Inability to purchase gems due to in-game store

@AshkyLicious.4729 said:

@"Ruba.6382" said:I'm experiencing the same "gray out indefinitely" issue too, and I live in Sweden.I've been in contact with support and I've sent them a bunch of information and stuff and their conclusion is that it's caused by high latency, and they listed some common causes of that. Like high internet traffic load, internet speed, distance from the server, use of wireless connection, and background downloads and updates.

But I'm questioning that for now since my internet is always quite fast, even during higher traffic hours. And I don't use a wireless connection and I don't have a bunch of downloads and updates running in the background. What we definitely have in common is the distance from their servers. But if I had a bad connection to their server wouldn't I experience a bunch of lag while playing? I don't know about you, but the game runs perfectly for me.

I asked them about this in my latest reply and I'm waiting for an answer now.I also linked this forum discussion and I encouraged them to look into this potential "invisible pop-up window" issue.

Did you get any reply from Anet? Just curious to see if they made any progress in this matter.

I did, but they just want me to change things on my end, like changing my in-game Content streaming settings, and clean-up Winsock entries, and override my DNS settings to Google's public DNS... Whatever that means (I don't want to do that because I won't remember how to reverse it if I need to). And in the last reply, they wanted me to download a VPN, which I haven't done yet and I don't know if I will. My mental energy is starting to run out and I just hope that it gets fixed by itself.

I tried to buy gems again a few hours ago, but instead of just getting the "gray out indefinitely" issue again a completely white window also popped up now after clicking confirm.

@Ruba.6382 said:

@Ruba.6382 said:I'm experiencing the same "gray out indefinitely" issue too, and I live in Sweden.I've been in contact with support and I've sent them a bunch of information and stuff and their conclusion is that it's caused by high latency, and they listed some common causes of that. Like high internet traffic load, internet speed, distance from the server, use of wireless connection, and background downloads and updates.

But I'm questioning that for now since my internet is always quite fast, even during higher traffic hours. And I don't use a wireless connection and I don't have a bunch of downloads and updates running in the background. What we definitely have in common is the distance from their servers. But if I had a bad connection to their server wouldn't I experience a bunch of lag while playing? I don't know about you, but the game runs perfectly for me.

I asked them about this in my latest reply and I'm waiting for an answer now.I also linked this forum discussion and I encouraged them to look into this potential "invisible pop-up window" issue.

Did you get any reply from Anet? Just curious to see if they made any progress in this matter.

I did, but they just want me to change things on my end, like changing my in-game Content streaming settings, and clean-up Winsock entries, and override my DNS settings to Google's public DNS... Whatever that means (I don't want to do that because I won't remember how to reverse it if I need to). And in the last reply, they wanted me to download a VPN, which I haven't done yet and I don't know if I will. My mental energy is starting to run out and I just hope that it gets fixed by itself.

I tried to buy gems again a few hours ago, but instead of just getting the "gray out indefinitely" issue again a completely white window also popped up now after clicking confirm.

Dont do those things! Dont really know why they want you to do all those things since this is a known issue that many has, atleast for us who's living in scandinavia.

The white window you're seeing is actually a fix they have made. Its a window for the pop up to load within, and it seems like its working for some people, but not for us who lives in sweden as I understood from their response in my ticket. They are looking into this and will write back when they have an update!

@AshkyLicious.4729 said:

@Ruba.6382 said:I'm experiencing the same "gray out indefinitely" issue too, and I live in Sweden.I've been in contact with support and I've sent them a bunch of information and stuff and their conclusion is that it's caused by high latency, and they listed some common causes of that. Like high internet traffic load, internet speed, distance from the server, use of wireless connection, and background downloads and updates.

Dont do those things! Dont really know why they want you to do all those things since this is a known issue that many has, atleast for us who's living in scandinavia.

The white window you're seeing is actually a fix they have made. Its the window for the pop up to load within, and it seems like its working for some people, but not for us who lives in sweden as I understood from their response in my ticket. They are looking into this and will write back when they have an update!

Maybe they used me for troubleshooting :'D I don't know.

And that sounds good, thanks for letting me know!

Weird.. I live in Sweden too and have the same problem. I solved it by using Paypal, but that's not a solution.

If this is a networking issue, then someone may be doing things they're not supposed to do (either ANet or the government)? What is different in Scandinavia compared to other countries where this works?

@"Lucio.4190" said:Weird.. I live in Sweden too and have the same problem. I solved it by using Paypal, but that's not a solution.

If this is a networking issue, then someone may be doing things they're not supposed to do (either ANet or the government)? What is different in Scandinavia compared to other countries where this works?

I dont know if it has gotten stricter with the "Verifying of purchases" - part for us who lives in Sweden, from the banks perspective? This issue has never existed before for me prior to middle of january. In a way it's a good thing with them being stricter, so we dont get exposed to fraud etc.

Anet just needs to implement a good pop-up system for their Gemstore and then we're good to go :p

Had same problem as other living in Sweden and I have purchased Gems for several year the same way through (Credit Card option) and with the same bank connected to card.

First time since 2021 January that I had to go through a second verification step with mobile BankID (the system used both in Sweden and Norway as far as I know) where you confirm purchase with an QR code that you scan with cell phones camera (ANet could have improved that window so you don't have to scroll down to uncover that QR picture; window are too small to show all information above the surface of game).

Everything looked to work as supposed too, but no confirmation window showed up at the last stage as it should (it show purchase ID number and possible to make recipe; and that an email will be sent).

Checked this forum and found out that more ppl had the same problem, especially Scandinavia, but also other EU countries.

Tried a second time and now it went through, so it works to some part. It might be that I didn't retry directly, but had a 5-10 min break before I tried again after checking that no money had been reserved or email had been sent.

I guess the problem could be that Ireland (Digital River inc. handling payments for NCsoft/ANet and have main office placed on Ireland) have gained some trouble since Brexit also means that certain things work different then before within EU and the change in higher security for online trade which have been demanded from EC adds into this. Brexit have created a lot fuss for trading (as Ireland have a lot of digital companies located there) and how trading with EU countries should continue. It might be that Ireland (and Digital River Inc.) have more to do then normally because of all this.

I have a similar problem (Polish bank account) - after clicking "Confirm" a white square appears. I belive this could be the 2nd authorisation ShadowCatz is talking about, but still I never had to go through that step in the past. This occurs on both EU and NA accounts. And it only applies to credit card payment - PayPal works perfectly.

I am having the same issues of not being able to purchase gems. I get a red error that flashes quickly at the top saying "Unfortunately an error occurred. Try again later." (I think), I don't get a grayed and timed out window like a few of the others. As I'm seeing a lot of EU players, I just wanted to mention I am playing from Vancouver Island, BC, Canada.Methods tried: VISA, AmEx, Paypal. All failed. All current and up-to-date. Support ticket submitted.

Hi,I found this:

Guild Wars 2 Support -> Important Announcements -> Current Known Issues

Credit Card Purchase Issue Affecting Some European Countries – White Screen After Clicking ConfirmWe are aware of a purchase issue preventing some European credit card purchases from completing. The errors reported are either a small white box or a “not found on this server” message after clicking the ‘Confirm’ button when purchasing with a credit card. We are working with our payment processor to resolve this as quickly as possible.As a workaround, this error does not occur when using the PayPal® payment method. If possible, try using this payment method. If you cannot use PayPal or another payment other than a credit card, please check back to this post as we will remove it once the issue has been resolved.

It's been like almost one month now with this issue going on and the support doesnt really give any update on how it's going with this issue. I just get like automated responses almost all the time which is really frustrating. Is it that hard for Anet to be transparent for once? Tiresome to get told all the time to use Paypal or buying Gem cards (which I havent seen any store in Sweden sell at all). Does anybody here have any more luck than me with the support?

• 3 weeks later...

Does it work to purchase gems with Paypal? Im considering to create an Paypal-account since it has taken so much time for Anet to solve this issue.

@"Pownta.7041" said:Yeah they just told me they are "aware of it" and that i should check the website for updates...

They have given me the same response all the time for over a whole month now... Have a feeling that they aren't even working on this issue for the moment... Which is a shame since they are the ones who are loosing money because of this...

As an alternative method some here could try the paysafe option in gemstore. It has limited number of countries listed found here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/paysafecard-now-accepted-in-gem-store/ Denmark and Sweden are both on the list.

Basically you look up nearest kiosk/store that has paysafe, go there, ask for it and pay the sum you want. You'll get a receipt with a code on it worth the sum you paid. Then you use it to pay your gem purchase, so it's kinda like buying a gem card or a store gift card.Personally I use the paysafe direct since it's easier and I mostly buy stuff for myself. Requires you to get mobile app, make an account and you use that to select a sum. The store scans it and you pay. In this case the receipt is only a backup since the amount goes directly to your paysafe account.

I've had zero problems using this payment method, unlike some credit card payments in the past.

@Emilzyka.5291 said:I also have this problem from Sweden - very annoying since the march sales are going on atm... I tried doing it with paypal but It did not work for me but maybe I did something wrong.

You're not the only one having problem with Paypal. I've read some other posts in the forum were people are having the same issue with Paypal aswell, so Im sure you're not doing anything wrong :)