WvW ascended drops actually good?

Tridentuk.1625

I was looking at drop rates for fractals and such, all the way up to t4, and they were complaining about "oh it takes weeks to get a weapon box/armor box or useful trinkets to drop"...Meanwhile I've played WvW for basically a full single reward track's worth (half the Orr track I think? and half the warclaw) which is a really short time really.. I've had an ascended pistol drop, ascended heavy armor which I can't use, and 3 asc rings that were crap but still..

I never hear about WvW being a great source of asc drops, but if I were to average even half that rate it would be pretty good no?

Pretty sure i've gotten more ascended drops from a few weeks of dailyT4 fractals than from an entire year of playing WvW. But well, i'm mostly roaming and dueling, so my WXP gain is rather low. Still, i doubt WvW is a better source for ascended drops than fractals, so i guess you were just very lucky (and got quite a lot of lvl ups in relative short time. If you are completely new to Wvw the first few ranks require less XP, but it slows down quickly).

In previous years I had gotten quite a few Ascended drops from WvW; mostly rings but also several armor chests as well (and maybe 1-2 weapon chests). However, over the past year I've gotten maybe 3-4 Ascended rings and 1 armor chest. I don't know if that's due to RNG or Anet stomping on the droprate (as they like to do quite often). That being said, I can't imagine anyone actually plays WvW for the rewards. A day spent in PvE will probably yield as many rewards as a month spent in WvW.

I guess they drastically lowered the drop rate with the addition of ascended and legendary wvw gear.

5+ years ago my inventory was overloaded with ascended weapon- and armor chests while these days I get maybe one every 500 hours.But who cares, after 500 hours in wvw you can afford a whole ascended wvw armor with selectable stats from the npc with ease.

@"Tridentuk.1625" said:I was looking at drop rates for fractals and such, all the way up to t4, and they were complaining about "oh it takes weeks to get a weapon box/armor box or useful trinkets to drop"...Meanwhile I've played WvW for basically a full single reward track's worth (half the Orr track I think? and half the warclaw) which is a really short time really.. I've had an ascended pistol drop, ascended heavy armor which I can't use, and 3 asc rings that were kitten but still..

I never hear about WvW being a great source of asc drops, but if I were to average even half that rate it would be pretty good no?

I would say you were exceptionally lucky. If I had to ballpark it, I'd say ascended armor/weapon drops in WvW are more like once every 2 weeks of full diamond participation.

@Tridentuk.1625 said:I've had an ascended pistol drop,The Ascended weapon drops in WvW happen in the form of chests. Pistols do not drop directly.ascended heavy armor which I can't use,Ascended armor drops in wvw happen in the form of chests. These chests offer a choice of weight class.Meanwhile I've played WvW for basically a full single reward track's worth (half the Orr track I think? and half the warclaw) which is a really short time really..Given the lack of facts in your post I think we can comfortably take your claims with a grain of salt.

the ascended box farm in Wvw is absolutely bad. it takes ages to get the first set, gets surely better if ur a routineer largescale player by time. still, overall i got like, if even, 2-3 ascended weapon boxes and roughly one full set of armor from box drops in 3 years Wvw.

last week alone in fractals i go three days in a row one ascended armor piece box lol. (all in tier3)

and the gold income from fractals is like 50 times better, even the gold income in spvp is triple as good or more i'd say.

only "free" ascended are the mistforged triumphant armors, since u can basically buy them for summed up 750 memories of battle and some claim tickets.

the weapon aequivalents are equally expensive as the spvp ones.

... however, i did gear my characters with Wvw. before the bad state of the format lead me to play more pvp and fractals, i played like 2,5 years nearly exclusively Wvw. just need diversity, the format need so many updates that never happened. only unecessary "balancing" happened...

@KrHome.1920 said:I guess they drastically lowered the drop rate with the addition of ascended and legendary wvw gear.

5+ years ago my inventory was overloaded with ascended weapon- and armor chests while these days I get maybe one every 500 hours.But who cares, after 500 hours in wvw you can afford a whole ascended wvw armor with selectable stats from the npc with ease.

Yeah I was getting a lot too back then while people were complaining they didn't get enough.

I think some of it is many of us don't play as much as we used to.

@"Tridentuk.1625" said:I was looking at drop rates for fractals and such, all the way up to t4, and they were complaining about "oh it takes weeks to get a weapon box/armor box or useful trinkets to drop"...Meanwhile I've played WvW for basically a full single reward track's worth (half the Orr track I think? and half the warclaw) which is a really short time really.. I've had an ascended pistol drop, ascended heavy armor which I can't use, and 3 asc rings that were kitten but still..

You must be really lucky.

the one slot ascended rings aren't good for anything than salvaging anyways... it is a hundred times easier to just get one infused slot and enhance one attunded slot onto it manually.

also the precusor drops are only sorta fine if u play very long time. the since-release players have like 4-6 prec drops. i sofar got 1 in 3~ years ol.