The Departing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Arenanet needs to fix this issue. Obviously, since I see all these posts and it happened to me. I get to the end talk to Joki try to get to the portal or do not even make it to the portal on 2nd try game crashes. There has to be a fix Arenanet needs to fix this. This is annoying and making it so others cannot finish the stories.... ):

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't get past the fight with Balthazar. Done that battle 6 times so far today and it just crashes right when he is about to kill me. I've done all the troubleshooting that I have found and still can't get past that part. 2 years and this issue is still there with no perm fix?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Still not fixed.

I just had the dc at balthazar twice and twice at the joko line "I don't need you." This instance, to add insult to injury is the longest tedious, most non fun instance ever. Way to long grindy annoying fights (2 of them), endless talking and bugs that needs you to do it all again. I don't think I can face a 3th time doing it all.... for the second time. My first character who done this way back had the same problem. Now i recall why I didn't want to finish the bloody story ever again. Which is a shame as story is the part I like best in the game. Also each try eats up all or a huge part of my available gametime.

@"zeldara.4127" said:

I just had the dc at balthazar twice and twice at the joko line "I don't need you." This instance, to add insult to injury is the longest tedious, most non fun instance ever.

I think it's one of the best story missions in the game - but having to restart all over due to disconnects is indeed intolerable.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's now 2021. I just heard from my brother that this issue STILL isn't fixed.

This should not be the responsibility of the players to troubleshoot, especially not after YEARS. Even a simple fix of semi-frequent checkpoints could vastly alleviate some of the frustration, as this is an arduously long episode.

Even after years this story and others like it are extremely relevant to progression; things like this should be among the top priority for developers to address. I'm trying to bring you clients, for crying out loud; work with me here!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 10/24/2017 at 2:53 PM, Lanhelin.3480 said:

I suggest to limit FPS to 30 in graphics settings and to keep doing something during dialogue sequences (running around, jumping, using skills) to keep the graphics card busy. My suspicion: it is a programming issue I also encountered in other games like ESO and Witcher 3: when the graphics card has nearly nothing to do in such sequences its usage drops significantly, but then when something should happen and in case fps are set to unlimited the card performs significantly high in less than a second. This high difference of voltage causes a gpu signal drop out for a milli- or even nanosecond and results in a disconnection (single player games would crash). In other games this can happen in dialogue sequences too or menues or inventory where the gpu usage drops to under 5% and suddenly jumps to 100%. The FPS limitation prevents the high voltage difference. And doing something keeps the gpu usage higher to prevent it even further.

Edit:These dcs I also got in every single dungeon after watching a video or in the second after other party members finished to watch them. Yesterday and after limiting fps and doing something while the others watched I got no dc in Sorrows Embrace. I dared to watch the video in Citadel of Flame right before the last boss instead of cancelling it and guess what happened - I got a dc.But I was able to finish the second PoF Story mission on two characters where I always got a dc in the dialogue sequence right before I should get the fire extinguisher.

This actually worked for me today (after first crash on Palawa Joko dialogue part "I don't need you").
I've set framerate to 30, went fullscreen mode instead of windowed fullscreeen and after with with Eater of Souls, I've kept jumping and spinning my character like a crazy to keep my graph card entertained.
Had no issues with dialogue this time, Joko finished his chit-chat and I've completed story with no issues.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

It's 2022 and I've just gotten to this story point and having this exact issue, on that exact line with Joko - "I do need your army, but I don't need you."

Going to try running around and lowering framerate and going straight up to the portal to see if it works. Will edit this post if it does.

Edit: It worked - lower to 30fps, spammed all my f1 skills as guardian and walked up the portal early. 

Edited by Hermos.2389
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Experienced this problem, found this thread, tried the limiting fps etc. managed to go through the portal only to get disconnected after some dialog.....really not in the mood to go through it all again and maybe even get another disconnect. Can't believe this has been here since 2017. It's really taken me out of the flow of the story and makes me not want to continue 😕

• 1 year later...