30 10 0 20 10 engi was the peak of this game

ellesee.8297

While im a necro 1trick since launch and its the game I enjoyed,I doubt how long it would last. It was very punishing , 1-shoty and very "proc" based.

Air + fire sigil + dhuumfire = 3k dmg on a power necro attack thats meant to do 500 dmg.Add spinal shivers and I can already remember how a duel against the average sizer looked:

hit for 3k with procsdodgedogeswap to dagger, land 2x autosdogedogeswap shrouddogeevadedodgeland shroud auto 4k , air 1k , fire 1k , spinal 4ksizer ded, me 3hp.

Its a good equal matchup betweem 2 glass builds, but only cz both builds have unfair mechanics.So if you remove 1 stupid thing , which you 99% will have to, lets say the fire air procks , you then need to make necros actual weapon more reliable.At that point, youre already playing something closer to HOT than vanilla gw2.

@"Flumek.9043" said:While im a necro 1trick since launch and its the game I enjoyed,I doubt how long it would last. It was very punishing , 1-shoty and very "proc" based.

Air + fire sigil + dhuumfire = 3k dmg on a power necro attack thats meant to do 500 dmg.Add spinal shivers and I can already remember how a duel against the average sizer looked:

hit for 3k with procsdodgedogeswap to dagger, land 2x autosdogedogeswap shrouddogeevadedodgeland shroud auto 4k , air 1k , fire 1k , spinal 4ksizer ded, me 3hp.

Its a good equal matchup betweem 2 glass builds, but only cz both builds have unfair mechanics.So if you remove 1 stupid thing , which you 99% will have to, lets say the fire air procks , you then need to make necros actual weapon more reliable.At that point, youre already playing something closer to HOT than vanilla gw2.

Don't disturb people rose tinted nostalgia with actual facts about the gameplay back then.

PvP has always had it's share of bullshit mechanics (beside a lot of very cool and skillbased ones, to be fair). At least Lich was Bullshit zapping people with AA spam in 2014 and is bullshit zapping people with AA spam in 2021, so we've gone full circle on that.

Otherwise, I'd rather have the current meta improved than going back in time, despite all the fun I had on cele rifle.

I hardly ever played PvP back then, but when I did I just spammed all my skills on cooldown, and still got the highest scores in almost every hotjoin match I ever joined.Nobody knew how to play back then. If we were transported back to that time, the most distgusting oneshot meta would emerge within 2 weeks.

@Bazsi.2734 said:I hardly ever played PvP back then, but when I did I just spammed all my skills on cooldown, and still got the highest scores in almost every hotjoin match I ever joined.Nobody knew how to play back then. If we were transported back to that time, the most distgusting oneshot meta would emerge within 2 weeks.

that's what rune of vampirism was for lel.

@Falan.1839 said:

@"Flumek.9043" said:While im a necro 1trick since launch and its the game I enjoyed,I doubt how long it would last. It was very punishing , 1-shoty and very "proc" based.

Don't disturb people rose tinted nostalgia with actual facts about the gameplay back then.

PvP has always had it's share of kitten mechanics (beside a lot of very cool and skillbased ones, to be fair). At least Lich was kitten zapping people with AA spam in 2014 and is kitten zapping people with AA spam in 2021, so we've gone full circle on that.

Otherwise, I'd rather have the current meta improved than going back in time, despite all the fun I had on cele rifle.

There was less of "having everything" and more of "risk/reward". I honestly miss it. And i am well aware we will never see it again (too many things changed). So give me my rose tinted glasses back while i am mashing my keys... in a raid and not pvp :(

• 4 weeks later...

the peak of this game was the first week of releaseit all went downhill fast after that, because Anet devs started listening to the pvp crowd cries, and they started ruining pvp, wvw and pve for everyone

gw2 would be the #1 MMO on the market, way above WoW + ESO + FXIV put together, if only Anet never implemented PvP into the game. that was the seed of its destruction

@Konrad Curze.5130 said:the peak of this game was the first week of releaseit all went downhill fast after that, because Anet devs started listening to the pvp crowd cries, and they started ruining pvp, wvw and pve for everyone

gw2 would be the #1 MMO on the market, way above WoW + ESO + FXIV put together, if only Anet never implemented PvP into the game. that was the seed of its destruction

Cringe take

@ellesee.8297 said:

@Konrad Curze.5130 said:the peak of this game was the first week of releaseit all went downhill fast after that, because Anet devs started listening to the pvp crowd cries, and they started ruining pvp, wvw and pve for everyone

Cringe take

2reel4u brah

I liked - not only for PvP - the customization that was possible there. Now we have 3 fixed trait lines where we can just select the traits needed. Back then you could opt to not take the grandmaster tier and instead use the low tier of some other trait line - allowing you to use 4 or 5 lines (where some weren't maxed out).

Example screen someone posted also shows that people took the minor traits (at 25 points or so) sometimes. Though it seems (don't really remember it anymore) you had only 70 points (if the screen was with maxt trait points). Technically the thing we have now is 90 points split on 3 trait lines, 30 points each.