Casual player needs help with solo open world Guardian Build !

Most of theGrant ... to nearby allies when ...work for you as well. So the answer is YES. You do a critical hit, you gain that might.

Your might-sources are

When camping Greatsword and using the auto-attack-chain, you can maintain a healthy stack of might on the go. That is why I said boon-management is reduced to fury. Might generation works automatically in the background without the need to keep an eye on it. Starting with small steps.

Obviously DH and FB are a lot more powerful than Core. So @Ashantara.8731 is totally correct with her statement.

You should have a look WoodenPotatoes builds Some of his open world builds refreshed my ideas and brought me back to classes I'd long since abandoned. Used to be that I couldn't stand ele, but after tinkering with his tempest build I really enjoy the class. Gave me some tips on doing better with my OW firebrand, too.

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 Thanks :-)

@Ashantara.8731 I'll keep that in mind and will switch to FB or DH as soon as I feel comfortable enough with my boons management (or to the next elite if the next extension is released before I managed to learn this class ^^')

@wolfyrik.2017 Thanks for the advice :-)It's the build I had when I opened this thread, it's a nice build, I like the overall feeling except for the sustain, it feels to me that mistakes are not so easily forbidden. I'm curious about how you manage your sustain.When I was using this build, I always had the feeling to not being able to heal myself properly. When there was multiple tanky mob that I couldn't kill quickly (hence no f1 reload) I could only see my life slowly be drained as I was using all my blocks/blind/heal skills and finally die with all my skills on CD. Any advice ?

@"Eliostros.7865" To be honest other than usual "learn all the skills and use them" type approach the only advice I can give is don't get bogged down build. Some people's builds just won't work for the way you play. You have to experiment with the skills, figure out what would make yours better for you. Besides that, don't attach yourself to a particular profession.The different races and classes play so differently that it's a waste to try perfect one character. I started out with my usual rpg faves thief and ranger, ended up ditching them for something I never imagine I'd enjoy, engineer and Necromancer. Now, years later, my main is a torment Mirage (mesmer) but at the moment I've got a warrior and an Elementalist going too. My partner mains Mesmer and Necro.I've a character of every class, two of some and I pretty much play them all at some point. There's to much in the game to miss out on. If you're really stuck, read some class guides for ones you haven't tried or roll the dice on a new character. See as much as you can then come back to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I gave another try to the wooden potato's build, with some adjustments. I think I'm starting to getting a grip on it. I guess that I had to learn to not push all the buttons at once to make it work ^^

Thanks for all your replies and advice, it helped me to getting better at this game (still a casual, but a casual who can play end game without being killed be any trash who cross his path) :-)

• 8 months later...

@Eliostros.7865 said:Hello everyone,

I'm looking for an easy to play build for my guardian. Allow me to explain.

A lot of people seems to say that PVE is easy in this game and, when I was playing a reaper with a lot of pets, I used to agree with them. I could pretty easily face roll through the entire story, enjoying the narrative. However, now that I'm playing a guardian, life is not so easy anymore, I have the feeling to have much less sustain than my reaper.

I've tried the 3 solo build from metabattle (I've unlocked the 2 elite specs), I'v tried some builds from youtube (including the one from WoodenPotatoes) and I still have the feeling to die a lot more than my reaper. I'v the impression that all these builds are made for people who actually know how to play this class very well and who are pretty skilled.

Me, on the other hand, I'm not a really skilled player, I do step out of the red areas when I see them and I try to block some attacks when my CDs allow me to do so, but I miss a lot of active defenses.

Hence, could someone give me a build for a gardian (FB, core or DH) whith a good sustain in order to play solo the pve content ?

Bonus question : From my reading on this forum, my understanding is that anet did some big nerf on the guardian on march, do this nerf make last year builds obsolete ?

Thank you for reading and hope to read some advice :-)

yes same thing for me. I go into dungeons with a group or meta event I use a staff with my guardian because it has about a 30 sec life span with melee weapons or I spend most of time just running from spot to spot to avoid damage.