Help with defeating Cadeyrn in Twilight Arbor (Story mode, solo)

I've never done this dungeon before so I'm not even sure if this is a bug or anything.I'm doing the dungeon solo and I've gotten through most of it fairly well, but this 3rd boss is one that I can't figure out. After getting turned into a cat, Cadeyrn- sometimes, but not always -regens his health to full. I'm guessing it's because there's no enemies in sight (Caithe died early of course) so he then resets.

Is there a good way to tell when he's casting his cat spell? I've tried dodging away during the times I thought he was casting it, but it didn't make a difference.I've also tried researching this and most videos were from 7-8 years ago... though there's this one person who did it several months ago and he managed to not get turned into a cat at some point. The video was sped up really fast so I couldn't make out what he was doing different.

Any other tips I could use for this encounter would be much appreciated!

The easiest solution is just mega high dps. I've solo killed him before getting cat-ed on power builds and condi builds, and it might be a measure of RNG sometimes as to whether or not he cat-transforms you. I'm not sure it helps with stopping his regen, but perhaps condi would be safer to use if the ticks keep him in combat after he transforms you.

The real issue is why it's taking you so long to drop transformation. You need to find the nearest Nightmare Pup and kill it to drop cat form. Every time I get cat-ed, I manage to get out of the transformation well before the regen fills Caderyn back to full.

I solo TA on a daily basis, so I'd be glad to help you by way of observation - I can come watch you try, or you can watch me do it.

• 9 months later...

Dungeons scale your level.  In dungeons that scale you down from level 65 or lower, it favors power over condition damage with one exception (SE path 2 final boss is vulnerable to condition damage while being invulnerable to direct damage). Power Reaper is actually broken in dungeons because of how the scaling works.  The ferocity you get from both traits (Death Perception and Reaper's Onslaught) is much more than the 40% increase to crit damage at 80 when scaled down (It's twice as strong in some instances).

The idea here is you do big crits while in reaper shroud.  Most, if not all dungeon bosses don't actually have that much in the way of hitpoints as their game balance stopped in 2014.  They're stuck with the power levels of core classes in that time period.  So you break the defiance bar, and burst down.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 6:04 PM, jbywater.7980 said:

Same problem here. Can't solo him. 

He turns me into a cat and gets all his health back. I trash the rest of the dungeon leading up to this, running full vipers and max condi. 

Oh well, time to give up on this mastery point. 

GG

If it's the mastery point what you're after, and not the semi-imposed "solo the 5-man path" challenge, the easiest solution is to just ask someone to do it with you.