sig of vamp destroyed for no reason

Stand The Wall.6987

Yes, it seems like Signets were retooled to support very specific builds and functions. Signet of Vampirism favors melee a bit more since 2019 and Signets of Suffering almost belongs in Blood Magic, now. It definitely favors core power melee but healing power is also a larger factor than in the past.

The signet nerfs were anet balancing at its best.

Hardnerfed them, because core necro could stop shroud from degenerating with them while healing itself at the same time - overpowered without a doubt!

But: After the nerf, anet increased core shroud degeneration - which they could have done in the first place to not have to nerf the signets.

But I am sure that there is some deeper meaning in that - we plebs just don't get it.

• 1 month later...

it's strange. I've got 8 characters on this account, and the Scourge is suffering from keyboard entropy. Keys I strike while on the character do not translate into actions in the game. This is ONLY on my scourge; if I switch to other toons, everything works as expected.

• 3 weeks later...

@Coeruleum.9164 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Well... Focus and warhorn were destroyed for no reason as well. I can see a trend and it always involve life leeching effects.

Focus and warhorn are still meta for basically every reaper build and some scourge builds.

A cautionary note on the term meta; it can mean top-tier among all options (professions) or top-tier of trashy, limited options in a profession. Frame of reference is everything. (Why am I suddenly thinking of the state of Elementalist right now?) Anyway, saying focus and war horn are meta on Reaper when both are often paired with axe for ranged utility seems odd.

@Anchoku.8142 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Well... Focus and warhorn were destroyed for no reason as well. I can see a trend and it always involve life leeching effects.

Focus and warhorn are still meta for basically every reaper build and some scourge builds.

A cautionary note on the term meta; it can mean top-tier among all options (professions) or top-tier of trashy, limited options in a profession. Frame of reference is everything. (Why am I suddenly thinking of the state of Elementalist right now?) Anyway, saying focus and war horn are meta on Reaper when both are often paired with axe for ranged utility seems odd.

Well you need to have the offhands on weaponswap due to greatsword. And axe should be your main weapon on switch. I have a weapon item template set up to let me switch the offhand of the weaponswap set between focus and warhorn. Mind you, item templates cannot be swapped in combat. But using a template lets you be more easier flexible in swapping weapons/offhands.Sure warhorn got its damage amputated, but it still offers a speedbuff and breakbar damage. Which keeps it relevant.

@LucianDK.8615 said:Sure warhorn got its damage amputated, but it still offers a speedbuff and breakbar damage. Which keeps it relevant.

W5 shorter durration while keeping long casting time for lausy effect makes no sense when you need it instantly and because of shorter duration you get no value of precast, no cripple, lifesteal doesnt work in shroud, and removed synergy with blood traitline that even has buffing trait for warhorn in it. Also cant crit and proc bleed for curse necros.(at least pvp)

Ye its has situational use but compared to old design this is pure garbage.

@Emapudapus.1307 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Sure warhorn got its damage amputated, but it still offers a speedbuff and breakbar damage. Which keeps it relevant.

W5 shorter durration while keeping long casting time for lausy effect makes no sense when you need it instantly and because of shorter duration you get no value of precast, no cripple, lifesteal doesnt work in shroud, and removed synergy with blood traitline that even has buffing trait for warhorn in it. Also cant crit and proc bleed for curse necros.(at least pvp)

Ye its has situational use but compared to old design this is pure garbage.

trust me, I am aware of how it got nerfed. But its still one of the better offhands.

@Coeruleum.9164 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Well... Focus and warhorn were destroyed for no reason as well. I can see a trend and it always involve life leeching effects.

SIg of vamp can also be "meta" (and effective) for melee fights on signet builds... Anchoku say it well, when you don't have good choices, even poor choices can be "meta".