When will Weaver follow the Mirage?

Akilles.4320

Like the title says, when it will be enough of the infinite frame loops and still able to burn to death everyone?No counters, has to be focus by 2 or 3 players.I know the problem with Renegades and Heralds at higher ranks and AT's, but right now Weaver is has broken has it used to be with Mirages and even those had some counters.Impossible to enjoy a PvP game if the other team got a sword Weaver and you don't.

@Akilles.4320 said:Like the title says, when it will be enough of the infinite frame loops and still able to burn to death everyone?No counters, has to be focus by 2 or 3 players.I know the problem with Renegades and Heralds at higher ranks and AT's, but right now Weaver is has broken has it used to be with Mirages and even those had some counters.Impossible to enjoy a PvP game if the other team got a sword Weaver and you don't.

There are no infinite frames...no weaver build require more than 1 player...The spec itself is subpar unless played by skilled individual

• Like 1

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Akilles.4320 said:Like the title says, when it will be enough of the infinite frame loops and still able to burn to death everyone?No counters, has to be focus by 2 or 3 players.I know the problem with Renegades and Heralds at higher ranks and AT's, but right now Weaver is has broken has it used to be with Mirages and even those had some counters.Impossible to enjoy a PvP game if the other team got a sword Weaver and you don't.

There are no infinite frames...no weaver build require more than 1 player...The spec itself is subpar unless played by skilled individual

Ofc fire waever is only for ultra instinct ... lol

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:

While using a core ranger I killed all fire weaver not played by Top ele I have been killed by Top spellbreakers while using fire weaver myself.

The amount of Top eles I consistently lose to...can be counted on a single hand

Would I suddenly start to lose against somebody who started ele not long ago...I would agree with you...

I seen upstart nobody losing to @Blamthrax.9785 And then proceed to cry wolf and how balance is unfair

I believe in something called skill level

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:

Average ele player uses just ToF , it's easy to read average ele...anybody who plays an ele and then have to face one...will know when and how to dodge..And when cc you

The vast majority of those losing to a fire weaver simply go ham mode while ele is using primordial...has just switched to fire(hence triggering fire aura) or has ova skin up (hint-it's the only source of stability..a single stack)

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Well I'm sure that is not true, for the majority of the PvP players.And if it isn't infinite seems like it very much, more they do too much of everything.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

While using a core ranger I killed all fire weaver not played by Top ele I have been killed by Top spellbreakers while using fire weaver myself.

Would I suddenly start to lose against somebody who started ele not long ago...I would agree with you...

I seen upstart nobody losing to @Blamthrax.9785 And then proceed to cry wolf and how balance is unfair

Not everyone playing PvP are Top, so the rules shouldn't revolve around top players, but the majority of the players.

@Akilles.4320 said:

Well I'm sure that is not true, for the majority of the PvP players.And if it isn't infinite seems like it very much, more they do too much of everything.

Not everyone playing PvP are Top, so the rules shouldn't revolve around top players, but the majority of the players.

The game has always been balanced based the "feedback" coming from the top....if not for that you would not be here as whatever you're playing right now would have been nerfed to the ground a long long time ago, if things would be balanced around anything but the top then : guardian-necromancer-engineer-ranger would sit at the bottom of the food chain and not the opposite being true

Playing ele is anything but a walk in the park and this comes from somebody who played an ele for 8k hours, now on other professions I can perform equally or 2x more while having spent on them only 1/8 of the time, where I lose duels on ele....I win with close to no effort while using some other professions, that's the skill difference required to perform above average only on this class

These days I barely even use ele...I just stick to guardian/ranger and achieve 2-3x more while having 10x more fun

@"Arheundel.6451" said:

The game has always been balanced based the "feedback" coming from the top....if not for that you would not be here as whatever you're playing right now would have been nerfed to the ground a long long time ago, if things would be balanced around anything but the top then : guardian-necromancer-engineer-ranger would sit at the bottom of the food chain and not the opposite being true

And the feedback always been balanced around top, where it brought us?You consider this PvP mode successful?Perhaps is time to change, no?

People complaining around guardians, necros, engis and rangers are new to the game or completely clueless how to PvP, everyone of those got a counter, Weaver not.

@Akilles.4320 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:

The game has always been balanced based the "feedback" coming from the top....if not for that you would not be here as whatever you're playing right now would have been nerfed to the ground a long long time ago, if things would be balanced around anything but the top then :
guardian-necromancer-engineer-ranger
would sit at the bottom of the food chain and not the opposite being true

And the feedback always been balanced around top, where it brought us?You consider this PvP mode successful?Perhaps is time to change, no?

People complaining around guardians, necros, engis and rangers are new to the game or completely clueless how to PvP, everyone of those got a counter, Weaver not.

I will not disagree saying Weaver is weak. It is good, situational, but a good side noder.

It is in no way opressive though. It has counters. Strong burst and CC spam being two of them. Druid usually wins on side nodes over time due to knockback-immob spam. Revenant and Thief can be very deadly.

If the other outliers are adjusted, Weaver needs adjustments too. Less projectile hate, some less random barrier spam. Dodges are not the issue though - they have gotten huge CD increases (ToF is on a 75 seconds CD!). I like that they shiftet the sustain away from those, locking Weaver into the water/earth spam.

But only if lots of other builds are adjusted too.

There is indeed some burning spam. Some is quite sustainable, but the major bursts are detectable (Primordial Stance, Pyro Vortex). What class are you playing? Maybe one can help you?

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Fire weaver is strong yes, but there are only 2 ways they should be able to kill you. 1 is if you blindly attack them and facetank their aoe. 2 is if they bait your cds and then cc burst you. Its a side noder build, they can hold a node but are easy to kite and they have their weaknesses in 1v1s.

In this day and age of Gw2, it's way too much to ask to stop blindly attacking and adapt, because the game should be about fun, and it's not fun when something can kill you. Nerf it. That's the creed of gw2 balancing, always nerf because that's the only way to do things in this game. obviously the game is much more healthier this way :+1:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

The game has always been balanced based the "feedback" coming from the top....if not for that you would not be here as whatever you're playing right now would have been nerfed to the ground a long long time ago, if things would be balanced around anything but the top then :
guardian-necromancer-engineer-ranger
would sit at the bottom of the food chain and not the opposite being true

Playing ele is anything but a walk in the park and this comes from somebody who played an ele for 8k hours, now on other professions I can perform equally or 2x more while having spent on them only 1/8 of the time, where I lose duels on ele....I win with close to no effort while using some other professions, that's the skill difference required to perform above average only on this class

These days I barely even use ele...I just stick to guardian/ranger and achieve 2-3x more while having 10x more fun

If the feedback from the top is why the game is where it is now......

The only problem I have with weavers are the unblockable hard CCs (mud slide, shocking aura, gale) which also deal damage thanks to lightning rod .Now, that may be just my feeling, but I believe unblockable CCs are a big cancer through the whole game and I think only thieves should be allowed to access such a thing... because disrupting bunkers should actually be their job. It's a... sort of strong class in the right hands? Definitely not underpowered, but not overpowered either, it requires some skills to use it properly and I respect that.

Well

This fire weaver we have now is a nerfed version of that post feb patch, i mean, Obsidian Flesh is worse and might trait has been nerfed. Even tho, that weaver was bad, so weaver is not better, every thing else is worse, and its counters got gutted

So ya, it will get nerfed, so you better start learning how to fight rangers, warriors and most likely condi herald again cuz those classes alomg with necro and supp core guardian will rule pvp after weaver and trapper runes get nerfed

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@"Akilles.4320" said:The ranked system and the matchmaker are the most serious problems PvP has right now.But people like to opt for the easiest way which is to ask for nerfs.

Am I reading it wrong? or are you now asking for the easy way and to nerf?:eyes:

And those 2 problems are still the worst in PvP right now, but by the time I wrote that, every build meta or not, had a counter, mostly, right now Weaver counters got nerfed so you Weaver players here defending that it is fine, you know that's a lie.Basically Weavers got too much of everything, while their counters got nerfed, Weaver nerfs aren't on pair, it needs to be tuned down.

@Khalisto.5780 said:Well

This fire weaver we have now is a nerfed version of that post feb patch, i mean, Obsidian Flesh is worse and might trait has been nerfed. Even tho, that weaver was bad, so weaver is not better, every thing else is worse, and its counters got gutted

So ya, it will get nerfed, so you better start learning how to fight rangers, warriors and most likely condi herald again cuz those classes alomg with necro and supp core guardian will rule pvp after weaver and trapper runes get nerfed

Exactly.

@"Khalisto.5780" said:Well

It doesn't matter really...you could put Obsidian flesh on a 180s CD and you'd still have people claiming that ele is fine as they can go d/f and be invulnerable, dunno what else there is left to nerf on weaver:

-Primordial stance nerf - check-Fire line Burning rage trait nerf - check-Lava Skin nerf - check-Obsidian Flesh - check x 4 ( from 30 to 40, from 40 to 50, then changed to channeling and then from 50 to 60...people still bloody cry)-Riptide nerf - check x 3-Earthen vortex nerf - check x 2-Twist of Fate nerf - check-Stability uptime nerf - check-Barrier base numbers nerf - check

I stop here but yeah...you still get people crying for more nerfs and they will do so until playing ele will means that you go out of the base with an automatic message blinking on top of your character saying : "Kill me for an additional free 5 pts"

I'm still waiting for properly designed Weaver elite specialization which isn't clunky af to use, slow and doesn't rely on luck to get a hit with it's 130 range (Dagger, shorter weapon, longer reach; Sword, longer weapon, shorter reach).As for now, Weaver is just some kind of cheap Thief ripoff with cooldowns, I would rather see a complete skill reworks on it, not just some pepe -10% here and there.Personally I think currently there are more broken things than Weaver.