Mount Rotation

I can kind of see the appeal of the skin being a random from your selection. In principle, it's a fair enough idea. However, one of the issues that would put people off using it might be the dye system. The dyes for one mount skin would appear on the next random one and look awful. If you could save dye loadouts for a given skin, then yeah cool. But without that, it's limited

@Randulf.7614 said:I can kind of see the appeal of the skin being a random from your selection. In principle, it's a fair enough idea. However, one of the issues that would put people off using it might be the dye system. The dyes for one mount skin would appear on the next random one and look awful. If you could save dye loadouts for a given skin, then yeah cool. But without that, it's limited

That's exactly what I was going to say. I like the idea of swapping mount skins automatically instead of having to change them manually (I actually use an addon to do this in Elder Scrolls Online, each time I mount up it's a surprise what I get) but the dye system messes it up. Even if I use the same general colour scheme on multiple skins the specific dyes are often different. Also the dye slots aren't used consistently; a dye channel used for a small detail on one skin can cover quite a large area on another, which makes it virtually impossible to get a dye scheme which works across all of them. Until there's a way to save the dyes for each mount skin this system would be useless to me.

But I'd love it if they could create a way to save dyes individually for each skin (and even more if it could be extended to outfits) and if so I'd love to have this system as well.

But I'd also like it to be something which can be enabled and disabled on a per-character basis (so one could use it and another could not) and for each character to have their own list of skins they use, because I think my charr thief might kill me if I put him on a sparkly space raptor.