Automatic Trebuchet!?

Gudradain.3892

Would it be interesting to have automatic Trebuchet?

By that, I mean a Trebuchet that you adjust manually, shoot 1 time and then put on repeat and it will always fire that same shot non stop.

I know, I know. It's a very bad idea and could lead to multiple form of abuse like:

• shooting at your own structure door to automatically destroy Flame Ram
  • shooting poison cow at camp supply depot to prevent anyone from getting supply

But, could there be a condition that would prevent such abuse? For example:

If the trebuchet shot didn't hit a non-destroyed enemy structure or projectile destroyer then stop shooting?

Couldn't help but reply with a simple solution that requires no coding.

Heavy Stapler + 2

If you need instructions:Use Heavy Stapler to hold down #2 key on the keyboard.

Works great to level up or train in Maple Story too...just takes more time & effort to setup based on what I've previously observed.

I do not condone or condemn this type of player behavior, but would keep it in mind to prevent abuse.

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:as diku wrote... people do that since ages in wvw. afk trebbers are probably over half of the amounts of treb-"users"

Actually, Diku didn’t understand what the OP was actually asking for.

Diku’s suggestion is for max range ONLY.

The OP is asking for the ability to find the range manually, then set it to auto fire AT THAT RANGE.. so, if it’s 57%, each shot would be at 57%

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:Tabasco Sauce use: #441Terb marco

@Strider Pj.2193 said:The OP is asking for the ability to find the range manually, then set it to auto fire AT THAT RANGE.. so, if it’s 57%, each shot would be at 57%

Anet free solution: Put terb further away

I say they move the camp.

I'm sure the wvw dev they're trying to hire will get on it right after the foundation work for alliances is complete.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:Tabasco Sauce use: #441Terb marco

@Strider Pj.2193 said:The OP is asking for the ability to find the range manually, then set it to auto fire AT THAT RANGE.. so, if it’s 57%, each shot would be at 57%

Anet free solution: Put terb further away

I say they move the camp.

I'm sure the wvw dev they're trying to hire will get on it right after the foundation work for alliances is complete.

Man... I figured they’d still need to ‘buy the land’ before they started on the foundation..

• 1 month later...

My original suggestion [ Heavy Stapler + 2 ] does assume your "automated" trebuchet shot will be at max power.

If you're more creative...you could perhaps use other mechanics. Enjoy.

i.e. - How to set up Automatic High Alching on Runescape for fast free mage XP, no botting

Once again...I do not condone or condemn this type of player behavior, but would keep it in mind to prevent abuse.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:as diku wrote... people do that since ages in wvw. afk trebbers are probably over half of the amounts of treb-"users"

Actually, Diku didn’t understand what the OP was actually asking for.

Diku’s suggestion is for max range ONLY.

The OP is asking for the ability to find the range manually, then set it to auto fire AT THAT RANGE.. so, if it’s 57%, each shot would be at 57%

I understood this suggestion the same as you @Strider Pj.2193. Also, I remember there are some treb locations where even if one were to build a treb further back (or forward . . . Depends) . . . The treb shot would then miss the target area, even if one would attempt to adjust the treb shot charge time accordingly.

@"Diku.2546" said:My original suggestion [ Heavy Stapler + 2 ] does assume your "automated" trebuchet shot will be at max power.

If you're more creative...you could perhaps use other mechanics. Enjoy.

i.e. - How to set up Automatic High Alching on Runescape for fast free mage XP, no botting

Once again...I do not condone or condemn this type of player behavior, but would keep it in mind to prevent abuse.

Ah yes, those were the days. The grinding for AP in FFIX was so obscene I used to tape down the joystick & 'x' button to farm easy random encounters whilst i'd go do something else. Keep in mind I owned a gameshark, it just felt like such a cheat to use it. =p

If you want an automatic treb, put a weighted item on your '2' key.Note that that won't stop you from being killed when the opposition decides they're tired of having their stuff trebbed, or you from DC'ing from inactivity.

~ Kovu