GW2 because of this. Figured if I gave the gaming company six years they would fix the problem.

It is obtainable. Complete the story chapter/episode on another character, then go back and complete the achievement(s).