Just 2 cents, this got old pretty fast

MorgothLich.1253

Scourge was basically nerfed into nothing because its Aoe shade ability was too oppressive, when it was 2 corruptions and a bit of burning.Yet today we have renegade shortbow and spirits with big radius, ranger barrage which does too high dmg(especially if coupled with one wolf pack), and then the cherry on top invisible trapper dh covering entire points(the small ones) with traps, symbols and swords of justice, to the point where the power and condi dmg can be so high if you are forced on them you are dead.Where's the consistency in balance approach? Either scourge aoe nerf was underserved or there are some classes now that need a nerf in the aoe sector...Decide: are we playing who got more aoe and support wins or what? If it's the first one, then unnerf shades,and wells aoe, because I want to join the clown aoe fiesta too.Ty bb

Nerfing the burning on dhuumfire to 1 second was overkill when you pair it with the internal cooldown. One of the nerfs should be reverted imo.

The burning nerf was obviously done to tone down core condi necro, but it made the trait unplayable on scourge. It's unironically a dps loss over Eternal Life. You get more dps out of the passive life force gen than you do out of the burning.

ah so this is what necromancers tell themselves when they see scourge not being viable.What I see is FB + scourge meta where nothing can kill them and they win by attrition, and the only counter is better fb + scourge.Im sure you lads would just LOOOVE to have it back, it was sooooo much fun, almost as much fun as bunker scrapper and decap druid, same level of degeneracy.

@Majy.6792 said:My favorite thing about scourge is how they time gate burning but that's not true for any other class. Burn DH is silly right now, you don't have to have any mastery of the class and can 1v3.

Why do people claim DH to be so strong? It has slow, obvious cast times for aoe traps. People can literally walk in a circle and you´ll never hit them with any traps.It´s slow, has barely any gap closers, no decent ranged damage, and heavily dependant on people walking into traps. Spear pulls them in, but it also easily dodgeable and most classes have a teleport, invuln, block, etc. I just don´t see why anyone would claim it´s strong in solo queue beyond silver.

Opposite goes for spellbreaker btw, what a clown fiesta when a sb decides to bunker up and play jumping puzzles.

Scourge and necro btw is the most braindead class in the game. A class with 40/50k hp and that much sustain on top of mobility AND good damage should pretty much not exist.

You know what.. most classes are bollocks in pvp. Ranger with bizarre damage, insane downstate, and perma immob. Warrior with 100 gap closers, 100 cc, and 10000 toughness and 100 blocks. Firebrand which is unkillable. Revenant with the clown damage. They just managed to make a lot of specs cancerous. If you look at moba´s you can see it is possible to make classes very challenging to fight, but there is always something you can do to counter something. A water tempest? Shit out of luck. Cannot do anything. It´s like rock paper scissors.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:ah so this is what necromancers tell themselves when they see scourge not being viable.What I see is FB + scourge meta where nothing can kill them and they win by attrition, and the only counter is better fb + scourge.Im sure you lads would just LOOOVE to have it back, it was sooooo much fun, almost as much fun as bunker scrapper and decap druid, same level of degeneracy.

Well there were ways to make it not terrible and keep it viable i suppose i mean people were crying for nerfing the radius and not touching the damage and then fb did need huge nerfs, because it helped carry scourge.

Y'all just skipped my main point. Which is not to reinsert the obnoxious aoe like scourge,or worse (that was a provocation), but instead to make people reflect on the fact that if the line of thought "lets reduce aoe spam, for healtier game" was right then, where is it now? Nowhere to be seenGotta wait for next balance patch in 20XX

@Crackers.9628 said:

@Majy.6792 said:My favorite thing about scourge is how they time gate burning but that's not true for any other class. Burn DH is silly right now, you don't have to have any mastery of the class and can 1v3.

Why do people claim DH to be so strong? It has slow, obvious cast times for aoe traps. People can literally walk in a circle and you´ll never hit them with any traps.It´s slow, has barely any gap closers, no decent ranged damage, and heavily dependant on people walking into traps. Spear pulls them in, but it also easily dodgeable and most classes have a teleport, invuln, block, etc. I just don´t see why anyone would claim it´s strong in solo queue beyond silver.

Opposite goes for spellbreaker btw, what a clown fiesta when a sb decides to bunker up and play jumping puzzles.

Scourge and necro btw is the most braindead class in the game. A class with 40/50k hp and that much sustain on top of mobility AND good damage should pretty much not exist.

You know what.. most classes are kitten in pvp. Ranger with bizarre damage, insane downstate, and perma immob. Warrior with 100 gap closers, 100 cc, and 10000 toughness and 100 blocks. Firebrand which is unkillable. Revenant with the clown damage. They just managed to make a lot of specs cancerous. If you look at moba´s you can see it is possible to make classes very challenging to fight, but there is always something you can do to counter something. A water tempest? kitten out of luck. Cannot do anything. It´s like rock paper scissors.

Heh, I doubt you play necro if you think it's stronger than burn DH right now. I play both, burn DH is silly, necro feels actually pretty balanced.