Astralaria Next Step After Final Collection?

My hope is that someone can simply confirm what I do next, which might just be to craft the components in the Mystic Forge.I completed all 4 collections for Astralaria (my first legendary attempt) but don't know what to do next. It appears that I gather all the components and start crafting using the Mystic Forge. Is that correct? I was expecting some in-game guidance on this.That's it, that's all I want to know. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

When you say you have completed all collections for Astralaria i assume you already have crafted the Precursor The Mechanism.

If that is the case then yeah the next step is gather/craft all the remaining parts and start combining them in the mystic forge

Thishttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Astralaria#Full_material_listshould give a good overview what else is needed, what needs to be combined in the MF and what else needs to be crafted.

You can also take a look at the crafting calculator for Astralaria on gw2efficiency.com. If you create an account and put in your API key (instructions on the site), it will even take into account what you already have and what you still need to get (if anything) when it lists the crafting steps. Good luck! Astralaria was my first legendary and I still love it!

There is no game guidance and never has been for making an actual legendary. They were originally designed to be a discovery thing, but now players just go to Wiki once they have the precursor of choice to see the next steps.

The crafting is just for the precursor. There's a long way to go for the legendary itself

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I have the Mechanism and am ready to go, apparently! I just wanted to make sure I was not missing something so thank you for confirming.

I completely forgot about gw2efficiency.com. Duh 2 me! I'm going to check that out. While I have a lot of some materials, I'm behind on things like Memory of Battle and even mastery points for exalted. Oh, and I'm glad to hear you still like Astralaria! I picked it because it is so cool looking but also because it can be used across more characters than any other weapon.

@Randulf.7614 said:There is no game guidance and never has been for making an actual legendary. They were originally designed to be a discovery thing, but now players just go to Wiki once they have the precursor of choice to see the next steps.

The crafting is just for the precursor. There's a long way to go for the legendary itself

I have The Mechanism, isn't that the precursor? I was just looking for information about what to do next.

@FattyLumpkin.3420 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:There is no game guidance and never has been for making an actual legendary. They were originally designed to be a discovery thing, but now players just go to Wiki once they have the precursor of choice to see the next steps.

I have The Mechanism, isn't that the precursor? I was just looking for information about what to do next.

Yes. There is still a long way to go after you have that, but as I said, there is no in game guide beyond the precursor which is just one stage of the process. Only the wiki has the lists of all the materials you need next.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Astralaria

It does give a decent breakdown of what you need though if you scroll down about halfway

If you are going through collections one of the NPCs(IIRC it is Hobbs) does send you some mail about what to do next after completing certain steps. I never bothered to read those since I already crafted plenty before that system was added but it should have provided some information about what to do next ...