Pet Attribute Bonus

AreeSoothsayer.1068

This is a relic of the original system of traits. Originally each trait line (5 core ones) was tied to two stats (Power/x, Precision/y, Toughness/z, Vitality/a, Profession specific/b). x, y, z, a, and b were Boon Duration (Concentration), Condition Duration (Expertise), Condition Damage (Condition), Healing Power, and Crit Damage (Ferocity).

When you invested into a traitline, you increased the stats. So profession specific for ranger was Pet Attribute Bonus. That's basically been replaced by Pack Alpha.

One area of the game I think could use a bit of a overhaul tbh..

Would be nice if we had some custom input over our pets stats/skills and the ability to define their roles.Too many pets in the game atm which kind of get neglected due to their species and skills.

In all honesty I think Anet should take away the current list of pets and put them into categories instead.Example:Instead of having 5 different Drake pets that have different Archetype's, F2's and skin's we instead have a single Drake Family.Once we equip the Drake Family we then get to customise it by choosing which Skin we want our drake to have, which Archetype it will use which will also buff associated stats and define which Soulbeast skill you will get when merged and choose which F2 skill we want our Drake to use as well.

This would allow us to have for example, A Deadly Fire breathing Ice Drake that burns and gets buffs to it's Precision and Condition Damage.

The main reasons I think this is worth doing.

1. It gives Rangers more freedom to customise their Pets into their builds.It allows people's preferences for any pet skin per family to be included in any build they want, this would boost build diversity a bit and allow people to play with their favourite pets all the time rather than being forced to either sacrifice an optimal pet for cosmetic reasons or sacrificing a favourite pet for better build performance..Considering cosmetics are a huge part of this game it seems unfair that Rangers are forced to chose their pets based on stats and skills and are potentially disadvantaged when choosing based on their preference for how a pet looks, this issue would no longer exist if these changes are implemented.

2. It will fix the imbalance issue that currently exists with various pet families that do not have access to all the various Archetype's

For example there are no Stout Birds, No Supportive or Stout Devourers, No Ferocious Pigs etc..Worst of all there are a bunch of existing pets that are only categorised as "Unique" such as the Smokescale, Iboga and Shark etc.All of these pets can finally use their own family categories and will be able to be customised with any existing Archetype the player chooses, allowing you to have a Stout Smokescale to act as a tank for example.This will also allow for new pet skins in the same Family as well such as Smogscales which could bring in a new ability for either it or the Smokescale to use.. say an AoE Fear or Poison field for example.New Colour variants of Iboga, Wyverns and Bristleback with new F2 abilities to choose from could also be added to beef up their family tree's.

With the reduced list of the existing 50 (terrestrial) pets into 15 (terrestrial) Families not only would you have a cleaner and more easy to use pet list than this current one.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Terrestrial_Pets.jpg

But it also free's up a lot of space for new family categories to be added as well such as Skales for example, which have long been a creature type in Guildwars that many Rangers have really wanted the ability to tame since as far back as Gw1.It also means that tons of new pet variants can be added to the game purely for cosmetic reasons without needing to fill any kind of combat role such as all the DLC pets and the Reef Drake had to.

Anet could also add rare coloured pet's to out of the way places in the game for Rangers to go and hunt down that would be a fun reward for exploration etcOr add them as temporary Rare spawns after defeating powerful creatures and/or beating big meta event's.For example after beating the Defeat the Legendary Forged Hounds event in PoF there could be a rare chance that a few Juvenile Hound's of Balthazar will spawn there for Ranger's to tame.

Stuff like this would severely improve the Gw2 pet system in my opinion and significantly improve the fun around hunting pets on Rangers.I would love to see Anet do something like this in Gw2 someday.

I would love to see a Ranger elite class line that enhances pets instead of draining them for the player's personal power. Soulbeast literally subsumes the pet to use it's powers. Druid drains their strength.

I'd LOVE! to see a class that utilizes the two options for pet switching and let you use both in battle at the same time.F1->F4 would be normal, pet 2 F5->F8. So you can micromanage both seperately. The the rest of the traitline uses enhancements for the pets or pet/player both.

@AreeSoothsayer.1068 said:I would love to see a Ranger elite class line that enhances pets instead of draining them for the player's personal power. Soulbeast literally subsumes the pet to use it's powers. Druid drains their strength.

I'd LOVE! to see a class that utilizes the two options for pet switching and let you use both in battle at the same time.F1->F4 would be normal, pet 2 F5->F8. So you can micromanage both seperately. The the rest of the traitline uses enhancements for the pets or pet/player both.

they made e-specs that dont rely on pets due to pets being buggy mess, like fuck. what can they actually do ?they have problems with getting to target let alone hitting them, in general you want good burst/sustained damage against bosses and good aoe for everything else, and they fail in aoe big time. Like how exactly would that work? can you actually see yourself using 2 pets to do fractals? how would that shit even work?And if somehow they manage, whats the game-plan, toss 2 pets at the enemy and let them play the game for you? terrible

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@AreeSoothsayer.1068 said:I would love to see a Ranger elite class line that enhances pets instead of draining them for the player's personal power. Soulbeast literally subsumes the pet to use it's powers. Druid drains their strength.

they made e-specs that dont rely on pets due to pets being buggy mess, like kitten. what can they actually do ?they have problems with getting to target let alone hitting them, in general you want good burst/sustained damage against bosses and good aoe for everything else, and they fail in aoe big time. Like how exactly would that work? can you actually see yourself using 2 pets to do fractals? how would that kitten even work?And if somehow they manage, whats the game-plan, toss 2 pets at the enemy and let them play the game for you? terrible

Gueuss I must play differently from everyone else since I haven't run into those problems. I see myself as the AoE for small fry and my pet the tank for holding agro while I wittle down from afar against big guys.

Then again I don't use Kitty. I use plant Puppy with AoE Regen to keep himself and others up.

@AreeSoothsayer.1068 said:

they made e-specs that dont rely on pets due to pets being buggy mess, like kitten. what can they actually do ?they have problems with getting to target let alone hitting them, in general you want good burst/sustained damage against bosses and good aoe for everything else, and they fail in aoe big time. Like how exactly would that work? can you actually see yourself using 2 pets to do fractals? how would that kitten even work?And if somehow they manage, whats the game-plan, toss 2 pets at the enemy and let them play the game for you? terrible

Gueuss I must play differently from everyone else since I haven't run into those problems. I see myself as the AoE for small fry and my pet the tank for holding agro while I wittle down from afar against big guys.

Then again I don't use Kitty. I use plant Puppy with AoE Regen to keep himself and others up.

Im not talking about you running open world, everything works there. Im talking about trying to quickly do fractals, dungeons, raids.And there, pet wont even make it to the enemies half the time, and even if it does you gonna roll the dice if it does its " aoe attack "And if you use pet that has F2 aoe attack like tiger it has over 1s cast time anyways, better to use barrage and be done with it with extra stats from slb while merged