[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Templates... Its anoying to change and that change is already saved. A lot of things pass through my mind in how we can improve, and I could draw that... Maybe is a good idea. But I think thats not the right moment, so I just want to ask one little thing: create an option to choose if you want to save automatically or not; after that, a little button to SAVE template changes; like dyes and transmutations. To me, and a lot of friends that I discussed about, that can be a provisory solution.

In all my experiences, I would suggest a more "advanced" thing as a provisory solution: create an LOCK button too. That can avoid we change our build unintentionally. However, with a SAVE button, we can just discarge any change.

That change would be amazing, but I think some people like the way they are so... An option to activate that should be better. That change would be better for equipment, but can improve build template too.

One of the things that originally attracted me to GW2 was the simplified skill bar, this after having played other MMOs including WoW, where I had the maximum number of toolbars up so I could map every consumable and skill on the interface, but all that really did was slow reaction times down. After leaving WoW and then trying to return to it a few years later, having to relearn each skill or consumable icon was daunting, so I left for good.

Sure, maybe one or two extra slots for a consumable item of your choice, but they really should be looking at a way to allow you to set your food and utility consumables to "auto-consume" when it is time, just like you can set auto-attack for a certain skill.

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Infusion.7149" said:It's because they were not intended to replace CC skills. That was what was mentioned in their "guild chat" stream at least.

Its not just the cc skills, its also weapons and consumables that are usefull.

You can't change weapons once you're in combat as far as equipping. That's also counter to what the gemstore is for with respect to templates, Utility & Metabolic Primers and such. If you need a button for something that you need to use every 30 minutes to one hour I don't know what to say.

@Infusion.7149 said:

@Infusion.7149 said:It's because they were not intended to replace CC skills. That was what was mentioned in their "guild chat" stream at least.

Its not just the cc skills, its also weapons and consumables that are usefull.

You can't change weapons once you're in combat as far as equipping. That's also counter to what the gemstore is for with respect to templates, Utility & Metabolic Primers and such. If you need a button for something that you need to use every 30 minutes to one hour I don't know what to say.

Making a template just to swap back a forth on a weapon is a waste and simply having an extra bar of buttons to bind that action on is way more convenient.

The ppl that would want an extra action bar to bind foods, items and consumables would also bind weapons there for small boosts to whatever they are doing (like swapping to focus on mesmer for a quick speed boost before a tricky jump or between all weapons an ele would swap to build might).

How about some minis of the supporting characters from the core game story? We have tons of minis of characters from Path of Fire that I have no clue who those people are, but no minis of:Amaranda the Lonesome, Malyck, Tegwen, Carys, Agent Zrii, Galina Edgecrusher, Snarl Backdraft, Teyo, Kudu, Professor Gorr, Smodor the Unflinching, Alastia Crow, Knut Whitebear, Beigarth, Occam, Laranthir, Ogden, Renvari, Tiachren, Yvelta, Elli. Steward Gixx, Riel Darkwater, Warmaster Efut, Eye of Zhaitan, Mouth of Zhaitan, The Shatterer. The Claw of Jormag, (Im sure there are others that I missed)

And onthe chair front, how about just a regular ol Lazy Boy leather recliner and some beach chairs?

@Abraxxus.8971 said:How about some minis of the supporting characters from the core game story? We have tons of minis of characters from Path of Fire that I have no clue who those people are, but no minis of:Amaranda the Lonesome, Malyck, Tegwen, Carys, Agent Zrii, Galina Edgecrusher, Snarl Backdraft, Teyo, Kudu, Professor Gorr, Smodor the Unflinching, Alastia Crow, Knut Whitebear, Beigarth, Occam, Laranthir, Ogden, Renvari, Tiachren, Yvelta, Elli. Steward Gixx, Riel Darkwater, Warmaster Efut, Eye of Zhaitan, Mouth of Zhaitan, The Shatterer. The Claw of Jormag, (Im sure there are others that I missed)

And onthe chair front, how about just a regular ol Lazy Boy leather recliner and some beach chairs?

Totally agree for the minis! I don't think there is a mini agent batanga or mini teyo and I would enjoy to have those.

Change World Completion (Gift of Exploration x2) to any total 303 hearts, 486 WP’s, 652 PoI’s, 189 HP’s, and 226 Vistas (regardless of chapter/expansion, LWS, IBS, etc.). This would allow characters to make GoE progress from any open world PVE map in the game instead of being restricted to core Tyria. Working on GoE's is probably the biggest repeatable solo content for characters to do, but since it is limited only to core Tyria maps, it can feel very restrictive and repetitive (all core Tyria maps feel the same). Allowing characters to play more maps in the game for GoE's would open up more solo contents to do. Too many level 80 maps have very little solo contents (HoT maps, Dragonfall, Drizzlewood, etc.), or are only worth doing once per account for a collection/achievement. Not only that, some of us veterans want to use more brain power than just face rolling our way through core Tyria, which is often just too easy to be engaging.

Also, let the Gift of Mastery, Gift of Maguuma Mastery, and Gift of Desert Mastery be interchangeable for all legendary weapons (it's weirdly inconsistent right now since only some legendaries have interchangeable GoM's).

Hi.,I feel we could use a Taimi studio themed Training Facility, a spaced theme, or a Rata Sum insipired high tech high gravity / tensity training room. Where a waypoint could be placed in. And of course it can link to Rata Sum or any place the story deems fit.

Facility has to include,

• Different level of bots for equipment or skills practise
  • Bot allies for heals training
  • Army of bots for AOE training
  • Waypoint for fast travel

Etc etc.. The current one at Hall of Memories is ok but lacked a spot for heals training, and really could do with a WP directly on it.

It probably could give our toons a scan so we need not have to download the ARCdps which slows down framesrate per second.

Grandmaster Marks - Add vendor tabs in PVP and WvW that allow players to trade marks of one armor weight for another.

I was on the PvP grind and selected the medium armor marks from the league chests. Now I want to make WvW heavy armor but cannot utilize the 3 medium armor marks I gained from PvP.

Oh wait! He's hidden behind that wall of tool-tips that I can't disable!!! =)

But kidding apart guys, my wishes for the New Lunar year of the Ox would be to have an option to disable the mouse-over tool-tips on the skill bar. Those tool-tips, once you know your build, are just annoying and immersion breaking. And if there a special mission skill I need to read the description, I would just go check or uncheck the box to read it and then disable it again to continue. This option I'm talking about is available in Guild Wars 1.

Seeing this in GW2 would make my year for sure! :3

Thanks everybody!!! =)

Ah, you must be a skill-clicker, yeah? I imagine they thought most people would use their keyboard both for directional movement and for skill use, but clearly that's not the case for everyone.

Tooltips don't really bother me (and are vital when you get a new buff or action skill whose instructions for use are included in said tip), but I can see why having a show/hide toggle in the settings might be useful.

The UI could do with a number of refinements and customization options, and this one seems fairly reasonable from a QoL standpoint.

Not sure if this thread is still checked, but there's a QoL thing I've been desiring for a good while now:

Allow players to consume skins and transform them into a transmutation charge rather than apply them to an armor.

This would serve the intended purpose of the skin allowing one free application AND give purpose to the extra skins that come from armor bundles. So if someone buys an Aetherblade armor pack and doesn't care for the mantle, they can still get some value out of that mantle skin by consuming it and using that charge to transmute something else. Or if you wanted to apply different parts of the armor set to different characters, this process would make it easier than shuffling the skins to shared inventory or bank space. It also lets the player decide later if they want to use the skin on one character or another without taking up valuable inventory space.

If making each skin = 1 charge is overkill, perhaps bring back those old transmutation shards that can be combined to make charges (like how BL ticket scraps are combined to make a full ticket.)

And ofc it probably should not apply to skins sold by vendors (that would be a bit broken).

I say this as someone who already has more than enough transmutation charges but still feels a little twinge of pain at deleting a skin I'm not planning to use yet (not a big fan of things going to waste.)

Okay. Pay attention everyone!

1. Countess Anise's Full Proper outfit.
  2. Exemplar Attire Corset as a standalone armor piece.
  3. Noble dress worn by many human female npcs (The one you have as a background for mesmer Domination traitline).
  4. Long, loose hairstyle for every race. (This is very much QoL for me.)

This probably has been suggested before. But I would like to suggest a open inventory slot. So just a single slot (maybe 2) which stays open with a key. Since consumables, and or the portal device, require you to open the inventory, maybe we could get something like the shared inventory slot, which you can keep open without opening the whole inventory.

Assume it means an outfit you've put together, dyed, and would like to save without having to re-do it if you switch attire. Basically like a saved template for fashion. I like the idea, would be handy for when you want to change it up, but also would like to save a particular look for another day.

As much as I like this idea, I don't think they're gonna do it.

They have equipment templates that function as 'costume' slots, and they're already monetized. It's a clunky system, and in my opinion not the best way to implement saved looks, but to go any further on the FashionWars front, they'd have to completely rework the wardrobe system to devise another way of storing dyes/certain armor combinations.

The last time they made such a gargantuan effort was when they implemented the wardrobe system in the first place, so while it's not impossible that they might do it again, it just seems unlikely.

@"AgentMoore.9453" said:As much as I like this idea, I don't think they're gonna do it.

They have equipment templates that function as 'costume' slots, and they're already monetized. It's a clunky system, and in my opinion not the best way to implement saved looks, but to go any further on the FashionWars front, they'd have to completely rework the wardrobe system to devise another way of storing dyes/certain armor combinations.

Valid point, I use them for pve, wvw, etc...they would work for a closet. Clunky is a great word for it. Sadly, no they likely would not bring in such a feature due to the monetary aspect that already exists.

Lol still would be fun ?