Another Black Lion Weapon Set, another letter opener dagger

Dragon.4782

Am I the only one that is kind of annoyed at daggers not getting any cool designs aside from their hilt? I mean swords, GS, axes, maces, and even hammers have gotten really cool and/or interesting designs in various weapon sets but for some reason daggers are just letter openers. Why cant we have a miniature scimitar dagger, or a kukri? Hell, why not split charakams or sai's?

@Dragon.4782 said:Am I the only one that is kind of annoyed at daggers not getting any cool designs aside from their hilt? I mean swords, GS, axes, maces, and even hammers have gotten really cool and/or interesting designs in various weapon sets but for some reason daggers are just letter openers. Why cant we have a miniature scimitar dagger, or a kukri? Hell, why not split charakams or sai's?

Remember when they asked players to design weapons?

The templates are extremely restrictive.

@lokh.2695 said:Sure, let's have some options with skins that are made anyway.

@"Dragon.4782" said:Why cant we have a miniature scimitar dagger, or a kukri? Hell, why not split charakams or sai's?

If it helps:
are in-game already.

The way the kama and kukri are held really bothers me. Kama should be an axe skin at least tbh

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@"Dragon.4782" said:Why cant we have a miniature scimitar dagger, or a kukri? Hell, why not split charakams or sai's?

If it helps:
are in-game already.

The way the kama and kukri are held really bothers me. Kama should be an axe skin at least tbh

Daggers can be made to be held with a normal grip as seen in https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reaper_of_Souls

@Khisanth.2948 said:

If it helps:
are in-game already.

Daggers can be made to be held with a normal grip as seen in

THAT dagger is held in a normal grip (and one or two others) but nearly all other daggers are reverse grip, there isn't an option to change that.

I personally like simple small straight blades for daggers (or plausibly curved). And simple longer ones for swords, and somewhat longer ones for greatswords. I've done rl swordplay and just can't get into massive boards on sticks as weapons. I'm not any more 'right' about this than those who do like the bizarre-to-me twisty glowing paddles, it's subjective, but no I do not get annoyed by realistic blades. I applaud them.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

If it helps:
are in-game already.

Daggers can be made to be held with a normal grip as seen in

Even then the overall shape of a Kama makes more sense as an axe than a dagger.