black screen \ crash

it begins a few weeks ago, but repeat often and often for last few days.screen became black and then nothing or crash after some time.which logs i can provide?

win10, amd rx580dxdiag https://yadi.sk/d/LjdZZ7MZN3bonw

The program Gw2-64.exe version 1.0.0.1 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.Process ID: be4Start Time: 01d6fbce2031b9abTermination Time: 4294967295Application Path: D:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exeReport Id: 1eeeec50-05ac-4dee-b2c1-d16efc4e9d22Faulting package full name:Faulting package-relative application ID:Hang type: Top level window is idle

I have this issue as well. You can hear the audio in the background, but the screen goes black and all you're left with is in the in-game mouse pointer. Commands (0-9) don't appear to do anything.

Another thing it's doing is that it will occasionally do nothing when you press the Play button in the character select screen. The button will grey out but the game does not start. After a few minutes it will time out and the game will crash to the launcher and you'll be logged out.

This started in the last week or two. I tried running a repair and it didn't help. Nothing in the Crash.dmp or ArenaNet.log.

It's an ancient machine that I only use for farming, but I've never had issues with it.1st gen i78GB RAMnVidia 445M GPU.

Tried deleting the local.dat. Same issue where I press the Play button on the character select, button greys out, game doesn't start, then after a minute or two, it crashes to the launcher and is logged out. After the 3rd try, I managed to actually load in to a map. Then, after about 10 minutes, black screen. The ping is higher than usual, at about 110ms, but not so outrageously high that it would cause major connection issues...and it shouldn't cause this type of issue. No error messages are shown at any time.

Nothing gets logged anywhere. Not in the log files in the program folder or the appdata folder. Are logs written elsewhere or is there a way to increase the log level to see what's going on?

@Ashantara.8731 said:Could be an issue with your software firewall or antivirus. Try adding the GW2 installation directory to the list of exceptions.

I don't have any firewall or antivirus installed on that machine, other than what comes with Windows. Nothing has changed on that front and I've used this machine for years. Why would it suddenly become an issue? I also tried running in administrator mode, same issue.

@Leamas.5803 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Could be an issue with your software firewall or antivirus. Try adding the GW2 installation directory to the list of exceptions.I don't have any firewall or antivirus installed on that machine, other than what comes with Windows.

In that case, you should make sure there is no malware or virus on your system...

You should also check the GW2 dump file to see what caused the crash. I think the file is located here (%AppData%\Guild Wars 2\Coherent Dumps) or in the GW2 game installation folder (Crash.dmp). To open it, follow these instructions: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1357225#Comment_1357225 (You could also check your OS health status by following the instructions further down: DISM, SFC.)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:Could be an issue with your software firewall or antivirus. Try adding the GW2 installation directory to the list of exceptions.I don't have any firewall or antivirus installed on that machine, other than what comes with Windows.

In that case, you should make sure there is no malware or virus on your system...

You should also check the GW2 dump file to see what caused the crash. I think the file is located here (
%AppData%\Guild Wars 2\Coherent Dumps
) or in the GW2 game installation folder (
Crash.dmp
). To open it, follow these instructions:
(You could also check your OS health status by following the instructions further down: DISM, SFC.)

Hmmm, there was something there that S&D cleaned and the game seems to have stabilized. It's really odd that it would suddenly come up like this. The only things this machine is used for are GW2 and just recently Zoom (Since before XMas). I wonder if there was something pre-existing that a recent game update became sensitive too, or something invasive left behind by the Flash uninstaller.

@TristisOris.2165 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:In that case, you should make sure there is no malware or virus on your system...oh yeah. always some "mythical virus" a root of any problem.

I simply advised to make sure that isn't the case. No need to get cynical, especially when people don't seem to take their PC's security too seriously and rely on Windows' basic protection.

Better safe than sorry, no?

Every day AMD and NVIDIA write new fixes for each application in the world. And especially for 10 years old games.

No one said otherwise. Besides, you seem to be ignoring the rest of my post which was to help find the cause of the issue. But go on simplifying things and ignoring the helpful advice give.

P.S. For your information, SFC and DISM are not about updating your drivers but about repairing a corrupt Windows, which becomes necessary more often than you think these days.

Could be either hardware or software failure, in both cases, if its not critical, the computer might behave just as usual, but not let you "play" per say, or randomly.Your saying the laptop is old so thats a possibility.The ram could have just one chip broken, there are memtests to verify that.The power supply could be half broken, and only under stress you would get problems, you can also verify that with some tools to stress test.Windows itself could have some issues.When the computer doesnt work anymore its easy to tell whats wrong with it, usually, but in many cases the broken part may not trash completly your system, so its still sort of half working, thats the harder cases.It would be tedious to make a full list of what you can test/try, because it would be extremly long.

For those who is not having this issue... Probably not a hardware problem; to start, it happened with more than one person at the "same period": this month. Screen just turn on black. Thats happen specially when I have PvP queue alert or when I down (turns black before I see the character downed, but in the right time). And another fact: in the game, I just disconnect imediately (I was with a friend last time) but the game interface still anser, like F12 and F11 to charecter select, login and settings. I hope my english is enough to understand... Im repairing the game right now and I'll answer this post if I have some success after some tests.

Two days testing... Somehow, seems Windows firewall was blocking the connection sometimes (I couldnt understand the pattern); even with gw2 client in exception list and - in another test - with all gw2 ports added to exceptions. After reinstall firewall through updates the problem stopped.

• 2 months later...

fresh system install, it hapens again after 2 days. If no BSOD, i have AMD bug reportuing popup. Finaly gor some logs.

I see a memory leak here, so whats a reason?

Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: Gw2-64.exe (1540) consumed 10972475392 bytes, qbittorrent.exe (7180) consumed 557920256 bytes, and firefox.exe (7280) consumed 345432064 bytes.

The program Gw2-64.exe version 1.0.0.1 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 604
 Start Time: 01d74e04d0c92693
 Termination Time: 2
 Application Path: D:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe
 Report Id: a2278a4e-2d90-4506-8bd9-5dea1094a475
 Faulting package full name:
 Faulting package-relative application ID:
 Hang type: Unknown

Edited by TristisOris.2165

Then it's probably D912PXY.

Unstall it! It has a memory leak and consumes up to 10GB of Ram currently. 

I use it myself, but I have 32GB of Ram and so I don't care about the 10GB that GW2 @ D912PXY uses.

Edited by KrHome.1920