Season 4 tome question

Mega.4920

Hello. I'm a returning player, and I've been doing the skyscale thingy for the time being.

I've got a question about this particular item. I completed the full living world season 4 story on my main character, and I'm currently farming the materials needed for the saddle, like branded mass and so.

My question is: If I buy this item, can I give it to a alt so I can access those maps without having to play the season 4 story again?

@Mega.4920 said:Hello. I'm a returning player, and I've been doing the skyscale thingy for the time being.

I've got a question about this particular item. I completed the full living world season 4 story on my main character, and I'm currently farming the materials needed for the saddle, like branded mass and so.

My question is: If I buy this item, can I give it to a alt so I can access those maps without having to play the season 4 story again?

Yep. It works well in a shared inventory slot, too. ;)

@"kharmin.7683" said:Good point. I assumed if one had the tome then one would also have the scrolls, but that's not necessarily the case.

They should rename that item to "season 4 scroll folder" instead of a tome. A tome implies that the content is already in it, but it is not, and the description supports that. So it's basically a folder you put your scrolls in. :tongue:

@"Mega.4920" said:Hello. I'm a returning player, and I've been doing the skyscale thingy for the time being.

Almost every item in game have a description, if it will be account or soulbound. Some item will become bound when you open a container (to avoid it getting bound when you loot it or get it into your inventory) and other you have to equip to make it bound (souldbound in most cases). As for both Scrolls and Tomes, both are account bound which make it possible to move those between characters and into bank or use in Shared Inventory. Just make sure to NOT double click item in Shared Inventory when you are in Bank at same time as it will move item into Bank.

List of all portal scrolls in game: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_navigation#Teleportation_devices

Scroll for Dragonfall: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragonfall_Portal_Scroll(Look at right and you will see that it is Account Bound. You need to complete Story: Life in the Underworld. This to get access NPC merchant that sell this item.)

As suggested in this thread: Buy first Scroll and later buy Tome when you have more Scrolls that can be put into one place with Tome to save space (and Shared Inventory slot). When you have a Scroll in inventory and activate Tome, you will be asked if you want to add it into Tome.

If you don't have Skyscale mount, but started to work on it, then you can borrow Skyscale (look at map icons to see where on map) and collect Volatile Magic.

With only basic Skyscale (and not yet upgraded mount skills from Mastery) it can be tricky, but it do work to get a lot of VM this way and there are other maps you find if you search GW2 wiki for Volatile Magic locations.

Don't buy Gathering Tools with Karma, as it is easier and cheaper to use mounts for collecting those VM currencies on maps then using Gatherings Tools (you get a small amount VM at same time other crafting material is being gathered). Same vendor that sell Tome and Scroll for PoF maps, do also sell VM Gathering Tools for Karma.

At main WP (Pact Command) for Dragonfall you will find a NPC that also can exchange VM for Branded Mass and other currencies you need to for Skyscale once a day. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Traveling_Elonian_Trader