How would you feel if Primordus was similar to Zorah Magdaros?

TeeracK.3601

Idk how many of you are monster hunter fans, but in that game one of the elder dragons is Zorah Magdaros and its basically a big giant dragon with a volcano shell on its back.
61XRzqJU4wL._AC_SL1046_.jpg

I can't really imagine Primordus flying around and the great destorier had a turtle like body shape as well as a lot of its minions sort of looking shell like forms with how it shapes the stone, so I'm kind of picturing Primordus are a volcano turtle more and more.

@Randulf.7614 said:The ls3 model had me wondering if they were going with a more salamander style shape. They did hint at retconning the GW1 model by saying that may not have been Primordus so I think it’ll be a unique shape if we see it in full

They also took that back later on when they realized we weren't going to accept that shit.

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:The ls3 model had me wondering if they were going with a more salamander style shape. They did hint at retconning the GW1 model by saying that may not have been Primordus so I think it’ll be a unique shape if we see it in full

They also took that back later on when they realized we weren't going to accept that kitten.

I think after Drakkar they proved they are more then willing to greatly shake up the gw1 appearance of things when it comes to the dragons. The head we saw in S3 already looked a lot different from what we saw in GW1. Plus dragons are clearly able to evolve and change shape as they get more magic so it wouldnt even be an issue lore wise.

@TeeracK.3601 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:The ls3 model had me wondering if they were going with a more salamander style shape. They did hint at retconning the GW1 model by saying that may not have been Primordus so I think it’ll be a unique shape if we see it in full

They also took that back later on when they realized we weren't going to accept that kitten.

I think after Drakkar they proved they are more then willing to greatly shape up the gw1 appearance of things when it comes to the dragons. The head we saw in S3 already looked a lot different from what we saw in GW1. Plus dragons are clearly able to evolve and change shape as they get more magic so it wouldnt even be an issue lore wise.

We (being the lore community) actually argued for this point when they tried to go with the "Statue wasn't really Primordus" BS, as well as pointing out that previous statements in Lore and from Anet had already confirmed that the Statue was Primordus. You could probably find the old threads showing this.

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:The ls3 model had me wondering if they were going with a more salamander style shape. They did hint at retconning the GW1 model by saying that may not have been Primordus so I think it’ll be a unique shape if we see it in full

I think after Drakkar they proved they are more then willing to greatly shape up the gw1 appearance of things when it comes to the dragons. The head we saw in S3 already looked a lot different from what we saw in GW1. Plus dragons are clearly able to evolve and change shape as they get more magic so it wouldnt even be an issue lore wise.

We (being the lore community) actually argued for this point when they tried to go with the "Statue wasn't really Primordus" BS, as well as pointing out that previous statements in Lore and from Anet had already confirmed that the Statue was Primordus. You could probably find the old threads showing this.

Things from guild wars 1 doesn't translate over to guild wars 2 100% all the time so I don't doubt that thread exist, but I don't see how it really matters when they change the designs between games all the time. Just compare Zaitain's in game model to his cinematic model is insanely different and thats in the same game.

@TeeracK.3601 said:

Things from guild wars 1 doesn't translate over to guild wars 2 100% all the time so I don't doubt that thread exist, but I don't see how it really matters when they change the designs between games all the time.

That's not what I'm.....G_d dam it. I'm saying we wanted the Statue to LORE wise to still be Primordus, we argued FOR Elder Dragons being able to change shape in order for the current design and the old design to still represent the same being. I've been around a while, I'm well aware that there was, for both better and for worse, a shift in art style between the to games.

• 2 weeks later...

We've only seen Primordus in Lw3 so far and just his head but from artwork etc as well the design concept of him in Gw2 he seems to be quite Crocodilian like.Considering that it's now been confirmed that Primordus is Jormag's twin I imagine Primordus to be similar in design to Jormag as well.

So when I think of Primordus and try to imagine what he will look like I tend to think of a giant Lindwurm Dragon with a Crocodile like head.To give a visual example.. stick Primordus's head onto this artwork example I found online.. and then imagine it all Destroyer themed and you'll get a general idea of what I expect Primordus will look like when he has a full body model in Gw2.sXIJEM2.jpg

The main 2 things about Primordus that causes a bit of discussion amongst fans is his size and his drastic change from how he looked back in Gw1.I actually have a theory explanation that I have suggested in the past that would be a cool solution to these issues.

The Primordus we see in LW3 both is and isn't actually Primordus.What we saw.. the giant crocadilian like head is actually a giant Destroyer that Primordus.. the same Primordus design that we saw in Gw1 has constructed around himself like a giant living suit of armour and the real Primordus is inside this giant destroyer fused into it with those unusual tendrils he had growing out of him back in Gw1.

I expect that given Primordus is able to construct his minions out of nothing but rock and lava this would definitely be something he is capable of doing to both protect himself and enhance his ability to tunnel through the world.If this is how Primordus is really designed then Jormag and Primordus could be very close in actual size but we could still have the massive Primordus armour construct deceiving us that he is ridiculously bigger than anything we've seen in Gw2.It could also set up a great twist where we defeat "Primordus" only to then get the Surprise nope! moment when we realise we havent killed the real Primordus.. only broken his armour and severely kittened him off instead.

If Anet went with something like this for Primrodus then it negates the design change and the size difference between Gw1 and Gw2 and both designs of Primordus could be used to make a pretty epic battle with him when we fight him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...