Battle Standard has a game breaking bug.

Shao.7236

I've heard about this but haven't seen it in-game yet. Is it a bug or some kind of hack?

If this is a bug, this is the worst game breaking bug we've ever seen. If this isn't fixed soon, the knowledge of how to do it will eventually spread and it will ruin every competitive game mode completely.

This is beyond hot-fix worthy. This is the equivalent of the game actually "breaking" to where the modes are no longer playable. Even in pve, how do you wipe in a raid if you had 2x Wars doing this?

@Dawdler.8521 said:You can avoid the bug by pressing F on the downed.

Few people seem to be aware of this.

its like doing the stomp on downed body to rez it, exept from long range, while moving, with ability to kite during it and ability to do it before someone gets downed :)so logically, if you are able to stomp, then its 5x easier to banner rez since you know, faster cast, kiting, pre-cast, long range etc.

Most def a hack. Battle Standart compensates for the rez/finisher by having that whooping 170 sec cd even if you pick it immediately. I see one warrior in the enemy team and hardly any time passes since they utilized their elite.

Does the banner need to be nerfed? Not really. You get plenty of options to deal with the warrior. the casting animation is very visible and you can cc them while they at it. Poison can still make downed foes impossible to rez, since the banner won't heal them enough.

Back to the original point, in a single fight I encountered a warrior who switched from Battle Standard to rez, to Rampage to 1v1. So eh...

P.S. It would be sad to see a nerf in the only banner used in competetive. Keep in mind range plays a role too. Of course I'm a warrior main, but you also gotta expect enemy warriors who play support to run Battle Standart. Granted in this instance I woulnd't see that coming, but again there is a counter to this. Anet simply needs to deal with hackers.

@Shao.7236 said:@Dawdler.8521 So where is my infinite stability on demand? Bad bait.

@Grand Marshal.4098 There's no such thing as cooldown hacks, claiming as such brings forth way bigger problems than you think, this is clearly an exploited flaw in the rework of the banner that needs to be fixed. Nobody is asking for a nerf.

Well it hasn't happened to me tbh. And I main warrior. I'll give it a go to once again see if I missed something.

I don't hack so I wouldn't know, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of such a hack being a thing actually. I digress though.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:You can avoid the bug by pressing F on the downed.Few people seem to be aware of this.

Casting a banner is faster than doing a finisher. You seem to not be aware of this.But then the finisher must be horribly OP if you can do it 80 or so times within the cooldown of the banner?

must really suck considering the bugs in this game...oh well :/ how does it feel to have things not work for you effectively or not intentionally? spit

@Shao.7236 said:@Dawdler.8521 So where is my infinite stability on demand? Bad bait.

@Grand Marshal.4098 There's no such thing as cooldown hacks, claiming as such brings forth way bigger problems than you think, this is clearly an exploited flaw in the rework of the banner that needs to be fixed. Nobody is asking for a nerf.

There are definitely CD hacks or some way to bug CDs so they are waaaaay lower than they should be.

One of the last times I had ragequit this game and vanished for a month, it was due to a DH who had a Dragon's Maw that was on roughly a 10s CD. His other traps were also being cast consistently with seemingly no CD at all, as well as his SOJ never ended. This guy was spamming SOJ like throwing nade autos. I'm not the only person who could tell you this story. I was in the TKL discord with like 8 other people, 4 of them being partied with me who were also seeing the same thing in that match. Then to make it worse, of course he had Rune Of Trapper which allowed him to stay stealthed permanently as he ran around with these no CD traps.

So I dunno what's going on there, but the lowering of CDs is definitely a thing that's happening. I have also witnessed a couple of other occasions where it was questionable if someone had some kind of bugged CD on a skill or some kind of hack to lower CDs or maybe reset them when they push some hotkey, but they were situations where IF that was happening, the players were wise to be sneaky and kind of hide it well so I can't really prove anything. But that DH on that one day was blatantly definitely playing with some kind of bugged or hacked CDs.