Most Fun Class in sPvP

Weerus.3701

Hello :)

So, what is the most fun class to play in pvp?

I'm not looking for brainded playstyle and I'm certainly not a glutton for punishment - so, unviable classes that you have to break the skill ceiling 3 times over only to barely get even with medicore players are off limits.

I'm talking about mid to high skill ceiling classes that provide great reward for ppl willing to master them.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's very personal

And depends on what build you playing

There are 3 well known weaver builds

Fire, lightning rod and fresh air

I find elementalist in general fun to play

But fire is kinda boring ans fresh air super fun

But you'd find ppl that will disagree with me class and buildwise

So is more about trying a lot of different builds and playstyles to find what you actually have more fun with

Yea, Mesmer is fun in pvp but very weak class at the moment. Honestly pretty much any class other than mesmer is really good in pvp if you play their role well. It really depends on what you want to do in pvp (team fights, roaming, bunker, etc.)

Ele as mentioned can be very powerful and carry teams at times though it takes alot of skill to be effective.

Some classes have lower skill floors than others, but every class, even the ones considered easy by the community will have a decent skill cap attached. If you're looking for classes that will take the most time to master, you've got some options depending on which playstyle you prefer.

Combo field play/ High APM / Playing "Piano" with your Keyboard

• Elementalist
  • Engineer

These are my personal favorite two classes. If you like high APM, blasting combofields, and always having a ton of buttons to press, these are the classes for you. The skill cap in both comes in learning to manage your huge reservoir of skills and pick out the best one(s) for each situation. To balance out their massive kits, It may take them 3+ actions to accomplish what other classes can with a single button press, but that's part of the fun. There's just something satisfying about weaving through attunements to blast your water fields 4 times in quick succession as an elementalist, or comboing smoke bomb into acid bomb and then landing a surprise holographic shockwave from stealth (Yes I run bomb kit in pvp. It's a blast. Literally)

High Mobility/ Burst / Outplay potential

• Mesmer
  • Thief
  • Revenant

Thief has the lowest skill floor out of all of these, but some argue it has the highest skill cap. It's a class that mainly gets to shine in PvP, but it's fun mastering their skill combos and all their tips and tricks. If you like being the solo carry, this is the class for you.

Mesmer is what you get if you cross a thief with a mage and sprinked some illusion magic on top. It's got both a high skill ceiling and a high skill cap. This is partially because they're in a rough spot right now, and partially because there's a deceptive amount of depth to each of their skills. You will need to take some time to learn them before you start to do well. The benefit is that it's a very fun and rewarding class once you get good at it.

Revenant is the edgy love child of warrior and thief. It's a bit slower and a bit more telegraphed than thief, but it makes up for it with higher damage and higher sustain. Alac renegade is arguably the hardest build to master in PvE, and Power Herald is one of the harder classes to play in PvP. Rev has a med-high skill floor (depending how long it takes you to learn their energy system) and a med-high skill cap. It's also a rewarding class to main currently. It's top tier in both PvE and PvP, and has been for some time.

Finally if you're looking for a support that will take you some time to master, you can't get any better than..

Firebrand.

Where elementalists have attunements, and engineers have kits, Firebrand has tomes. These have significantly higher cooldowns in exchange for higher impact. You will need to learn how to use these at the right time on top of your usual weapon skills in order to succeed. Guardian as a whole is a versatile class that will serve you well in any game mode if you choose to main it.

PRO TIP: This is coming from someone who's PvP'd for a long time.Classes are only fun... if you play them well. If you play an interesting class but keep dying, over and over, you won't like it. You'll end up being frustrated.

So the answer should be: any class can be fun as long as you commit to it and try your hardest on making it work. When you are able to carry a team, you probably feel proud and like you are a meaningful asset to your team. If you're playing some build and keep dying over and over that obviously isn't fun in any sense.

@Filip.7463 said:

@Filip.7463 said:Ren / prev

Thanks, will try it. I haven't been playing for years now, but no way in hell am I running my main mesmer, what has happened while I was away? XDOne dodge cmon...

That's not Mesmer but Mirage.

Core and chrono are nothing better

All 3 are better than most make it out to be, especially Chronomancer with Phantasm spam in 1v1's, giving it back self shatter wasn't enough apparently and now it stands out as the one having the most clones up without much effort compared Mirage or Mesmer.

How much do you guys actually need to think you aren't underpowered, you're doing fine. Put a bit more effort into it. You can't be serious that Mesmer in general is that bad.

Are all the good Mesmers gone? If I say I fought good Mesmers, is all I'm gonna hear that I'm bad and I need to L2P because the class is bad? I don't think so.

Profession has obviously gotten a higher ceiling since the patch and the disappearance of most one shot builds but if you think that's all Mesmer can be it's very wrong.

@Khalisto.5780 said:That's very personal

So is more about trying a lot of different builds and playstyles to find what you actually have more fun with

True, so far im having fun with revenant so far. Will test other options too before fully commiting.Where would I find fresh air build guide?

@LuRkEr.9462 said:Yea, Mesmer is fun in pvp but very weak class at the moment. Honestly pretty much any class other than mesmer is really good in pvp if you play their role well. It really depends on what you want to do in pvp (team fights, roaming, bunker, etc.)

Ele as mentioned can be very powerful and carry teams at times though it takes alot of skill to be effective.

Which build of ele would you recommend. I intend to focus on nailing rotations even tho its hard :D Im gonna at least give it a decent try.

@Weerus.3701 said:

@"Khalisto.5780" said:That's very personal

True, so far im having fun with revenant so far. Will test other options too before fully commiting.Where would I find fresh air build guide?

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Weaver_-_Freshweaver

Not really that good of a guide, but it'll give you the basics

Search for grimjack stream for more info, he's the only one pulling out crazy stuff with this build at highest level.

I played a fair bit this build, weak against condi and teleporting skill, so not the strongest build right now, specially for someone who is trying it first time.

@"Kuma.1503" said:Some classes have lower skill floors than others, but every class, even the ones considered easy by the community will have a decent skill cap attached. If you're looking for classes that will take the most time to master, you've got some options depending on which playstyle you prefer.

Combo field play/ High APM / Playing "Piano" with your Keyboard

• Elementalist
  • Engineer

These are my personal favorite two classes. If you like high APM, blasting combofields, and always having a ton of buttons to press, these are the classes for you. The skill cap in both comes in learning to manage your huge reservoir of skills and pick out the best one(s) for each situation. To balance out their massive kits, It may take them 3+ actions to accomplish what other classes can with a single button press, but that's part of the fun. There's just something satisfying about weaving through attunements to blast your water fields 4 times in quick succession as an elementalist, or comboing smoke bomb into acid bomb and then landing a surprise holographic shockwave from stealth (Yes I run bomb kit in pvp. It's a blast. Literally)

High Mobility/ Burst / Outplay potential

• Mesmer
  • Thief
  • Revenant

Thief has the lowest skill floor out of all of these, but some argue it has the highest skill cap. It's a class that mainly gets to shine in PvP, but it's fun mastering their skill combos and all their tips and tricks. If you like being the solo carry, this is the class for you.

Mesmer is what you get if you cross a thief with a mage and sprinked some illusion magic on top. It's got both a high skill ceiling and a high skill cap. This is partially because they're in a rough spot right now, and partially because there's a deceptive amount of depth to each of their skills. You will need to take some time to learn them before you start to do well. The benefit is that it's a very fun and rewarding class once you get good at it.

Revenant is the edgy love child of warrior and thief. It's a bit slower and a bit more telegraphed than thief, but it makes up for it with higher damage and higher sustain. Alac renegade is arguably the hardest build to master in PvE, and Power Herald is one of the harder classes to play in PvP. Rev has a med-high skill floor (depending how long it takes you to learn their energy system) and a med-high skill cap. It's also a rewarding class to main currently. It's top tier in both PvE and PvP, and has been for some time.

Finally if you're looking for a support that will take you some time to master, you can't get any better than..

Firebrand.

Where elementalists have attunements, and engineers have kits, Firebrand has tomes. These have significantly higher cooldowns in exchange for higher impact. You will need to learn how to use these at the right time on top of your usual weapon skills in order to succeed. Guardian as a whole is a versatile class that will serve you well in any game mode if you choose to main it.

I'm very intrigued by ele, but never really invested into one. Where could I learn all those rotations and blasting from? :)I was never fond of engineer tho, but it bothers me that I don't own a meduim armor class. Holo looking nice tho...

Been playing mesmer for years, but the spot it is in, I don't really wan't to play too much with him. It's my main tho.Thief is imo same as mesmer, decaping and only +1. Its fine and I've been doing it always. But I want some high risk/High reward. To potentially outplay oponent. Is revenant it? :pensive:Just made HFB for fractals and it's fun. I could try it in pvp too I guess. Which build would you recomment. I do like to support. But i'm more intrigued by winning 1v1 and 2v2 etc. at the moment, as I never focused on this before.

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:PRO TIP: This is coming from someone who's PvP'd for a long time.Classes are only fun... if you play them well. If you play an interesting class but keep dying, over and over, you won't like it. You'll end up being frustrated.

So the answer should be: any class can be fun as long as you commit to it and try your hardest on making it work. When you are able to carry a team, you probably feel proud and like you are a meaningful asset to your team. If you're playing some build and keep dying over and over that obviously isn't fun in any sense.

I totally agree, and I intend to try few of the general fun gameplay classes and see for myself. So far revenant seems to be nice. But will try others to be sure on who to invest time. What would you recommend? :)

@Shao.7236 said:

@Filip.7463 said:Ren / prev

Thanks, will try it. I haven't been playing for years now, but no way in hell am I running my main mesmer, what has happened while I was away? XDOne dodge cmon...

That's not Mesmer but Mirage.

Yes I was thinking of mirage. I'm just baffled as how anet could remove core mechanic from a class. Only one dodge on class that is centered around dodging. Thats dodgy :D

I used to love power Herald, but I find the pace too slow now. Thief is fun if you feel like trolling all game. Mechanically, I think ele & Engie are the most fun. Tactically, necromancer is the most fun.

Warrior used to be amazing fun, but lack of dmg on cc hurt them more than others.

I'd also consider Mesmer if you like purple & pink, although I find them a little too spammy. Which is funny, considering I like ele, but it's about how many buttons you need to press in a short amount of time. (Mesmer feels a lot like fresh air scepter ele, my least favorite ele spec)