Balance patch VS Ban Wave

Khalisto.5780

@Filip.7463 said:

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:Bala bc, when u get banned just create a new ftp acc ...

those bots are farming gold, which means they're useless as free accounts

U can transfer gold via black lion. Idk if its legal to write the way here.

The amount of work to do that is abysmal. You gotta post it and the othet person has to buy it instantly.

Unless you selling it cheaper i don't see ppl willing to do that, transfering 100 gold would take hours

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:Bala bc, when u get banned just create a new ftp acc ...

The amount of work to do that is abysmal. You gotta post it and the othet person has to buy it instantly.

Unless you selling it cheaper i don't see ppl willing to do that, transfering 100 gold would take hours

bots can do it faster

@Khalisto.5780 said:

U can transfer unlimited amount of gold in less than 5minutes.

Simple answer for me:We know when the next balance patch will be latest: with EoD and introduction of new elites specializations. I can wait that long especially given the hype we might get IF new elites get previewed. So while I would love to have seen 1-2 balance patches in the meantime, I can live without.

Bots and hackers on the other hand grow bolder and when unchecked spread further and further. Besides it looking bad to new players and making the game look bad overall, it negatively affects players in game modes (especially hackers). Have Arenanet do a massive ban wave, if only to increase revenue and force these players to repurchase new accounts, then ban those new accounts as well and just keep making money off of game purchases.

I'd be happiest with a ban wave and a slight change.

The following cc skills deal damageWarrior:Headbutt (0.8)Bull charge (0.6)Hammer 5 (0.4)Ground stomps (zerker one and physical stunbreak one) (0.3)

GuardianHammer 4 (0.6)Spirit hammer (0.3)

Revenant:Glint elite knockback (0.5)Shiro elite (0.4)Staff 5 (0.3)

RangerAxe 4 (0.8)

EngineerHolo elite (0.5)Nerf holo 1 PvP by 20%Holo 5 (0.3)Scrapper explosion gyro (0.8)Big ol' bomb (0.8)

Thief:Daredevil elite (0.3, 0.3, 0.6)

ElementalistFocus water 5 (0.3)Meteor shower no longer reduced dmg per hit in PvP (no -20% per hit)

NecromancerReaper elite (0.4)Minion elite (0.3)

Mesmer:Greatsword 5 (0.3)Chrono elite (0.2, 0.3, 0.5)Pistol 5 (0.3)

With these small adjustments, and the removal of the hackers, bots and afkers. I would be most happy. Too bad it'll never happen.?

no amount of balance can compensate for hacking. so what if your build is strong if a guy is teleporting all over the place? hackers running free spelled the end of a game i used to love, i wouldn't be surprised if thats how it goes for all games. if i'm a new player i'm certainly not sticking around long if hackers are running around and the mods aren't doing anything about it.

Balance. If you balance the game properly, not only do you preserve its shelf life, but the cheaters using hacks will be easier to deal with all in one blow, until they actually start to move with bans on those said players.Also, balancing is a good business move in the realm of gaming and helps keep an audience around longer, meaning the game thrives and continues to provide service longer. That is, GOOD balance. Bad balance has the opposite effect.Analogy I like to use is milk. One gallon is placed in the fridge (good balance) and one gallon is left out during the summer (bad balance).

@Khalisto.5780 said:Which one would you like right now?

The results for this probably will be influenced by what rank players are. People in Low Gold-Mid Silver (where most of the bots are) probably would see a ban wave as being significantly more beneficial to our game experience, but players higher who see bots less often probably desire a balance patch more.