Do people actually like the new fractals?

TeeracK.3601

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Fuchslein.8639" said:Along with all these reworkings you can't do fractals+recs as casual within 30-40min anymore....Of course you can. As long as nobody runs pepega builds like MM necro, scourge or druid."as casual". Running those builds is very much part of being casual.

Casual doesnt equal bad. There are countless easy to play builds which allow for fast clears. Reaper, no kit holo and firebrand are very simple. casual is used way too often as an excuse for not having to read skills or traits. T4 is basically pve endgame. T4 shouldnt even be completeable by random builds.a meta team can clear t4 + recs in 15min without cms. 20 with longer fracs and less optimized strats. 40 should be very doable for casuals which use decent builds.

If you mean Sunqua Peak, yes definately. It is very well designed and has a fitting story line. Recently there is a bug upon completion the group not get it mark cleared. So do fix. Also 3 bosses in a frac is time consuming considering each try will take like 40 minutes? Painful if lose the fight.

Deepstone and Twilight Oasis are relatively short once you know the mechanics, just a bit of slowdown from the puzzles.

Shattered Observatory is always too slow because the bosses are just health sponges. If their health were reduced it'd be the perfect Fractal, because like Underground it has good mechanics otherwise.

Siren's Reef was a bad idea conceptually, the entire Fractal seems based around the idea of just bombarding you with a million enemies constantly in all stages, which is very contrary to the design of other Fractals which encourage strategy. I find it to be the weakest of all the Fractals for this reason, as while it does encourage build diversity its also very noisey and quite irritating and sluggish.

Sunqua Peak boss moves around way too much, and CC windows are your only oppertunity to do any damage because of it. As a result its quite possibly the most stressful Fractal for a melee player, which is the majority of DPSers.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@"Fuchslein.8639" said:Along with all these reworkings you can't do fractals+recs as casual within 30-40min anymore....Of course you can. As long as nobody runs pepega builds like MM necro, scourge or druid."as casual". Running those builds is very much part of being casual.

Casual doesnt equal bad. There are countless easy to play builds which allow for fast clears. Reaper, no kit holo and firebrand are very simple. casual is used way too often as an excuse for not having to read skills or traits. T4 is basically pve endgame. T4 shouldnt even be completeable by random builds.a meta team can clear t4 + recs in 15min without cms. 20 with longer fracs and less optimized strats. 40 should be very doable for casuals which use decent builds.

I would like to have video proof please how you run fractals every day in 20 or even 15min, with random, casuals groups(no groups that have XY prerequisites).I play meta btw, but don't want to tell anyone what to play. I never did that and never had problems with it until my new start a few months ago. I often ran CM's 2 years ago with people who didn't run meta and weren't that good, but we still managed to do everything in a time that made "daily's" sense.

Two years ago this was still possible for me, because 90% of the fractals were very short and you didn't have to listen to most of the babble.Meanwhile, the fractals are so drawn out and so overlaid with 'mechanics' that the "Dailys", for me personally no longer makes sense.

Of course, this is all just my experience. If you have other experiences that's fine for you, but doesn't make mine obsolete.

@Hannelore.8153 said:Deepstone and Twilight Oasis are relatively short once you know the mechanics, just a bit of slowdown from the puzzles.

Shattered Observatory is always too slow because the bosses are just health sponges. If their health were reduced it'd be the perfect Fractal, because like Underground it has good mechanics otherwise.

Skorvald has currently <5sec phases. Artsariiv usually takes 1.40-2min in cm so like 1.30 normal. should be reasonable. Arkk lasts 1.40-2.20 which is also ok. Can be done within 8min quite casually in cm. Its the rp in normal mode that steals time.

@"Fuchslein.8639" said:I would like to have video proof please how you run fractals every day in 20 or even 15min, with random, casuals groups(no groups that have XY prerequisites).I mentioned meta groups for the 15-20min runs. 40 should be doable.I play meta btw, but don't want to tell anyone what to play. I never did that and never had problems with it until my new start a few months ago. I often ran CM's 2 years ago with people who didn't run meta and weren't that good, but we still managed to do everything in a time that made "daily's" sense.

Most of the fractals are exactly the same. especially the 2 cms. Only power weaver got nerfed but i doubt that offmeta pugs played that. the forced rp is indeed annoying as heck but one of the worst offenders got even speed up. molten furnace was probably the longest. back then a chrono could carry all the buffs and cc. thats not possible anymore. Dps increased a lot since then thanks to diviner and buffs to warrior and all other classes.Two years ago this was still possible for me, because 90% of the fractals were very short and you didn't have to listen to most of the babble.Meanwhile, the fractals are so drawn out and so overlaid with 'mechanics' that the "Dailys", for me personally no longer makes sense.

Which fractals are too long? Only deepstone, sirens reef and sunqua are a bit longer. sunqua is the end of a tier and should be harder than the rest. the only problem is that sunqua can be daily and rec at the same time.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@Fuchslein.8639 said:I would like to have video proof please how you run fractals every day in 20 or even 15min, with random, casuals groups(no groups that have XY prerequisites).I mentioned meta groups for the 15-20min runs. 40 should be doable.As the devs informed us at some point, 40 mins is the average completion time for Twilight Oasis alone.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:Deepstone and Twilight Oasis are relatively short once you know the mechanics, just a bit of slowdown from the puzzles.

Skorvald has currently <5sec phases. Artsariiv usually takes 1.40-2min in cm so like 1.30 normal. should be reasonable. Arkk lasts 1.40-2.20 which is also ok. Can be done within 8min quite casually in cm. Its the rp in normal mode that steals time.

@"Fuchslein.8639" said:I would like to have video proof please how you run fractals every day in 20 or even 15min, with random, casuals groups(no groups that have XY prerequisites).I mentioned meta groups for the 15-20min runs. 40 should be doable.I play meta btw, but don't want to tell anyone what to play. I never did that and never had problems with it until my new start a few months ago. I often ran CM's 2 years ago with people who didn't run meta and weren't that good, but we still managed to do everything in a time that made "daily's" sense.

Most of the fractals are exactly the same. especially the 2 cms. Only power weaver got nerfed but i doubt that offmeta pugs played that. the forced rp is indeed annoying as heck but one of the worst offenders got even speed up. molten furnace was probably the longest. back then a chrono could carry all the buffs and cc. thats not possible anymore. Dps increased a lot since then thanks to diviner and buffs to warrior and all other classes.Two years ago this was still possible for me, because 90% of the fractals were very short and you didn't have to listen to most of the babble.Meanwhile, the fractals are so drawn out and so overlaid with 'mechanics' that the "Dailys", for me personally no longer makes sense.

Which fractals are too long? Only deepstone, sirens reef and sunqua are a bit longer. sunqua is the end of a tier and should be harder than the rest. the only problem is that sunqua can be daily and rec at the same time.

"Do people actually like the new fractals?"

All the new fractals. With Twilight or Observatory it started that the devs specialized more and more in long fractals with heaps of mechanics and blinbling.Then old fractals were reworked like Mai Trin, Swampland or Molten Duo as an example.

As I said, I used to do the Frak dailies+req PLUS Nithgmare CM often in 30-40min with randoms, without special group requirements.Nowadays it looks different for me personally. Which is why I have lost the desire to fractals. Because as I said, it either takes a super long time, or, more likely, people simply skip many fractals and call it a day.And I don't have the time to hang on to a Frak-static anymore, because my playtimes are very different.

On a same day, daily should never be repeated as Rec. The 5 who just fought off the same stage, imagine how they feel. Each frac is about 20-30 minutes.
Rather make more fracs. Be it a GW1 content, extended side story, fight the outlaws, etc etc. It will be more interesting then playing the same frac two times in one day.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

Sry, but in which world people can complete T4´s+Recs in 15 mins ? Might be possible with a record- team grinding it + waiting for the perfect combinations of fracs and good instabs for it but no way as an normal time for a daily clear.Even without looking at the team-comp or how serious your approch is that is way too low.The average record- time for most t4-fraks is around 3- 3:30 with the faster ones being 2- 2 1/2 and the slower ones being 4 1/2 to 6 Mins.And then there are some even longer ones where noone bothers with records like Sirens or Sunqua.And those records are with perfectly optimized team comps for every fractal + skips + good instabs + alot of grind.So even with a good cm-group you are probably looking at 15-20 Mins for t4´s alone + another 8-10 mins for recs since even on t1-t3 most fracs cant be done under 2-3 mins.Obviously with a good team you can get fracs done pretty fast but no way in hell you gonna do them that fast.I would say you can probably say something around 25-30 Mins is your average for t4+recs with a solid cm-group. Including CM´s before you are looking at around 1 hr.With your average T4-Pugs its more like 45 mins for t4+recs if instabs/fracs are good and more like 1 hr if the fracs/instab are rather bad.

• 2 weeks later...

The Fractals are fine for me, new one was amazing, my problem is these cancerous instabilities, basically "everything kills you in one hit now, yay".

It's one of the reasons why Block and Barrier are the new "meta" instead of healing, you can't heal a dredge outflanking you while you have frailty, but you can block that 20k damage you will receive hehe, i even remember a time when you could easily do T4 Fractals without any healer or support, even with pugs, used to do that a lot, now it's next to impossible to do.

Like, i have no problems dealing with those (except that trash combo of Afflicted in the last boss of Aquatic), but since i only pug, it became unbearable to do them for me, and since most of the "veterans" have left, you have a lot of new people, so you have to go from group to group, failing a lot, till you find the right one.I stopped doing them like 3 or 4 months before the new Fractal, then it launched, i did it a few times, even at T4, but stopped for good since then.

It's a shame, my favorite piece of content in the entire game.

@"Brandon Uzumaki.1524" said:The Fractals are fine for me, new one was amazing, my problem is these cancerous instabilities, basically "everything kills you in one hit now, yay".

It's one of the reasons why Block and Barrier are the new "meta" instead of healing, you can't heal a dredge outflanking you while you have frailty, but you can block that 20k damage you will receive hehe, i even remember a time when you could easily do T4 Fractals without any healer or support, even with pugs, used to do that a lot, now it's next to impossible to do.

Like, i have no problems dealing with those (except that trash combo of Afflicted in the last boss of Aquatic), but since i only pug, it became unbearable to do them for me, and since most of the "veterans" have left, you have a lot of new people, so you have to go from group to group, failing a lot, till you find the right one.I stopped doing them like 3 or 4 months before the new Fractal, then it launched, i did it a few times, even at T4, but stopped for good since then.

It's a shame, my favorite piece of content in the entire game.

What do you mean with new meta? This was always the case. Back in 2012 healing wasnt even an option. Outhealing the damage and mechanics should never be an option. Before fb ren it was chrono or chrono power druid. Pugs usually took a heal druid. before that it was no healer at all. Good players are still playing without a healer.