Fractals dps easy rotation

zethra.8491

Hey all,I’m trying to make a dps toon for for T4 pugs ( no CM ) with easy rotation with good enough dps output.

some other forum threads mentioned some Soulbeast build rotation is one of easiest,..but when I read on both metabattle and discretize, it doesn’t seem easy/ simple.

Any suggestions ? build/gear you can share ?

Thanks !

@zethra.8491 said:Hey all,I’m trying to make a dps toon for for T4 pugs ( no CM ) with easy rotation with good enough dps output.

some other forum threads mentioned some Soulbeast build rotation is one of easiest,..but when I read on both metabattle and discretize, it doesn’t seem easy/ simple.

Any suggestions ? build/gear you can share ?

Thanks !

as someone who used to play over thousand hours off mesmer and then made ranger I can tell you with absolute certainty that soulbeast is a walk in the park in comparison. just go skirmishing/beastmastery/soulbeast, merge with gazelle, never unmerge. if you spam random shit off cooldown on berserker you will get 25k+ dps, if you are smart about what you are doing you will reach 30-35k and when you get good its 40k+dagger/axe+longbow is what I use.main tips for the build1 axe 5 is absolute obliterator, I have hit upwards of 270k with this skill alone, try to use it with sic em, on the side ( damage from skirm ) and during stun ( stunned bosses after the blue bar take 50% more damage )2 you can start casting lb 5 before the boss spawns ( this is your next hard hitter )3 use elite when you can guarantee multi-hits, AND sic em ( lb5,lb2, frost trap if you use it )

For bosses frost spirit + sic em + signet for ferocity

for trash I use protect me, frost trap + signet ( its good to have a way to remove stun, and slb gets loads off damage for being at high HP so the barrier itself will translate to more damage often enough and other utilities dont help with clearing trash much ) -> scholar ( 5% above 90% ) ( beastmode 10% above 90% ) ( savage superiority 10% when more then enemy )

Advantages ?good at trash clear, good at bosses, easy to playthe only downside I have seen is that hard hitters ( lb 5 and axe 5 ) are stationary so in some fights you get fucked over by aoe ( siren, jojo, cough joko )EDITwith this build you will be reaching top dps easy peasy all the while buffing with spotter ( 100 precision ) and frost spirit ( 5% dmg buff )in weaker groups you get self quickness through dagger 3 and beast F3, dont use F3 when you already have quickness provided, animation remains slow and dmg is bad.lb autos suck, while dagger autos are good, with slb poison leech trait applying poison heals so dagger 2 and dagger autos heal you.

@Shaogin.2679 said:I mean, sure, compared to Mesmer, Soulbeast is easy. If you really want an easy DPS build for Fractal pugs though, then play Power Reaper. The rotation is super simple, and you aren't reliant on receiving buffs from the group.

slb has more damage while also buffing the team, if I was to recc a dps it would be slb or banner warrior for that exact reason.The only 2 bad things against slb are weak CC and being forced to stand still from time to time. if you can get past these its the best class by far

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Shaogin.2679 said:I mean, sure, compared to Mesmer, Soulbeast is easy. If you really want an easy DPS build for Fractal pugs though, then play Power Reaper. The rotation is super simple, and you aren't reliant on receiving buffs from the group.

slb has more damage while also buffing the team, if I was to recc a dps it would be slb or banner warrior for that exact reason.The only 2 bad things against slb are weak CC and being forced to stand still from time to time. if you can get past these its the best class by far

It has more potential DPS in a fully buffed and organized group, sure. However, OP seemed to be asking for a class/build with a simple DPS rotation (OP stated Soulbeast looked too complicated) that does great DPS and that they are wanting to use it to pug Fractals (non CM). This is exactly the type of environment that Reapers excel in. Reapers have a simple rotation, put out great DPS, and will often out-DPS others due to not being so reliant on buffs from the group.

Now if OP was looking to complete T4 dailies and CM with an organized group and wanted the best DPS for the group, then that would be a different story, though you could still play Reaper just fine there as well.

@Shaogin.2679 said:

It has more potential DPS in a fully buffed and organized group, sure. However, OP seemed to be asking for a class/build with a simple DPS rotation (OP stated Soulbeast looked too complicated) that does great DPS and that they are wanting to use it to pug Fractals (non CM). This is exactly the type of environment that Reapers excel in. Reapers have a simple rotation, put out great DPS, and will often out-DPS others due to not being so reliant on buffs from the group.

Now if OP was looking to complete T4 dailies and CM with an organized group and wanted the best DPS for the group, then that would be a different story, though you could still play Reaper just fine there as well.

slb is not complicated and doesnt rely on teammates for buffs, you have your own quickness through F3 and dagger 3, might is less impactfull due to extra might gained through merge and you easy have 100% crit chance without banner warrior.to top it off you have your own sustaint through regeneration, low cd healing skill and leech through poison.the only easier thing would be afk auto-attacking

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

slb is not complicated and doesnt rely on teammates for buffs, you have your own quickness through F3 and dagger 3, might is less impactfull due to extra might gained through merge and you easy have 100% crit chance without banner warrior.to top it off you have your own sustaint through regeneration, low cd healing skill and leech through poison.the only easier thing would be afk auto-attacking

I just realized this is in the Ranger subforum (is was scrolling through recent discussions). Then I decided to go take another look at Soulbeast since I haven't played mine in quite some time. Then I realized what you say is true. Then I became quite annoyed at the fact that the Reaper is a similar DPS build, yet it provides no group support and has less DPS. The balance in this game is annoying. @zethra.8491 , I was wrong, don't ever bother playing Necromancer. Anet just constantly takes a shit on it.

• 2 weeks later...

So I decided to try Soulbeast dps.. for T4s ( no CM )would like your advice on a few things…

I have Discretize & Metabattle rotations, but … Is there simpler /easier rotations ?( a few steps is ok, but 20 to 30 steps are hard to memorize )

Which weapon combo would offer for easier rotationLongbow or GS ? Sword/Axe or Dagger /Axe ?

Thanks again !!

@"zethra.8491" said:So I decided to try Soulbeast dps.. for T4s ( no CM )would like your advice on a few things…

I have Discretize & Metabattle rotations, but … Is there simpler /easier rotations ?( a few steps is ok, but 20 to 30 steps are hard to memorize )

Which weapon combo would offer for easier rotationLongbow or GS ? Sword/Axe or Dagger /Axe ?

Thanks again !!

hiho, you dont need " rotations " per say. Just understand what skill does the most dmg.for example you have 3 VERY hard hitting skills, One wolf pack ( elite ), Barrage ( lb 5, can be used during downtime ), Whirlwhind defense ( axe 5 )whenever possible, try to use those 3 when sic-em is on and boss is CCed

Next is semi-hard hitting skills, its1 Rapid fire2 F3 pet3 F2 ( from bird )4 Axe 4Use those whenever you can, try to sneak as many of them as you can during sicem/cc but other skills take priorityafter that just auto-attackTLDR Dont memorize exact 30 steps rotations, just understand what does the most dmg and combine those skills with sicem/breakbar stun

EDITduring trash clear AoE take priority, so axe 5, barrage, f3 mostly. hit as many enemies as you can.Keep gazelle F2 for CC, and if you know CC bar is coming, hold on to lb4,axe4 and sic em to do massive combos

EDIT v2use forst trap for trash clear, and sometimes even on bosses, exp when bosses have loads of aoe as spirit will die and recast is waste of dps, unless you have a tight group and you know its going to stay up

OWP, Quickness, and either LB2, LB5 or Axe5.See, OWP has a pulse cooldown of 0.25 seconds, and all of those skills hit every 0.25 seconds, meaning they proc OWP perfectly, every time. However, with Quickness, they hit every 0.17 seconds, which increases their own DPS, but makes them proc OWP every other pulse, halving the damage. Do use Quickness with Axe5, LB2 or LB5 when OWP is not available, it is a straight DPS upgrade, but do not use them all together.

@The Boz.2038 said:OWP, Quickness, and either LB2, LB5 or Axe5.See, OWP has a pulse cooldown of 0.25 seconds, and all of those skills hit every 0.25 seconds, meaning they proc OWP perfectly, every time. However, with Quickness, they hit every 0.17 seconds, which increases their own DPS, but makes them proc OWP every other pulse, halving the damage. Do use Quickness with Axe5, LB2 or LB5 when OWP is not available, it is a straight DPS upgrade, but do not use them all together.

That's not entirely accurate. Barrage ticks once every 1/2 s and hit frequency is not affected by quickness (only the initial cast time gets reduced). Rapid Fire does proc OWP only every other hit with and without quickness. Only with Whirling Defense quickness will reduce the amount of procs from that single skill - however due to the shorter channel time you can squeeze additional skills into the same time frame, which will result in roughly the same amount of OWP procs - and overall higher dps. So there is no reason to not combine all those things for maximum burst (especially when considering that in grp content you don't have much control over boons and burst windows anyway and occasionally getting 1 or 2 procs less than what would be possible in an optimal scenario is still more dps than not using OWP at all).

Regarding general slb dps:Since power slb is mostly about burst, timing the hard hitters right tends to be more important than a perfect rotation - which does require some encounter knowledge - especially when considering that many burst skills root you in place and you don't want to get interrupted/killed by aoe while channeling Also keep in mind that soulbeast does get a dmg boost for a few seconds after using cc, so don't forget to use stuff like lb 4 or axe 4 regulary and especially before your main burst.