Where Is The Rest of The Walls "Change"?

Svarty.8019

• 1 month later...

Raymond mentioned it again last week... or was it the week before? Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I'm still thinking of you. Here is the original quote:

43 mins into this video... https://twitch.tv/videos/402656725

"time to entry is something that we're really trying to adjust because we think the fun is trying to push back the attack and then once everyone's inside and able to fight, that's where a lot of the fun begins"

once everyone's inside and able to fight, that's where a lot of the fun begins.

So break down walls and gates faster before defenders can rally is suppose to help? Maybe he's talking about fighting in and around lords room, which they probably don't even remember that part of keeping that fight going was bannering the lord which they took out. Also numbers, which reset has a lot of to make those fights fun for 2 hours, rest of the week, some servers have it, a lot don't.

Those huge long fights in garrison are some of the best in the game, but it doesn't happen a whole lot other than reset night for a whole host of reasons. So now you get ghost cap keeps or laggy smc lord fights to contend with.

No one wants to bother defending a paper keep, they might show up for an upgraded keep, but then no one wants to attack an upgraded keep unless they get little resistance. So maybe they should make all walls one general level like eotm and bring back lord banners if they want the fights to be more inside focused. Still doesn't really solve the numbers problem for the "once everyone's inside and able to fight, that's where a lot of the fun begins" part, like getting your stuff run over by t1 blobs isn't "fun".

@"XenesisII.1540" said:getting your stuff run over by t1 blobs isn't "fun".

Yet oddly, therein lies most of the gameplay. PPT has never been about fights and blobbing has never been about good gameplay. The most successful servers hardly see a good fight. In fact, fighting players is mostly counterproductive.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:getting your stuff run over by t1 blobs isn't "fun".

Yet oddly, therein lies most of the gameplay. PPT has never been about fights and blobbing has never been about good gameplay. The most successful servers hardly see a good fight. In fact, fighting players is mostly counterproductive.

Which is inherently true. Problem is, there is no other option with WvW stats for smaller engagements that are geared towards the fight.

5’s10’s15’s or biggerHell even 2’s.

So people try to create their own within the confines of others that wish for a different experience.

• 3 months later...

@"Svarty.8019" said:Raymond mentioned it again last week... or was it the week before? Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I'm still thinking of you. Here is the original quote:

43 mins into this video... https://twitch.tv/videos/402656725

"time to entry is something that we're really trying to adjust because we think the fun is trying to push back the attack and then once everyone's inside and able to fight, that's where a lot of the fun begins"

Best thing on this matter is adjust siegecap by 1 piece and 50% on range since IT nerves Both attackers and defenders, buffing gate health can Just bring on another siege wars

I'm really curious as to what they're doing here. I missed the announcement (if there was one?) about the first part, though I did notice that wall health was lower. 6 months is a long time--what could they possible have in store that can't even be mentioned in that time frame?

Also, apparently they don't have any fun fighting to open structures...which is not a great look when designing a territory control game. They should seriously consider hiring a non-zergling...

• 1 year later...

@Sviel.7493 said:I'm really curious as to what they're doing here. I missed the announcement (if there was one?) about the first part, though I did notice that wall health was lower. 6 months is a long time--what could they possible have in store that can't even be mentioned in that time frame?

Also, apparently they don't have any fun fighting to open structures...which is not a great look when designing a territory control game. They should seriously consider hiring [someone who knows how the territory control game works]

I've edited your quote, so that an Arenanet employee could read it more clearly.

I concur with your opinion and would very much like to see what would happen if such an employee were to appear.

It seems to me that there are many things that could be tried in terms of wall adjustments in order to make the capturing process more interesting. I believe we're currently in a situation where the game favours a specific types of attacker (giant group, aka zerg) - especially now that pulls and other crowd control abilities are way more common than their counters (such as Stability).

The knock-on effect is that the traditional counters to siege, i.e. disablers and counter-siege are themselves death-traps - countering big groups is now too difficult.

I posit that Just because you bring a giant group, doesn't NECESSARILY mean you should get a free cap (effortless capture). -we're losing players because it appears that Arenanet don't agree.

Why bother trying to defend anymore?

@Svarty.8019 said:

@Sviel.7493 said:I'm really curious as to what they're doing here. I missed the announcement (if there was one?) about the first part, though I did notice that wall health was lower. 6 months is a long time--what could they possible have in store that can't even be mentioned in that time frame?

Also, apparently they don't have any fun fighting to open structures...which is not a great look when designing a territory control game. They should seriously consider hiring [someone who knows how the territory control game works]

I've edited your quote, so that an Arenanet employee could read it more clearly.

I concur with your opinion and would very much like to see what would happen if such an employee were to appear.

It seems to me that there are many things that could be tried in terms of wall adjustments in order to make the capturing process more interesting. I believe we're currently in a situation where the game favours a specific types of attacker (giant group, aka zerg) - especially now that pulls and other crowd control abilities are way more common than their counters (such as Stability).

The knock-on effect is that the traditional counters to siege, i.e. disablers and counter-siege are themselves death-traps - countering big groups is now too difficult.

I posit that Just because you bring a giant group, doesn't NECESSARILY mean you should get a free cap (effortless capture). -we're losing players because it appears that Arenanet don't agree.

Why bother trying to defend anymore?

Generally if you want to counter a big group, you should bring a big group of your own.

If you can't be bothered to cohesively work together to stop the enemy, you deserve to lose the structure.

If you don't have enough people to form a big group, that is a different problem that doesn't have to do with wall health or territory control.

As much as I like this game mode (wvw only) for many years, I stopped pve at HoT. There’s just no point to bash your head against the wall of silence regarding meaningful changes to our favoured game mode anymore. I salute those who try, but there’s other things to potentially spend your money and more importantly time on.

There will always be more profit in mass pve modes, events etc so that’s where resources go. And tbh after a few weeks I don’t really miss it as all but a few guildies and friends have long since left for other (not necessarily) greener pastures.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:I've edited your quote, so that an Arenanet employee could read it more clearly.If an Anet employee hasnt read it in 2 years, why would they want to read it more clearly now?

Without any acknowledgement whatsoever, we can only assume that it was too opaque for said people to comprehend the first time around.