Finally a beefy mount for my charr - [Merged]

Farohna.6247

I've seen a lot of remarks to the effect of 'PvE players don't have Warclaw so they made it a Jackal' but uh.. I'm a PvE player and I have a Warclaw.

Its primary function is running between objectives, carrying players with supply, and pulling on gates - it's a beast of burden. Applying an ox skin to a mount like that seems like a huge no-brainer. I find WvW to basically be PvE with occasional PvP combat, so WvW and PvE are essentially the same thing to me, hence how I was able to get the mount without much trouble.

I hope that future hoofbeasts are assigned to Warclaws, but after seeing the deer skin and now an ox be given to Jackal, those hopes aren't super high.

@AgentMoore.9453 said:I've seen a lot of remarks to the effect of 'PvE players don't have Warclaw so they made it a Jackal' but uh.. I'm a PvE player and I have a Warclaw.That wasn't my point. My point was that I believed that more PvE players have jackals than warclaws. Only Anet has the stats on that which is why I believe that they made this decision so as to make the skin available to a larger percentage of the player base, thus more sales. /shrug

I'm a PvE player and I have the warclaw, too.

Cool skin but the jackal is the one mount I use the least. I don't think I've used the jackal in over a month. It would have made much more sense on the warclaw.

@Sylvyn.4750 said:Anet would probably make more money with the same resources if they made some of these skins dual-purpose...have the ox be both a Warclaw and a Jackal skin and allow players to make an irrevocable choice at the time of purchase which mount they want to apply it to.

I'd like to see it be a dual skin as well. Another I've though could be a dual skin is the raptor skin Gallant Lightbearer. It could be a springer skin with a bit of tweaking on the animation. It would need to set back on it's haunches for vertical jumps and bunny hop.

@Sylvyn.4750 said:Anet would probably make more money with the same resources if they made some of these skins dual-purpose...have the ox be both a Warclaw and a Jackal skin and allow players to make an irrevocable choice at the time of purchase which mount they want to apply it to.

I'm not sure that they would net more money as they would have to make two, different mount skins.

@kharmin.7683 said:

I'm not sure that they would net more money as they would have to make two, different mount skins.

Is it literally a new skin that covers the base model, or is it a whole new model that takes the place of the old? I've had times when I've loaded slowly into a map and have seen the base model appear first and then is replaced a second or two later with the new one. It looks like the one model is being swapped for a completely new one rather than just the skin being replaced over the body. Maybe that applies only to the ones that have a very different outline from the base model... from jackal to ox in this case. If they can code jackal to ox, then why not warclaw to ox?

It seems like we should have the Sand Lion mount skin be a Jackal instead of the Warclaw and the Noble Auroch mount skin be the Warclaw not Jackal. Couldn't Anet just switch them so we can get some continuity? The sand from the Sand Lion makes sense to be Jackal and I'd love to see a group of Bulls in WVW charging around (like the running of the bulls). Makes a better gaming quality of life don't you think?

They can’t switch them now, but I agree it is a little odd.

The sand warclaw skin we got could literally not have been more perfect for the jackal. The jackal is a desert beast that teleports using sand. Then we have a sand lion, also from the desert, but... warclaw. Don’t get me wrong I’m very happy to see the Warclaw getting more skins but it was an odd choice.

Then along comes this skin which is thematically perfect for what the Warclaw is.

No big deal in the end but hopefully next time anet will swap them around to a more logical pairing

Anet, next time you google first the animal before giving it a new skin. Jackals have horns, wow. I will not be surprised in the year of the Monkey you will have a Monkey Griffon and in the year of the Rooster you'll have a Rooster Jackal.

It's clearly a WARCLAW and I CANT GET OVER IT!!!

@XerMeLL.6042 said:Anet, next time you google first the animal before giving it a new skin. Jackals have horns, wow. I will not be surprised in the year of the Monkey you will have a Monkey Griffon and in the year of the Rooster you'll have a Rooster Jackal.

It's clearly a WARCLAW and I CANT GET OVER IT!!!

War claw is basically a big cat with some heavy armor, I don’t see why a cat can turn into a bull but a dog can’t? This is about some cat lover against us dog lovers isn’t it???

@Temujin.7356 said:It seems like we should have the Sand Lion mount skin be a Jackal instead of the Warclaw and the Noble Auroch mount skin be the Warclaw not Jackal. Couldn't Anet just switch them so we can get some continuity? The sand from the Sand Lion makes sense to be Jackal and I'd love to see a group of Bulls in WVW charging around (like the running of the bulls). Makes a better gaming quality of life don't you think?

I don’t get that lol why is a lion better skin for a dog instead a big cat? The jackals attack animation is bounce and knock into something, while warclaw spead the arms and slash into the enemy, which one works better for an ox??