Best NA Server for WvW PUGs?

Lord Meowalot.3690

@LonePanda.9283 said:Chaba nowadays I think it's just IV and CL for fight focused guilds. Every couple months or so TIE will fire up for about a month or two before retiring again. Most of Maguuma exists as a pug cloud or little roaming groups like KRAB and BURN. That being said, it's still the most fun I've had in gw2 because it's no pressure, plenty of action, reliable teammates and amusing teamchat.

Ah, I see. Those guilds have their rallies earlier than I play too. Thanks for the info.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@"Chaba.5410" said:

In the past it was guilds I remember like VR on Mag that were actually fights oriented. They didn't hang out constantly in EBG hugging SMC

Hey, next week when you're in t4 I'm sure you'll have a castle of your own to hug.DR isn't much of a link we had them last time.

Not me personally since I don't really play much in EBG (or play at all outside of TLC rallies these days). Yea it happens, but not everyone participates in that style. IMHO best fights are when SMC (or any keeps) is paper. Gotta hand it to Mag though, I'm reminded of old meme cartoons characterizing each server and Mag's was and still is the pug cloud in EBG. Come a long way from being "Turtleguuma" sieging up NNC.

I was doing dailies on my mag alt running a power druid build from 2014 the other night, joined in on a 10v10(ish) against some FA pugs just for the heck of it between SMC and Lowlands Keep. I got downed in the enemy group at one point, and two mag players (an engi and a thief repping different guilds) came in, blasted like 15s of stealth on my downed body, revived me, then fucked off. 50% of FA militia don't even know how to revive a downed ally, let alone blast a stealth field. Second worst pugs in the game, beat out only by dragonbrand.

Mag players are absolute cancer to interact with at times, I wouldn't want to live with them, but they care about their kdr and will make absolute certain you won't ruin it for them. And if you do, you (or whichever mag's link server is at the time, at this moment nsppt) will be cussed out for it in team chat.

~ Kovu

@Kovu.7560 said:I was doing dailies on my mag alt running a power druid build from 2014 the other night, joined in on a 10v10(ish) against some FA pugs just for the heck of it between SMC and Lowlands Keep. I got downed in the enemy group at one point, and two mag players (an engi and a thief repping different guilds) came in, blasted like 15s of stealth on my downed body, revived me, then kitten off. 50% of FA militia don't even know how to revive a downed ally, let alone blast a stealth field. Second worst pugs in the game, beat out only by dragonbrand.

Mag players are absolute cancer to interact with at times, I wouldn't want to live with them, but they care about their kdr and will make absolute certain you won't ruin it for them. And if you do, you (or whichever mag's link server is at the time, at this moment nsppt) will be cussed out for it in team chat.

~ Kovu

Accurate.

Mag has its share of bad players, as does any, but pugs are generally good. Having experience on just about every NA server and various EU, there is a noticeable difference between Mag and most others.People who hate it/call it garbage do so because it's not fun to fight them. I know because I used to hate Mag with a passion until I first moved to it 4(ish) years ago because I figured what's the best place to be if I don't want to fight them? And I've called it my home ever since, although I take vacations every now and then.

Most times people will revive you pretty quick, work with randoms using combo fields, or co-operate for bursts, and know well enough how to read a zerg to drop bombs without needing it called. You can depend on people to know what they're doing and that's not something you can say about most servers. Mind you, the quality take a sharp turn in the early AM EST. I don't know what it is about that time zone but Mag pugs are suddenly awful around then.

tldr;Mag pugs are mostly good and know how to co-operate with each other without needing to communicate, which is uncommon for most servers.No one likes to fight them because they swarm very quickly (AKA gank), and trolls are innumerable.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

I don't really play much in EBG

Then how do you know what's going on in there? O.o

Are you suggesting that Mag plays any different in EBG from any other time in the past?

Dunno.Only been here for 3 or so years.

?

JQ-SoR-BG-FA-TC-FA-SBI-Mag

Heck I didn't even know magumma was a server until links started, when was that? I can't remember -_-

I’ve been playing on mag am est time for a long time 7 years or so.

It has its ups and downs. From zero people to a few. We used to have a bunch of guilds run them sea/ocx hours, but ppt guilds and pvx guilds that don’t really fight well get trolled hard by the late night Na pm guys that sometimes don’t sleep. So they xfer off.

It’s been happening for years. It still happens from time to time.

So what we have left is a revolving morning crew that’s either new or just learning enough to still be bad.

Being a mag off hours player all these years made me a better player. Most people that play those hours on mag will quit or xfer before they get good sadly.

Obs

• 8 months later...

How come no one talks about BG? How great they are? How awesome their Pugmanders are? If you want PPT, we got it, if you want PPK we got it, if you want to hit and run we got it, if you want fights, we got it, if you want to be bagged and get bags, we got it, if you want to steamroll or be steamrolled, we got it, if you want fair fights, we sometimes got it, if you want toxicity, we got it, if you want to be part of the bandwagons,  we got it, if you want toxicity, we also got that too. BG has everything the OP wants and need. Come join the BlobGate.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Kev.3729 said:

How come no one talks about BG? How great they are? How awesome their Pugmanders are? If you want PPT, we got it, if you want PPK we got it, if you want to hit and run we got it, if you want fights, we got it, if you want to be bagged and get bags, we got it, if you want to steamroll or be steamrolled, we got it, if you want fair fights, we sometimes got it, if you want toxicity, we got it, if you want to be part of the bandwagons,  we got it, if you want toxicity, we also got that too. BG has everything the OP wants and need. Come join the BlobGate.

There is…..  a lot of truth in this… 

🤦‍♂️🤣🙄

On 1/23/2021 at 2:00 AM, PrinceValentine.9320 said:

That ele guy is great to fight with too.. hard to keep up with sometimes heh

I think it's a she. She's really good in commanding pugs. i haven't seen her lose her cool, very patient towards her pugs. if a fight is lost, she makes sure her pugs don't lose morale and gives pointers on how to do better next time, very good on strategizing the movement of the squad from one map to another. well respected on the server. i love playing my firebrand when i am on her squad. Tbh, i prefer to be in her squad rather than to be on other organized squads on discord with their commanders yelling and cursing like it's everyone's fault but him when a fight is lost.

PS. I don't get it why people are still commanding on Chronos and demand this and that and when they get focused, they scream like a madman not expecting to get downed on such a class that has very poor cleansing and stability.

in really its "he", but most his characters are female btw.