My Daredevil is constantly leaning or tilting unnaturally with the terrain. - [Merged]

Nah, been happening way too much after yesterday's patch.I'd assume Daredevils (thieves in general?) are somehow special in this regard, since the rest of my characters don't suffer such severe cases of the legendary perpetualus perpendiculatus.'Till (if?) it gets fixed, changing Your character's form via a tonic, for example, seems to reset the model, getting rid of the bug, in case the weapon swapping doesn't work.Urine-poor luck, isn't it?

Turns out the issue has nothing to do with movement skills as I first suspected. At least not one's own skills.

The problem appears when an enemy lands a movement-forcing CC on a character (of any profession; props for playing the Thief Master Class, though!).

Before last patch, it occurred only if a lot of movement (should have) happened at the same time, and the client apparently fried in indecision.After the patch, every single form of these cardio reminders - from nightly Lego bricks to wheneverly encounters with legs of various counts and attractiveness - causes the glitch to surface.

Happening here, too - I noticed it with my daredevil, but I haven't yet been able to confirm if it happens with other classes, too. In my case, it happens out of combat, just randomly standing on tilted surfaces. No enemy was around, nothing landed a CC on me...my daredevil just decided that cheerfully spitting in gravity's face was a fun new game.

Daredevils also have a lot of full-body animated moves, which don't seem to be affected, meaning that You could Bound and Vault around for two hours straight and only notice the perpetualus perpendiculatus upon taking Your hands off the keyboard.Galmac mentioned mounts, though, but mounts were always this way, no?

Another detail I've noticed is that idle animations which use the entire body are perpendicular to the surface, but if the animation involves only the head (or potentially torso), the head attempts to stay as "normal" as the rest of the skeleton allows.

Default (use the blue line on the wall behind Rïta for reference):ilPmD73.jpg

Default close-up, for detail:Hw6jpHM.jpg

Full body animation:c8o0guW.jpg

Head (and torso) animation:oDQRu4N.jpg

Human, engineer, female.Not related to Michael Jackson whatsoever.

! WRC7Ykq.jpg

Hi there,

I created a human thief a few days ago and ever since, I'm experiencing a problem within story instances. Sometimes after a fight, mostly when I used the sitting position of the deadeye, the character doesn't level out with the ground anymore, but instead he's adapting to the incline. I can sometimes fix it with putting away the rifle and jumping a few times, but as you might imagine, this can get pretty annoying :-) It happened through random instances, so it seems to be a general problem. Please find 2 screenshots attached :-)

https://www.directupload.net/file/d/6088/4ljw5h9s_jpg.htmhttps://www.directupload.net/file/d/6088/in666dnh_jpg.htm

I'm curious if this is a known problem and if there's an easy fix.

Best regards,

Florian

It's not just a Deadeye - or thief - thing. Here's another thread on it: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/122230/my-daredevil-is-constantly-leaning-or-tilting-unnaturally-with-the-terrain

It happens on occasion regardless of character, race, or profession, and it's been happening since January, I think. No clue why, since it seems to happen at random, but you're not alone. :)

• 2 weeks later...

It's been hitting me constantly today on both warrior and guardian. The warrior was in the Khan Ur jumping puzzle and, as far as I know, had not been in combat. It made the puzzle very difficult, especially the part with the tree as my warrior was tipping back and forth like a drunken weeble.