Charr Wedding Attire

When you try out the wedding attire outfit for the Charr, it looks completely different than it does on any other race. I found this strange since Charr aren't well known for being in long lasting relationships, and I don't think there's been a single instance of Charr actually having weddings?

So do they have a special outfit for the rare occasions in which they do get married, or was this more a case of "let the Charr have a cool outfit?"

Edit: I have been correctly informed that each race does indeed have a different wedding outfit. My new question would be why this style was chosen for them, since it seems a little different than what they normally wear.

Edit Edit: After taking a better look and reading the comments, it does actually fit them pretty well.

@"ChampionMasquerade.5283" said:So do they have a special outfit for the rare occasions in which they do get married, or was this more a case of "let the Charr have a cool outfit?"

Cool outfit, as I've not seen any Charr talking about martial customs in game yet.

Some Charr probably do get married though, and there are Charr couples peppered around the game to suggest as much. However it's probably not common, and most of them are unnamed NPCs (Some are same sex - the couple timidly visiting the Four Winds Festival comes to mind) since I can't imagine marriage (or any long-term intimacy) is a big deal in such a warband-warcentric society like theirs. The Olmakhan seem more suited to things like intimate bonding and marital ceremonies, but they're quite different from Legion Charr and it'd be nice to see more of what their customs are like.

Legion Charr seem to take mates and bond like any of the other races (Crecia/Rytlock), but those relationships are tamped down a bit by the whole 'bring your kid to fahrar at age 1 and backflip back into the battlefield' practice they've employed since GW1. They get together, they have kids, but their families are more artificial and their relationships with one another are overridden by their loyalty to the Legions.

EDIT: Back to the point of the outfit itself, it's in-line with the Greco-Roman flavor that so many Charr names and locations have. If they did have weddings, this outfit seems like it'd be fitting for their culture.

ee> @AgentMoore.9453 said:

@"ChampionMasquerade.5283" said:So do they have a special outfit for the rare occasions in which they do get married, or was this more a case of "let the Charr have a cool outfit?"

Cool outfit, as I've not seen any Charr talking about martial customs in game yet.

Some Charr probably do get married though, and there are Charr couples peppered around the game to suggest as much. However it's probably not common, and most of them are unnamed NPCs (Some are same sex - the couple timidly visiting the Four Winds Festival comes to mind) since I can't imagine marriage (or any long-term intimacy) is a big deal in such a warband-warcentric society like theirs. The Olmakhan seem more suited to things like intimate bonding and marital ceremonies, but they're quite different from Legion Charr and it'd be nice to see more of what their customs are like.

Legion Charr seem to take mates and bond like any of the other races (Crecia/Rytlock), but those relationships are tamped down a bit by the whole 'bring your kid to fahrar at age 1 and backflip back into the battlefield' practice they've employed since GW1. They get together, they have kids, but their families are more artificial and their relationships with one another are overridden by their loyalty to the Legions.

Makes sense. I wonder if the outfit was meant be Olmakhan in nature then. It does seem to fit their style.

I use the wedding outfit, on all races, as general purpose formal wear. I love that it changes based on your race and that each version is like a fancier version of the clothing you can see NPCs wearing. I don't think any of them are so distinctly associated with weddings that they can't be used for anything else. Even the human versions are somewhat unconventional for a bride and groom.

(Specifically the human versions remind me of the costumes worn by Axl Rose and Stephanie Seymour in the November Rain video. They're not exactly the same, but they're similar enough that to me they're the weirdest versions of the lot.)

The charr one is probably my favourite, because it's so distinctly part of their racial style and so different from anything else in the game.

@"Mortifera.6138" said:Why do charr even have a wedding outfit? Marriage is under holy matrimony, and we all know how charr feel about gods.Where do you get holy matrimony from? It has nothing to do with gods. It's a Christian description of marriage. Are Charr Christians? Does it even exist in Tyria?

Should we expect the Holy Inquisition to come out of an Asura gate and start preaching Christian values?

Pretty sure the scenario would be as follows:Holy Inquisition: "HEATHEN SORCERY!!!"Elementalist: "Duh" casts meteor shower

@Khisanth.2948 said:If you think charr getting married is weird then what about sylvari? They are all siblings...

I have thought about that. Though in their case I'm not sure if they're actually considered family. They do call the Pale Tree mother, but it seems more like a title. (I know the Pale Tree technically birthed them, but they are plants.)

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Mortifera.6138" said:Why do charr even have a wedding outfit? Marriage is under holy matrimony, and we all know how charr feel about gods.Where do you get holy matrimony from? It has nothing to do with gods. It's a Christian description of marriage. Are Charr Christians? Does it even exist in Tyria?

Should we expect the Holy Inquisition to come out of an Asura gate and start preaching Christian values?

Pretty sure the scenario would be as follows:Holy Inquisition: "HEATHEN SORCERY!!!"Elementalist: "Duh"
casts meteor shower

As an Elementalist I think an Overload Air would end that better

@Mortifera.6138 said:Why do charr even have a wedding outfit? Marriage is under holy matrimony, and we all know how charr feel about gods.

Weddings came long before the religious associations with them, and even before legal systems were invented. The practice originates from Ancient Mesopotamia, thousands of years before Christianity or Christian-style marriages even existed.

@"Mortifera.6138" said:Why do charr even have a wedding outfit? Marriage is under holy matrimony, and we all know how charr feel about gods.

This is a fantasy world, where evolution made felines evolve into civilization. Fantasy worlds are different than our — every society is different.Marriage doesn't have to be "under holy matrimony".