World Restructuring

Gaile Gray.6029

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

@"Tonko.4802" said:Is anyone even working in this company anymore or whatyou got like 20 people to write the tumblr fanfic of a story and you're trying to convince us that "the 5 people who would usually work on wvw are too busy with the expansion"

is anyone left in here I swear if I could reach down into the Anet headquarters there would be 50 layers of dust on everything and tumbleweeds rolling across the lobbyyou write a 2000 page essay detailing the development of cooking recipes for the game yet you won't acknowledge even the existence of the wvw playerbase for 3 yearsIs this an indie company with 5 devs in total or what is going on here manYou leave this awful relinking system up and try to convince us the server populations or relinks are managed by an algorithm which I flat out don't believe, you've got 1 intern who does it on his coffee breaks and sometimes he also forgets about it for a week or two

oh who am I kidding Anet devs don't read this section of the forum anywaymaybe some janitor does and I'll get an infraction for this post

ALLIANCES WHEN

Okay great, let's blast them for what little involvement they have on these threads. Is it not already silent enough for you?!

I am sure they will listen to us.

Do you know what; #AlliamcesWhen

i mean, nothing's as trolly as #allianceswhen

funnily people really make thread now to ask "would Alliances really change anything" and "could Alliances really work"...let us say as much, the current system totally works not, it's really bad. and that for years, therefore either removing links to create a new everyone-unlinked system or just bringing the full planned and on enough pages discussed Alliances simply on the table.

outside of that, other quality of life changes might be an idea as well. objectives are still worth nothing but the possibility of a good farm or just annoying the others. i think what those people, who say too much competitiveness would just lead to stacking, miss is: it never was that alive than when the tournaments been around i guess. there was real rewards, like those u can get in the spvp monthly (btw spvp had app in 2016 still a worldcupt tournament?) ... and if all people are stacked, then those "tryhards"wouldn't interfere with the casual players' "funny pirateshipping"

even with a good link, i'm just very sick of this current format. it just repeats itself, and plays russian roulette... every once in a while another server dies and their guilds emigrate. often they go to promising server, means the "oh noes stacking" always happened, for years now. without the limitations of Alliances system to keep that controlled.

the guilds sorta know each other anyways. the more weeks u play, the more guilds u get to know, be it on good or bad terms. servers lost their identity anyways. the desolation of 2-3 years ago is spread to 4-5 servers, WSR is since some links now not on the host bc the farm on the "holidayserver" is app better

etcetcetc

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:the guilds sorta know each other anyways. the more weeks u play, the more guilds u get to know, be it on good or bad terms. servers lost their identity anyways. the desolation of 2-3 years ago is spread to 4-5 servers, WSR is since some links now not on the host bc the farm on the "holidayserver" is app better

I'm not sure how many times it needs to be said, but whether your name is Deso, WSR or Gandara, the reason guilds leave servers is because servers go full, unlinked and maps go full so they can not play with their friends. That is the same and chief reason for everyone.

Why is the Deso of 3 years ago scattered? Perhaps because they got full, unlinked and their guilds either died or moved. WSR transfered off WSR and back again because they were full and unlinked, their two core guilds had players locked out. Then they got full and unlinked again so they left again so they could play together. Last relink Gandara was full and unlinked again which is nothing new for them but what was new for them was that their core guilds and community leaders now had players locked out, so they've just spent two weeks playing alts, mainly on RoS. You could fault them for ruining RoS eco system or you can aknowledge that the system causes these problems, not the players. The players just want to play the game with their friends and the developer is in no hurry to make sure that fundamental piece of their game actually works.

it wasn't really in our case. or at least, only partly. the 2-years ago exodus of the guilds was bc it was overstacked and ppl got bored - since other servers mostly lacked opposition and we been stuck in t1 due to ppt people bandwagoning to link to ppt 24/7.

then yes, two times unlinked with a fake-full status. since over 1 year we had nearly no guilds (no raid guilds) at all.

so neither the fullness nor the unlinked been in the end the reason... but the system is messed up. i agree with you that the system is the issue tho. we need a change, and we'd need it asap. either full unlinks with few servers dissolving if too small, or just the #allianceswhen

imo we'd also really need more rewards for ppl to play serious. i'm feeling and hearing also from others that it just gets boring now and then.

and, a full map with half of the people never joining groups during primetime... that is in fact a player-problem only. where the #allianceswhen system could maybe fix that, by making dedicated "Wvw-guilds" more important.

the 40 different 1-2man guilds per map just aren't healthy for a group-based largescale combat format.

btw did anyone think about Wvw when they brought the hammer skin "hammer of the THREE REALMS" into the gemstore? thaha. i was slightly amused, but i miss on pretty much every item more lore descriptions, so no idea to what those "three realms" refer. pvE has way more realms, for every faction even, i think. so that cannot be it.

also, happy #allianceswhen

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:btw did anyone think about Wvw when they brought the hammer skin "hammer of the THREE REALMS" into the gemstore? thaha. i was slightly amused, but i miss on pretty much every item more lore descriptions, so no idea to what those "three realms" refer. pvE has way more realms, for every faction even, i think. so that cannot be it.

also, happy #allianceswhen

My first though was actually how China was split into three kingdoms in the past.Since the Celestials (which this hammer is related to) are Chinese-themed, the connection is pretty easy.

i have absolutely no clue where i should put these celestials to.. are those the HoT storyline elemental monk guys, where the zephyrite ( also still have no clue what those are really) backpacks been related to?so that hammer was supposed to be looking like some old chinese style (while hammers are surely no classic chinese weapons afaik).... that's super random, but as good as any explaination, i guess.

but yeah, at least there exists some story on that then. many Wvw parts either have no story infos, or those got removed. like, some NPCs have dialogues. and i saw a video from ~2012/13 where early Wvw's EBG had a special loading screen description

"Deep within the Mists lies the Eternal Battlegrounds, a place of mystery, where worlds collide and legends are born. Stonemist Castle lies at the center of the conflict, a silent witness to the chaos of battle surrounding it."

i found that incredibly cool, and have no clue why they removed the loading screen message, honestly. so long, #allianceswhen

I dont see how it will solve the GvGing issue in a game mode requiring PPT. Its a real source of frustration for both GvGers and WvWers. GvG players dont want to reach T1 or even T2 so they tank while the real WvWers are pushing to win but finally their efforts are wasted by GvGers most of the time.

guilds take basically not space in what makes servers full. fullness is created by playtime per player, and every play hour of a person who is used to largescale is like 50 times as effective.

therefore, despite some people have the illusion that it does, the 2 hours in ~3 days a week of GvG , does not affect the ppt score at all. in that time even many blobs are not going anywhere, bc if three 30 ppl groups of each color fight, there's just no space for real zoneblobs of 50+, not even 40 normally, on a map.