Before You Tear Your Eyes Out for QQ Nerfs - Do This

Onlyflameone.2136

Hello GW2 community. Hello Devs.Much Love from me.

I adress this to PvP.I am forwarding this topic to all the people who constantly make cry posts about nerfings.

Before you tear your eyes out for QQ nerfs - do think about it.

I have been playing GW2 for some time now, pvp mostly, and have learned that every single class has pros and cons. But every single class has a counter build VS builds that are considered as Meta and OP.

Prove me wrong?

If you say condi guard is powerful and one-shots a thief, think about it. Good thiefs will one-shot guardian, becouse they know how. For example, they may spec for lot of boon removings, since guardian is a alot boon dependent, and maybe a good thief will add some condi cleaning abilities. The point is - a good thief will never complain, he knows he needs more effort to kill condi guard, but he can.

I've played 1/3 from classes myself, figuring out how to counter something that has crushed me and I do manage to find the right build and playstlye.

I think the problem about QQ nerf threads comes from the one desire you want Your playstyle and one and only class build become meta and to counter everything. No, you can counter few classes and builds but you will be vulnarable VS others. Every class can counter every class but most likely you will have to change lot of things with your build and playstyle to counter sometimes something rare and specific.

Thank you Devs for the quality of experience with this game.Thanks for the great community here.

Best wishesOnyflameone

I have been playing GW2 for some time now, pvp mostly, and have learned that every single class has pros and cons.

Some more than others. Not to sound like a broken record, but revenant's been the king of power builds for a lengthy while now.

Good thiefs will one-shot guardian, becouse they know how.

Thief isn't one-shotting anyone in 2021. Especially not a guardian. In WvW that's possible, but leaves you glass against anything except NPCs.

The point is - a good thief will never complain, he knows he needs more effort to kill condi guard, but he can.

There's only so much skill difference equalization a veteran player will take before leaving. The current PvP meta is one of the most skill-negating metas I've ever seen.

I think the problem about QQ nerf threads comes from the one desire you want Your playstyle and one and only class build become meta

This isn't League of Legends. You should be able to play anything you want without being hard-countered as long as you got the skill and experience to back it up. The issue with bunker metas is, you end up with a very strict selection of builds that are viable. More so than usual. As long as you're able to kill the enemy, your build is - to some extent - viable.

@Onlyflameone.2136 said:Hello GW2 community. Hello Devs.Much Love from me.

I adress this to PvP.I am forwarding this topic to all the people who constantly make cry posts about nerfings.

I have been playing GW2 for some time now, pvp mostly, and have learned that every single class has pros and cons. But every single class has a counter build VS builds that are considered as Meta and OP.

Prove me wrong?

If you say condi guard is powerful and one-shots a thief, think about it. Good thiefs will one-shot guardian, becouse they know how. For example, they may spec for lot of boon removings, since guardian is a alot boon dependent, and maybe a good thief will add some condi cleaning abilities. The point is - a good thief will never complain, he knows he needs more effort to kill condi guard, but he can.

I've played 1/3 from classes myself, figuring out how to counter something that has crushed me and I do manage to find the right build and playstlye.

I think the problem about QQ nerf threads comes from the one desire you want Your playstyle and one and only class build become meta and to counter everything. No, you can counter few classes and builds but you will be vulnarable VS others. Every class can counter every class but most likely you will have to change lot of things with your build and playstyle to counter sometimes something rare and specific.

Thank you Devs for the quality of experience with this game.Thanks for the great community here.

Best wishesOnyflameone

Thats maybe so in some cases, but I play Ranger not Soulbeast, and right now Necros, Burn Guardians, Revenants, Thiefs all the classes that can cast Torment are doing far far far to much damage! Its ridiculous! I shouldn't have to log out and onto another class just to play against the OP meme Specs!

Thats not good design, its not good for the game, and you defending it tells me you clearly need the crutch to play one!

@Shieldbash.5304 said:

@Onlyflameone.2136 said:Hello GW2 community. Hello Devs.Much Love from me.

Prove me wrong?

Best wishesOnyflameone

Thats maybe so in some cases, but I play Ranger not Soulbeast, and right now Necros, Burn Guardians, Revenants, Thiefs all the classes that can cast Torment are doing far far far to much damage! Its ridiculous! I shouldn't have to log out and onto another class just to play against the OP meme Specs!

Thats not good design, its not good for the game, and you defending it tells me you clearly need the crutch to play one!

I do not defend anything but I want people to think more. In your case you gave as example I can tell you, I have played ranger and ranger has one of the most defensive traits and cond removing traits and almost constant 33% dmg reduce (from dodge roll - trait). So if you spec for more dps you will loose defensive trees, just spec more defensive, and not to mention ranger can escape big time AoE - bursts and etc.