Any possibility you can change policy for multiboxing in WvW/EOTM

TallBarr.2184

Hello

I have multiboxed for multiple years now and something that has bothered me ever since the policy change to multiboxing (not allowing it in competitive modes) is that i am totally locked out of content i would be perfectly capable of playing in, put actual value to my server and enjoy.

I get it... "real" world vs world has a limited amount of spots, having multiple accounts logged in can skew the population values. Yes.... there could be specific character comps that would be pretty degenerate and annoying to encounter as an enemy. But there are still positives and negatives. A multiboxer can never manouvre his accounts as fast as someone who plays single account, a multiboxer would not have the upper hand on open field and would get easily shut down by an enemy player.

I WvW is not all about fighting enemies, face to face, even if some people like to think so. There are alot of player vs enviroment elements in WvW, such as taking structures, scouting, etc.

I can do tier 4 fractals, DRM CMs, strike missions any open world event with my accounts but trying to flip structures in WvW is a big nono. I get it that multiboxers generally have a bad reputation of afking or leeching but some of us actually want to play the game actively.

Some of you will say "just play on 1 account" thats fair but multiboxing to me is something that keeps me interested in the game, and makes the game alot more enjoyable. Multiboxing in itself is challenging if you do harder content and its not super easy to manouvre. The idea of trying to take a tower knowing that at any time enemy can show up and mess things up is exciting. People who try solo towers solo doesnt do it because its the easiest way to flip towers, they do it because its challenging for them (i would assume).

Some of you would say "you just want extra rewards" personally i would gladly literally destroy thousand of gold if this policy changed. Yes there are items in WvW i need. I am trying to get the legendary ring on all my accounts, if i did them seperately it would take about 44 months if i maxed out tickets every week, vs about 7 weeks if i did them at once. But i am not doing this for gold.

Here are some of my propositions how to change the multiboxing policy in World vs World:

• Accounts must be played actively, no sitting at spawn like a monkey
  • Accounts must be on the same server. I know there are still monkeys who do this, they go to enemy server and scout for the opposing team or sabotages in general.
  • Multiboxing not allowed in maps that are queued. Maps full? well tough luck try again later.
  • Must be responsive

EDGE OF THE MISTS

EOTM is literally the most dead gamemode in the game, you can run around the map and not see a single player. Here is a video of a matchup were literally 4 structures has been captured in 234 minutes https://streamable.com/2lysfi

Not allowing multiboxing in EOTM makes literally no sense to me. 99% of the time there are nothing but npcs in there, why am i not allowed to try flip a tower for daily or kill some veteran guards it doesnt affect anyone negatively.

Lastly, PVP and WVW should not be having the same policy, they are different gamemodes entirely. WVW is huge maps with alot of pve elements and you can actually be useful in there. There is no way a 2 man multibox in ranked or a 5 man multibox in tournament could ever have a chance vs other players. Multiboxing in pvp was and is a gold farm and it made perfectly sense why its not allowed in there. Have you ever seen a 5 man multibox in ATs actually try win the game? no, they sit in spawn, or log off all accounts but 1.

@Voltekka.2375 said:Eotm has no pips, no skirmish tickets, so no leggy ring.Imagine 10 multiboxers with 8 accounts each in a single bl. Ruins the fun for 72 other people, who cant even join that bl.Its a no from me.

Imagine 100 multiboxers with 800 accounts, your argument is extreme because the likelihood of that even happening is about zero. If you read the post one of the new policy points would be accounts must be played actively. I'm not sure but knowing how most multiboxers play i would say sitting afk with necros doesnt cut it. I'm on a full server and even on primetime not all servers are full and 1 of the policy points i suggested would be not allowing multiboxing if the border is queued.

I know that eotm doesnt reward pips, but i stated that you could do some of the dailies there.

@TallBarr.2184 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Eotm has no pips, no skirmish tickets, so no leggy ring.Imagine 10 multiboxers with 8 accounts each in a single bl. Ruins the fun for 72 other people, who cant even join that bl.Its a no from me.

Imagine 100 multiboxers with 800 accounts, your argument is extreme because the likelihood of that even happening is about zero. If you read the post one of the new policy points would be accounts must be played actively. I'm not sure but knowing how most multiboxers play i would say sitting afk with necros doesnt cut it. I'm on a full server and even on primetime not all servers are full and 1 of the policy points i suggested would be not allowing multiboxing if the border is queued.

I know that eotm doesnt reward pips, but i stated that you could do some of the dailies there.

All i am saying is that people will abuse it. Some say some still do it even to this day.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

All i am saying is that people will abuse it. Some say some still do it even to this day.

People will always break rules no matter the context. If people breach it they should get banned simple as that. My point is the current policy of flat out "NOT ALLOWED AT ALL" is not good. People who afk or do whatever will continue to do so whatever the policy would be, changing it would just allow legitimate players to activate. It would not affect people who abuse because they already do it.

@TallBarr.2184 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:a couple of people with dozens of multi boxed accounts could q a map and do nothing, not only preventing real players from playing but preventing any progress for the server.

If you had read the post one of the policy changes i suggested was not allowing multiboxing on queued maps

That sounds great. But then again it doesn’t.

• How does the system know that you have a ‘multi boxed’ account open when the map queues?
  • Would you have to register your accounts as ‘linked’ to prevent them from being involved in the same matchup?
  • Or the same map?
  • Where are the preventative measures to prevent the potential abuse?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:a couple of people with dozens of multi boxed accounts could q a map and do nothing, not only preventing real players from playing but preventing any progress for the server.

If you had read the post one of the policy changes i suggested was not allowing multiboxing on queued maps

• How does the system know that you have a ‘multi boxed’ account open when the map queues?
  • Would you have to register your accounts as ‘linked’ to prevent them from being involved in the same matchup?
  • Or the same map?

Dont question it.

Obviously there is a huge difference berween responsible abusers and regular abusers.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

• Or the same map?

Dont question it.

Obviously there is a
huge
difference berween
responsible abusers
and
regular abusers

You are correct. puts blinders back on

openbg

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

• Or the same map?

-

Where are the preventative measures to prevent the potential abuse?I would assume that is support? that handles and investigates any reports

How does the system know that you have a ‘multi boxed’ account open when the map queues?

People record and report multiboxers/botters in open world, i'm sure there will be people that does it in world vs world if thats the case. I dont know and neither do you what tools Anet have to see if people are multiboxing or not.

Would you have to register your accounts as ‘linked’ to prevent them from being involved in the same matchup?

Not sure what you are asking, accounts would have to be on the same server. Nothing i have proposed suggests that being on different servers would be okay. If they cant already track it i dont think they ever would be able to. Unless they are investigating a specific account and see that the accounts are on different servers and in wvw at the same time.

Just because there are rules doesnt mean some people wont break them. I could go in game now and say the gamer word, the likeliness of me not getting banned is small, but the likeliness fo me getting banned is high. Just like with all policies the risk of me getting banned is higher if i breach them. Its illegal to steal, people still steal things.

Ah yes, let's ruin the gameplay integrity of a game mode and queue other people out of their map's content so people can get their legendaries faster on multiple accounts.

No. Legendaries aren't meant to be grinded out, and this would be like if ANet added map queues to PvE zones instead of creating instances megaservers. It actively denies people content that they want to play.

The game mode is also team-based PvP and I know for a fact trying to fight in PvP boxed up means the per-character skill is extremely low making you actually a downright liability due to PPK if someone or some people engage to fight or stop a cap. Because honestly, you're going to die on a lot of those characters very easily.

Honestly I think it's dumb ANet put the GoB into the game as a requirement for legendaries because it gets so many people bringing PvE ideology into the competitive modes. They should have just let WvW players actually get the legendaries rather than sitting on an endless dump supply of GoB and no collections/pres/gold/loot to actually afford to unlock them.

@TallBarr.2184 said:

• Or the same map?

-

Where are the preventative measures to prevent the potential abuse?I would assume that is support? that handles and investigates any reports

How does the system know that you have a ‘multi boxed’ account open when the map queues?

People record and report multiboxers/botters in open world, i'm sure there will be people that does it in world vs world if thats the case. I dont know and neither do you what tools Anet have to see if people are multiboxing or not.

Would you have to register your accounts as ‘linked’ to prevent them from being involved in the same matchup?

Not sure what you are asking,
accounts would have to be on the same server.
Nothing i have proposed suggests that being on different servers would be okay. If they cant already track it i dont think they ever would be able to. Unless they are investigating a specific account and see that the accounts are on different servers and in wvw at the same time.

How would they know, and how could you be prevented from having them on a matched server..

You offer no controls.

Of course, a developer could check.. yes.. from reports.

But nothing identifies you or the account as a multiboxer for people.

Sooo many things are ‘at your word’ for this game. I get it.

But that doesn’t mean we have to say it’s fine nor that it’s OK by Anet in these modes.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

• Or the same map?

-

Nothing i have proposed suggests that being on different servers would be okay. If they cant already track it i dont think they ever would be able to. Unless they are investigating a specific account and see that the accounts are on different servers and in wvw at the same time.

How would they know, and how could you be prevented from having them on a matched server..

You offer no controls.

But that doesn’t mean we have to say it’s fine nor that it’s OK by Anet in these modes.

Can i put accounts on different servers now? - yesWould i be in trouble if anet found out - yes

Policy i suggested:

Can i put accounts on different servers now? - yesWould i be in trouble if anet found out - yes

What identifies a multiboxer in openworld? multiboxing is allowed in openworld, same rules would apply there as in wvw.

@TallBarr.2184 said:

• Or the same map?

-

You offer no controls.

Policy i suggested:

What identifies a multiboxer in openworld? multiboxing is allowed in openworld, same rules would apply there as in wvw.

Big difference is: you want to make it Easier.

Again, WvW has little left in the area of legitimacy. Don’t take the remnants.

There is NO scenario that you can convince me that would be ‘harmless’.

You didn’t respond to my earlier post saying:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:So, to support your search for legendary items on multiple accounts, you want to establish the process to legitimately allow people to manipulate matchups, potentially create kill trading ease, And / or shred any remaining speck of legitimacy of WvW?

That kind of sum it up?

It’s a hard no from me.