Are new hairstyles/faces ever happening?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mortifera.6138 said:What hairstyles would you like to see? Other than buns on females, they’ve done pretty much all the popular ones already.

Side shave for asura; shaved on one side, with long silky hair on the other with physics. I'd like them to add physics to the curly hair style they gave us last time. Maybe some actual loose hair fibers so it doesn't look like it's a lego hair cap.

@"Mortifera.6138" said:What hairstyles would you like to see? Other than buns on females, they’ve done pretty much all the popular ones already.

I know it's on the forum somewhere, but I don't remember where. I'd like just straight, long grass hair for Sylvari. Also the ponytail that the beta designed Sylvari had (but made to look more "current game"ish. https://i.pinimg.com/474x/e6/bd/f4/e6bdf446084526b40bd994fc5e68b3ef--guild-wars-sylvari-character-concept-art.jpg). And also the branch hair the NPC, Cymbel, has.

• 4 weeks later...

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@DarcShriek.5829 said:I'm betting we get some new designs for the expansion.

If you play human, then probably. Otherwise, good luck.

Kind of unfair, given how Charr were the last to be updated (lws4 ep 2), HoT didn't come with any cosmetic upgrades, and PoF only came out with niche cosmetic upgrades for elonian themed characters (for which there weren't any other options), likely assets they likely already created for NPC's.

Personally, I hope the expansion comes with hairstyles, horns and beards for everyone (within reason). Fashion Wars could really use a shake up, imo.

@Westenev.5289 said:

Kind of unfair, given how Charr were the last to be updated (lws4 ep 2), HoT didn't come with any cosmetic upgrades, and PoF only came out with niche cosmetic upgrades for elonian themed characters (for which there weren't any other options), likely assets they likely already created for NPC's.

Personally, I hope the expansion comes with hairstyles, horns and beards for everyone (within reason). Fashion Wars could really use a shake up, imo.

Unfair? Extremely. I'm pretty sure i mentioned this before somewhere, but what anet probably thinks is that since it has taken so long, people have amassed a lot of kits and/or gold, which means there wouldn't be a lot of gem sales. So, good luck indeed. I don't play humans at all, so anything new would be great.

Maybe they won't add anything at all in hopes of people not calling them out for favouring human players. Before anyone starts complaining about my prediction of everyone getting the same treatment: Considering how long its been since we got anything new and how unlikely it is that we will get anything at all, i don't want more, i want other to have less.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

Unfair? Extremely. I'm pretty sure i mentioned this before somewhere, but what anet probably thinks is that since it has taken so long, people have amassed a lot of kits and/or gold, which means there wouldn't be a lot of gem sales. So, good luck indeed. I don't play humans at all, so anything new would be great.

Maybe they won't add anything at all in hopes of people not calling them out for favouring human players. Before anyone starts complaining about my prediction of everyone getting the same treatment: Considering how long its been since we got anything new and how unlikely it is that we will get anything at all, i don't want more, i want other to have less.

Anet has shown a willingness to create new assets that can enhance living world (ie. Chairs), and NPC's have started to use customisation options unavalable to players (kasmeers new hairstyle)...

... so I dare to hope something is on the horizon.

@Westenev.5289 said:

@"DarcShriek.5829" said:I'm betting we get some new designs for the expansion.

Anet has shown a willingness to create new assets that can enhance living world (ie. Chairs), and NPC's have started to use customisation options unavalable to players (kasmeers new hairstyle)...

... so I dare to hope something is on the horizon.

HAH! How do chairs "enhance" anything? It's just something new to sell. Most games have NPC that have unique appearance that the player may or may not be able to get. Also, Kasmeer is human, so...yeah.