Aurene must die </3

Svetli.4276

@Stephen.6312 said:

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:Because I've been given no reason to think that the Spirits of the Wild are evil, they've done nothing or said nothing to make me think this is the case.

To each their own, I guess. I do wonder, though, if part of the problem is viewing all of these things through a moral lens.

Or maybe the problem is viewing things through a relativistic lens.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Tyson.5160" said:Yet Sadizi does say entities and not strictly Elder Dragons which would fit nicely for the Spirits of the Wild, especially if they are balancing the magic with one another. They may also need Braham in terms of harnessing the power too, which may take him out of the story for a while.

Well, it certainly would make for a
great
turn of events. I prefer Norn mythology over Asuran sciene explanation and Elder Dragons - it would help steering Guild Wars back into the genre of classic fantasy, which would make for exciting story-telling instead of boring magi-tech blahblah.

I actually enjoy the scientific approach to this stuff.

The game is still heavily based on fantasy. But scientific approaches to magic enables way better storytelling in my opinion. The best magic systems I encountered so far have been in romans which had pseudo-scientific explanations about how magic actually works.Because this attaches rules and mechanisms to magic.

Without these, magic will serve as a deus ex machina in any given situation. If you don't clearly define what magic really is and how it works/what it can do, then you can always use the cop out of "the character suddenly uses a magic spell that does this and that and BOOM, they are saved!". Which is.... extremely boring.If your magic system has clear rules, which are communicated with the audience, then you can create situations which can not easily be solved through some magic mambo-jambo and your characters have to find a more creative way to solve situations.