Downed Penalty reapplies itself after waypointing

I came across an issue where the downed penalty will reappear on you after you waypoint from a death. It looks to be a case where you get the penalty and eventually die from rallying too many times, waypoint, and then enter another zone (in this case it was leaving my keep and entering the zone for ogre watch). Here is the footage of it happening. You can see at 33 seconds the penalty isn't there but it appears (and is actively working as the footage shows) at the 51 second mark. After death and waypointing, it does it again at the 1:36 mark.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Probably a visual bug where it disappears from the UI while in the keep.

I am pretty sure that death penalty is supposed to clear once you are ressed or waypoint after a full death.

Nope. It’s never worked that way.

Yes, it has always worked that way. Those stacks are when you haven't fully died yet. Once dead, you are reset on everything.

@Nordic Natedog.4360 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Probably a visual bug where it disappears from the UI while in the keep.

I am pretty sure that death penalty is supposed to clear once you are ressed or waypoint after a full death.

Yes, it has always worked that way. Those stacks are when you haven't fully died yet. Once dead, you are reset on everything.

It has never worked like that. If you disagree then please link a source that backs that up. The penalty stacks going away has always been time-based.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

It has never worked like that. If you disagree then please link a source that backs that up. The penalty stacks going away has always been time-based.

I has always worked that way. In fact, Anet has fixed it and it now is removed correctly.

@Nordic Natedog.4360 said:

I has always worked that way. In fact, Anet has fixed it and it now is removed correctly.

Just tested it. The stacks disappeared when I WP'd but they were back a few seconds later.

As I stated in my post, if you believe it never worked that way then by all means provide your evidence. The wiki and my experience indicate that the stacks are timer-based.