Balance Patch Preview - WvW

Cal Cohen.2358

as i wrote in many threads by now, please think about what u wish for guys.

Wvw is based on imbalance, and i don't think this nerfs called "balance" do any good on that. there'll always be goodstuff. and honestly, the meta didn't change that much yet, even with all those nasty damage strips. only boonstrips, pulls and heavy CC-spam as well as condi got more again. is that really what ppl want?

@Sethroad.2857 said:Hell yes! Thank you Cal Cohen and team! Reeling in the power creep was more than necessary, I was kinda worried that you'd go too light on the original change, but what I see now gives me hope that things will improve! Thank you so much for your work and keep at it! People will be mad about their class getting nerfed, but your outlined vision is solid! Stay strong and keep delivering!

The complaining is mostly because they will be not able to one shot things anymore.My concern is there will not be enough cleanse for the amount of condition stacking.

And they didn't touch DE infinite invis.

@"Spartacus.3192" said:Who's ready to celebrate the one year anniversary of the HUGE patch of Feb 2020 where

1. Many of the passive traits went on 300 sec CD as "placeholders" while ANET reworked the traits?
  2. Nearly all CC did no damage with no real thought going into it.

Unless you mean the happiness of the PvP players who departed towards games with better PvP,I don't think there is anything to celebrate.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Spartacus.3192" said:Who's ready to celebrate the one year anniversary of the HUGE patch of Feb 2020 where
  1. Many of the passive traits went on 300 sec CD as "placeholders" while ANET reworked the traits?

Unless you mean the happiness of the PvP players who departed towards games with better PvP,I don't think there is anything to celebrate.

Also wasn't the goal to increase time to kill in both PvP and WvW? In WvW it just caused group size to go up by 10 to accomplish the same thing as before, which feels like its lead to more blobs and makes it harder for groups of 15 to zergbust groups they previously could beat with enough clever play.

@Fueki.4753 said:

yes nothing to celebrate thats my point

i think the basic class balance was really good when i started in 2019... bit condi-heavy, but u could even do stuff as newbie with cc's, despite back then literally every healing skill had stability included sort of. then, anet removed a lot of class-intern stability, stripped damage of ccs, but it is still cc-spamerama.

working as intended?

that's why i'm sceptical to any balance changes. need to get people with insight. players, not marketing bois.

I just started playing again and I really want to see a new balance update...the current meta is incredibly boring and stale. Nothing feels fun to play. Instead of just nerfing/buffing we need a lot of reworks of weapons, skills, and traits that are never used. They don't need to be made over the top, just practical for different playstyles. Instead of pushing people into a few viable builds, you need to create more build diversity.

Also 300s cd's...no just no....

@"Jski.6180" said:Today would be the preview if we where getting are normal February update. The days not over but so far nothing.

Bold of us to assume Anet cares at this point. Let's see how EoD will do. The guys working on it say classic stuff that needs to be said, cause contracts "we are very excited to work on this! We are trying our best!" etc. It's sad, but no Balance pathc will come until the expac comes and I'm sure they'll go for an undecover patch, with no input from players, which will result in the same shitshow.

For christ's sake, they hardly work on IBS, a release which future players will have to pay for if without an acc already.

One could only wish for meaningful changes in the traits, but naaaaah. Probably going to be CDs, nerfs etc, without addressing any issues such as boon uptime and condi spam.

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:

@"Jski.6180" said:Today would be the preview if we where getting are normal February update. The days not over but so far nothing.

Bold of us to assume Anet cares at this point. Let's see how EoD will do. The guys working on it say classic stuff that needs to be said, cause contracts "we are very excited to work on this! We are trying our best!" etc. It's sad, but no Balance pathc will come until the expac comes and I'm sure they'll go for an undecover patch, with no input from players, which will result in the same kitten.

For christ's sake, they hardly work on IBS, a release which future players will have to pay for if without an acc already.

One could only wish for meaningful changes in the traits, but naaaaah. Probably going to be CDs, nerfs etc, without addressing any issues such as boon uptime and condi spam.

They did a year ago.

I am still not seeing info on the expac to make this "down time" worth any thing.

They did a blanket nerf with out any thoughts of what the skills do and even said they where more place holders for another update down the road. We are far down that road and cd / dmg numbers CAN be updated during all that going on. I for one would love to just draw a paycheck doing nothing but my job makes me do a lot of labor to give me a paycheck i do not know why anet seem not to have the same set of rules.

gw2 players: we goin' back to Cantha!gw1 veteran devs: hold my beer!gw2 players: 2 years, no wvw alliances still?gw1 veteran devs: oh look...50v50 Wargw2 players: I miss GW1 Fort Aspenwood & Jade Quarry invasion style playgw1 veteran devs: here you go...20v20 outpost rushgw2 players: friendly competition much?gw1 veteran devs: ..ends transmission..

Y2sjCkM.png

@WWWWWWWW.6742 said:Looking at the OP, this looks like an overall slowdown in the pace of combat. That is excellent. I miss the calculated fights I used to have with others pre-hot.

Slow as still getting 2 shot or being condi from 100% to 0% in 5 sec? Some classes got combat slowed down and some classes combat is at the same speed. When you say 3 blocks with a dmg at the end is just the same as taking 0 dmg for 4 sec there is something massively wrong with the balancing and this game going this long with out a fix to the blanket nerf. Same is true for hard cc dmg nerfs with nothing of cd and added effects non update.

@"WWWWWWWW.6742" just that we're quite far away from structured fights, a bit more often than not. experienced groups vs inexperienced end in one push. it's all the elite specs beeing really strong since several years. the nerfs feel rushed and are just that: nerfs. not exactly balance. aspects like fast dmg and some traits or skills don't even get looked at. mobility isn't counted it. weak weapons don't get buffs to create kinda "balance" that'd be the "aim" of this.

therefore ... eh.

I got excited seeing the "10/10 balance patch" post earlier then realized I was being a fool :s

But ooof. These WvW posts always make me sad. It seems to be a pattern they use for how they "manage" the game mode- neglect it for years, then come in with ideas they want to experiment with, send promises of further work coming our way, then... the inevitable silence and back to neglect. Someone is calling the shots for these decisions and I feel like it's time they invest in better leadership in their ranks.