It's time for transmutation charges and self style hair kits to go away!

Reaper X.6305

Please remove the need to use transmutation charges to change your gear's appearance, and put in-game barber shops in all of the capitol cities so that we can change our hair! It would be such a gesture of good will towards your player base. We all know Fashion Wars is a big selling point of this game, so please don't restrict it! Just have it cost silver in game if it must cost something. You can make up for the 'lost revenue' that this good will gesture would cause by adding other customization things, like player housing and furniture! You'll probably get a ton of good press (which means new players) for this move too. Please ANet, it's the right thing to do!

@Reaper X.6305 said:Please remove the need to use transmutation charges to change your gear's appearance, and put in-game barber shops in all of the capitol cities so that we can change our hair! It would be such a gesture of good will towards your player base. We all know Fashion Wars is a big selling point of this game, so please don't restrict it!

For a buy-to-play game with no pay-to-win, GW2 garners it's sustenance from cosmetic-only items.

As such, doesn't it behoove the company to leave them as-is?

@Blude.6812 said:I see what you did. Back door to the old and requested more times than I are to count dismissed by many housing request. No thanks to what you personally want disguised as something good for Anet. Good try though.

I don't understand what you're saying here at all. I admitted that removing transmutation charges and self style hair kits would be a loss of revenue, but a gain of good will. Housing is also another highly requested feature and I'm saying if they implemented that then they wouldn't miss the revenue of transmutation and hair kits.

@Reaper X.6305 said:

@Reaper X.6305 said:Please remove the need to use transmutation charges to change your gear's appearance, and put in-game barber shops in all of the capitol cities so that we can change our hair! It would be such a gesture of good will towards your player base. We all know Fashion Wars is a big selling point of this game, so please don't restrict it!

For a buy-to-play game with no pay-to-win, GW2 garners it's sustenance from cosmetic-only items.

As such, doesn't it behoove the company to leave them as-is?

Once players realize the amount of either time grinding, or real life money they must spend to participate in it, they will be turned off from the game as a whole.

I don't disagree with your other points.Where this one is concerned, gamers encounter many intermediary currencies specifically so that they WON'T realise.

Hard no. I really wish people would stop comparing GW2 and WoW. The business models are entirely different. Transmutation charges are easy to obtain and relatively cheap if one needs to purchase them. I prefer this current arrangement in lieu of a subscription model which would probably turn more players away.

@Reaper X.6305 said:but a gain of good willGood will and an empty sack is worth an empty sack.

Also, no. Would free stuff be great? Sure. And more free stuff is aways better, right? Hell yeah! So why not make everything free. You buy the game you get all the legendaries, all skins unlocked, all maps uncovered, all APs gained, it will be a great gain of good will...

@Reaper X.6305 said:Yep, even WoW in their latest expansion lets you change your entire sex and everything in the barber shop. You basically get to do the whole character creation window again there. It's sad that GW2 does not allow us to customize without paying premium.

but WoW charges you a fat transcription fee, while transmutation charges are easy and fast to earn in game.

Wow, people actually pay for transmutation charges? I have so many of them from just playing the game and doing some wvw (I'm a casual player, lucky if I get more than 1- 2 hours to play per day) Why on earth would you pay money for something that is already free in game if you put a little work into it? Sounds like you are just lazy and don't want to do the work to get them. Firm disagree both transmutations and style kits should be free or change how they are currently.

The cost to change appearance shouldn't ever be free in my opinion however the game is begging for an infinite use wardrobe/makeup....stone...thing and just make it cost gems (a small amount) to change the appearance of each item instead of coins like the salvage-o-matic. Have it convert all transmutation stones to 'free uses' and voila, no one loses.

"But I don't see a point to it, just buy stones..." I hear you say. The main draw would be having saved wardrobes. Change all clothing+hair at the press of a button. Now THAT'S Fashion Wars. No doubt ANET would want to change for extra slots but hey, not going to tell them how to monetise!

I have no issue with them staying or gone, but I want at least a decent wardrobe change UI. The build template system is too cumbersome to use as one. This game has an enormous array of changeable styles and yet the worst system for actually changing styles I've ever seen in an MMO.

I'd pay for wardrobe tabs like I do elsewhere, but the game needs something better than the current way of doing things. It's unbelievably antiquated

@choon.6308 said:Lotro has this feature from day 1. You can freely change the hair, face shape, skin color and even body shape from a barber for like 6 silver lol (6 silver in gw2 currency) so basically free

Lotro has nailed the system perfectly. it just lacks the range of styles and colours because it is constricted by the lore. GW2 would be a perfect fit for such a system