What unnecessary mechanics would you include in the game?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@castlemanic.3198 said:Figured this might be a fun topic, what kinds of things that would probably cost more development time and money than they're worth would you want in the game?

A new playable race with 1-80 staged exactly the same as the core races. Unnecessary and a waste of resources but it would be really well received.

I also agree with the portable race track concept but would want to see options for mount specific course sets (land, air and sea). Something where players can build their own course and offer it to other players to play for everything up to competitive races and rewards.

A UI overhaul with extensive user settings for all screens. It isn’t necessary but a QoL upgrade on the whole UI would be a huge help. I imagine we don’t have this yet because it is problematic to implement (cost and resources).

Guild Decorations in the Home Instance. I do not care about my home instance, but if I was able to personalize it, I would spend more gold/gems to get all the upgrades and use my scribing to decorate it.

Renaming minis. I do not use minis really, but if I was able to personalize the name, I probably would. Having "Mini" before the name of every pet is a bit of an eyesore for me, but I am picky about stuff like that.

Making the Makeover Kits into a Full Screen. The screen is small, if it would take us to the character creation screen to do it, it would be great.

Different poses when gliding. Asuras have their arms extended like they are pretending to be airplanes lol. Being able to change the arm position or pose, would be neat.

Once I had to get the last part of the collection "The Convergence of Sorrow II: Requiem", which is going to Jahai Bluffs. And I was very bored. All the achievements of this zone were completed, but "Death-Branded Shatterer" event did not start. And I thought that I was really missing something to do while waiting for the event. It would be very cool if some collections were added in all zones, like this is done in Rift, Everquest, etc. I very liked this mechanic. In GW2, there are a huge number of secret and hidden places in all zones where could hide (randomly generated) parts of collections.

And yet, why not introduce the legendary appearance of mounts? With a very complex mechanics of receipt. Yes, I understand-the store, gems etc…But I think it would be interesting to introduce such an activity.

An option in the guild panel that can be turned by, by those of a specific rank and above, and, if turned on, will automatically drop a random piece of base siege on any player in the guild who has died to fall damage in WvW. And maybe you could select a finisher to use, as well as the siege. I vote flame ram and llama finisher.

@castlemanic.3198 said:Figured this might be a fun topic, what kinds of things that would probably cost more development time and money than they're worth would you want in the game?

My personal thing is having a boat with a canon/some sort of long ranged attack and climbing walls/cliff faces (i know we have the springer and skyscale that already invalidates this, i did say it's unnecessary)

What would you add?

Skyscale has attacks while flying, like a breath weapon cone or a long range fireball AoE. These can be used without needing to dismount.