About the lvl 80 boost...

Hello everyone,

I finish the game at 100% at his release. I had the 100% exploration with my main warrior (i only play 1 class, but have tried 4 class to lvl 80). Fractal was not out when i finish and stop playing the game.

From the years, i lost my e-mail account and so my guild wars 2 and 1 account.

I just bought back the game with the dlc.

I am gonna unlock the 100% exploration again, but the problem is that i already restart 5 time to test all class and by the time i finish the 100% on the 1st map, i'm lvl 13. If i go to the next map, i start fighting some mob who are lvl 15-17 so it's annoying.

Do you think is it worth it to unlock a character to lvl 80 with the boost and start the game from the beginning with a lvl 80?

There are 5 L2-15 maps and the Personal Story you can use to level your character(s). https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zone#Original_release_zonesI would advise leveling a character normally before resorting to using the L80 Boost, and taking advantage of the Level-up tutorial and rewards.Of course, it's your choice.

Welcome return, and good luck.

the boost is ok. but spends all your points and gives an ok set of gear.

personaly after hitting 80 on engi and having spent all my points already, i found having to hunt hero challenges to level a mastery slow, but now im leveling a Mesmer and rather than jumping to 80, im saving points after getting stuff i needed to level. so when i hit 80 i can put all my points in mastery line and make the hunting in expansion areas more fun.

also jumping to 80 is likely to be painfull, as geer you get realy dont weigh up against the new level of hot or pof mobs. its great though, first game ive player where pve got harder after 80 :)

you can actualy use the boost and it gives you a trial of being 80 to see if like what boost gives.

gives you the armout and geer, lev 80 all skills filled (not mastery) and lets you run around the lev 80 intro area, which will show you how mobs got harder/smarter

then if you try to leave area it asks you if you wish to stay 80 or return to original level

Since you are already experienced with the game I would say it's just how much you like lvling and exploring and how fast you wan't to hop into other lvl 80 stuff.You already did 100% explore once, maybe there are other stuff that interests you, there are a lot of new expansion maps which are cool. You can also unlock mounts on day 1 which will make exploration much much faster if that is something you would want.Just want to say that the game has a lot more to offer nowadays so it would be a shame you bought it again, played the same content again and quit before you actually play the new stuff.

Thanks all for your input.

I use my boost lol. I use it on a mesmer because it's the class that i wanted to try back in the day but never did.

The problem now is the elite spec lvl 80. For a new player it's dumb. Like i saw i can play bow with a revenant, i try one and never could equip bow because you can't before lvl 80. How the hell did i know if i would love to play bow with a revenant before level 80?

That's why i use my boost and i will stick with my mesmer.

Thanks everyone

Brenda and Sindrela - Hero Challenges in the expansion maps are 10 points each, so unlocking one of the Elite Specializations will only take you a couple hours once you have basic gliding and/or the raptor mount, IF you get into hero point train. I see those regularly in Verdant Brink and Auric Basin. I also ran a new guildie through getting his unlocked - and it was just the two of us. It took two evenings, but that was because of a limit on how much time he could be in the game that week, and it still took us only two or three hours (we did get sidetracked by a couple meta events...).

Also, Brenda, if you still remember your old e-mail address, you can try talking to customer support and see if they can help you get back into your account. I haven't had that problem, but others have said that they were helped even though an old e-mail was no longer available. It can't hurt anything to try!

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:Brenda and Sindrela - Hero Challenges in the expansion maps are 10 points each, so unlocking one of the Elite Specializations will only take you a couple hours once you have basic gliding and/or the raptor mount, IF you get into hero point train. I see those regularly in Verdant Brink and Auric Basin. I also ran a new guildie through getting his unlocked - and it was just the two of us. It took two evenings, but that was because of a limit on how much time he could be in the game that week, and it still took us only two or three hours (we did get sidetracked by a couple meta events...).

Also, Brenda, if you still remember your old e-mail address, you can try talking to customer support and see if they can help you get back into your account. I haven't had that problem, but others have said that they were helped even though an old e-mail was no longer available. It can't hurt anything to try!

Thanks for your respond. I did try to have back my account some years gao and cant because you'll need your e-mail OR your activation code for GW2. And my activation code was in my e-mail :tired_face:

That's okay though, i use my boost on a mesmer, i unlock every map and i will unlock the 100% exploration again. There are so much to do in here.

Edit : I did find back the name of my account, i resend a ticket, we'll see if they can give it me back.