Kicked from my own first run group for not having a title

Pretty much why my fractal lvl is not over 50 and I will accept any player into dungeons and fractals. I don't care if you are a nomad staff camping druid or have zero agony resist. Its why charr fractal is my favorite; if I have to I WILL carry 4 players across the finish line.

Sadly this is also the reason why I will never get into raids, no noob/story mode. How do you even find enough people to do first run on hardcore content months after release without having to fill in with elitists?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, anything to do with raiding or CM in fractals are easily the most toxic areas of the game I've ever encountered, it seems that if you have the audacity to not run a premade and approved build then you "shouldn't" even try, seriously, I ran one CM, never again, I got laughed at because apparently a Chronomancer is dealing more damage then me on Firebrand, even though I told them up front this was my first time running a CM and I'm trying to figure this out and they said they were fine with that, I get its not the entire raiding community but, jeez, I get enough crap in my real life and I play GW2 to get away from this kind of toxicitiy

@Justine.6351 said:Pretty much why my fractal lvl is not over 50 and I will accept any player into dungeons and fractals. I don't care if you are a nomad staff camping druid or have zero agony resist. Its why charr fractal is my favorite; if I have to I WILL carry 4 players across the finish line.

Sadly this is also the reason why I will never get into raids, no noob/story mode. How do you even find enough people to do first run on hardcore content months after release without having to fill in with elitists?

I have to say that even higher level fractals like T3 and T4 are pretty chill about that sort of thing, but CM is another story entirely, hence why I don't play CM or raiding, I'm one of those crazy people that has the AUDACITY to want to run a homemade build I find fun instead of a preapproved "meta" build

@"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:I was running 100CM last night with a group of first timers. We got up to the final boss. Then, due to RL, people had to leave. So I LFGed for more, clearly marking the group as for first time 100CM players. 4 People joined me, then after one run (failed at 16%) demanded to see my title (all of them changed to theirs) and kicked me out when I reminded them the group was for first run people. Essentially, they just wanted to get the completion and stole my last boss instance.

This is why I keep saying we need to remove these kinds of titles. Give a group a method to say "you aren't leet enough for us" and they will use it to discriminate.

titles are pointless anyway i use essences as filter :)

• 3 years later...

Old thread, but since it was brought up again...

@"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:I was running 100CM last night with a group of first timers. We got up to the final boss. Then, due to RL, people had to leave. So I LFGed for more, clearly marking the group as for first time 100CM players. 4 People joined me, then after one run (failed at 16%) demanded to see my title (all of them changed to theirs) and kicked me out when I reminded them the group was for first run people. Essentially, they just wanted to get the completion and stole my last boss instance.

This is why I keep saying we need to remove these kinds of titles. Give a group a method to say "you aren't leet enough for us" and they will use it to discriminate.

Actually, just making the person who started a party of five the "squad commander" would easily solve the problem. This mechanic should have been introduced a long time ago.

Titles are fine.

P.S. One thing you learn quickly from creating groups in LFG: some people can't read or simply don't care.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Actually, just making the person who started a party of five the "squad commander" would easily solve the problem. This mechanic should have been introduced a long time ago.

That's how the game used to be until it was changed...Fun times when party leaders where demanding payment to keep the instance active. Or kicking whoever they like since they couldn't be touched.

Removing titles isn't a solution to that problem ... you don't think people will discriminate for other reasons?

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Actually, just making the person who started a party of five the "squad commander" would easily solve the problem. This mechanic should have been introduced a long time ago.

That's how the game used to be until it was changed...Fun times when party leaders where demanding payment to keep the instance active.

I wasn't talking about instance owners (it's a good thing that was removed!) but party leaders who can manage the group, just like a squad commander.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:Actually, just making the person who started a party of five the "squad commander" would easily solve the problem. This mechanic should have been introduced a long time ago.

That's how the game used to be until it was changed...Fun times when party leaders where demanding payment to keep the instance active.

I wasn't talking about instance owners (it's a good thing
that
was removed!) but party leaders who can manage the group, just like a squad commander.

So like party leader but instance dont close if they leave.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:Actually, just making the person who started a party of five the "squad commander" would easily solve the problem. This mechanic should have been introduced a long time ago.

I wasn't talking about instance owners (it's a good thing
that
was removed!) but party leaders who can manage the group, just like a squad commander.

How would that be any different that what we previously had? I mean, they could still kick whoever they want just to troll, and they would be immune to being kicked themselves so the only way around it would be to start all over again with a new group.

@Shaogin.2679 said:How would that be any different that what we previously had?

Huh?!

Instance owner = instance closes when they leave = totally pointless and stupid mechanic

Party leader = squad leader = manages who stays and who has to go

@Shaogin.2679 said:I mean, they could still kick whoever they want [...], and they would be immune to being kicked themselves

Exactly. That's what the OP needed in order to keep the intended function of the group they created (namely what was stated in LFG: beginners run) and not be kicked out of their own party.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Huh?!

Instance owner = instance closes when they leave = totally pointless and stupid mechanic

Party
leader
= squad leader = manages who stays and who has to go

@Shaogin.2679 said:I mean, they could still kick whoever they want [...], and they would be immune to being kicked themselves

Exactly. That's what the OP needed in order to keep the intended function of the group
they
created (namely what was stated in LFG: beginners run) and not be kicked out of their own party.

Yes but that could also be abused by party leader forcing people to finish if they dont want to start over from scratch.Rather have it like now when you need majorty people to be safe instead of dictatiorship.

The LFG tool is already profoundly bloated and requires a re-workBut it they did, perhaps the solution to OP's problem would be to first create an LFG tab for new/inexperienced and one for experienced so that people joining know what they are getting in to and manage their expectations accordingly."But then no one would join the inexperienced" - that might be the biggest drawback.I ran in to a similar issue trying to do the challenge modes for dragon champions. I don't have a guild due to my chaotic work schedule so I couldn't ask guildies. I tried LFG and asking on map chat, no one would join me. I ended up soloing them on my holosmith. (it's possible. It sucked and took me double the time but I did it.)

That is how the game is now. It's...not what it used to be. It's not fun if you don't have a group of people you know to play with or the time to learn a meta (and get meta gear) The only time you can PUG certain content is just after it's released but give it a week and no one wants to do it.

The real solution would be to re-introduce elements that don't encourage speed clearing. (Ie: don't make exhausting grinds as an achievement; give difficulty tiers to raid. Yes there will always be meta but for pve content don't make it necessary. )

@"Obfuscate.6430" said:would be to first create an LFG tab for new/inexperienced and one for experienced so that people joining know what they are getting in to and manage their expectations accordingly.who distrub write it in existing lfg notes? for example : "cm100 for dwd title hsg qfb cdps"

The real solution would be to re-introduce elements that don't encourage speed clearing. (Ie: don't make exhausting grinds as an achievement; give difficulty tiers to raid. so you suggest remove engare timer on raids? ok . But on fractal you not have that timer, so welcome.

@Obfuscate.6430 said:But it they did, perhaps the solution to OP's problem would be to first create an LFG tab for new/inexperienced and one for experienced so that people joining know what they are getting in to and manage their expectations accordingly.How would this have helped with the OP's problem? Griefers can just as easily jump into an inexperience group, enter the instance, and then kick the inexperienced players.

@Linken.6345 said:

Huh?!

Party
leader
= squad leader = manages who stays and who has to go

Exactly. That's what the OP needed in order to keep the intended function of the group
they
created (namely what was stated in LFG: beginners run) and not be kicked out of their own party.

Yes but that could also be abused by party leader forcing people to finish if they dont want to start over from scratch.Rather have it like now when you need majorty people to be safe instead of dictatiorship.

Exactly this. The system may be different in that if that party leader disconnects, everyone isn't booted from the instance, but all the exploits and trolling from back in the day would still be possible with the changes being proposed here.

Honestly the grouping tools in this game are the best of any mmo I have played so far. Random group finders may be easier to use, but you have no control whatsoever of the group you get placed with. With the LFG tool, you can go to the category you wish to make or join a group for, and specify exactly what you need for your group or find a group that is exactly what you are looking for. Honestly, PvP would be insanely better if it used the same LFG tool instead of the random group finder. Random group finders are what allow trolls, griefers, toxic, and afk players to do what they do. Sure, they still exist with LFG, and will always exist no matter what system you implement, but with the LFG tool, the players have the power to do something about by simply blocking the player's account and choosing to never group with them again. If it was a random group finder, chances are you would wind up getting grouped with that same player over and over, as we see with the current PvP system.

• 3 weeks later...

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:I was running 100CM last night with a group of first timers. We got up to the final boss. Then, due to RL, people had to leave. So I LFGed for more, clearly marking the group as for first time 100CM players. 4 People joined me, then after one run (failed at 16%) demanded to see my title (all of them changed to theirs) and kicked me out when I reminded them the group was for first run people. Essentially, they just wanted to get the completion and stole my last boss instance.

That's a horrible experience, I'm sorry you went through that. I would block every single one of those people and ideally do a kick vote if any one of them enter your group again.

@Rennie.6750 said:

@reikken.4961 said:that would have happened with or without titlesthere is only one possible fix for this (aside from instilling ethics into everyone on the planet), and that is giving the party leader powers like squad commanders have

There's another option: removing the ability to kick entirely. Many games don't have one, but they do have a good anti AFK detection script. That way, unhappy/sad players get no option but to leave, which is probably better for the rest of the team anyway.

Couldn't the person just press skill and move a little to stay in the instance? That would be similar to sPvP and bots have found a way around that.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Well, your group got hijacked, that's why there are huge discontent with elitist and so many elitist labels. I am not saying all elitist are kitten, some know the limit but plenty don't and will not feel guilty for anything.

Literally yesterday we were running raids with the guildies. We needed 1 DPS player so we put the lfg asked a very minimal for us 50 KP for a smooth run. A person has joined and said that he has put all his KP in the guild hall. We have decided to give him a try. 3 tries actually. He died twice at the beginning of the fight on a very simple mechanic, he had clearly no any kp. After he died on the 3rd try at 90% of the boss health we decided not to gg and lose another 10 minutes and kicked that person and finished the boss at 9. The person pmed us that we are elitists, flamed the commander and blocked us all. Nobody of our guild responded to him in any agressive way. The person got silentkicked, because he wasn't matching the requirements of the LFG and even there we let him try. Explain this now.

Every single time I allow no kp players join my groups this thing happens.

@Armen.1483 said:

@"SkyShroud.2865" said:Well, your group got hijacked, that's why there are huge discontent with elitist and so many elitist labels. I am not saying all elitist are kitten, some know the limit but plenty don't and will not feel guilty for anything.

Literally yesterday we were running raids with the guildies. We needed 1 DPS player so we put the lfg asked a very minimal for us 50 KP for a smooth run. A person has joined and said that he has put all his KP in the guild hall. We have decided to give him a try. 3 tries actually. He died twice at the beginning of the fight on a very simple mechanic, he had clearly no any kp. After he died on the 3rd try at 90% of the boss health we decided not to gg and lose another 10 minutes and kicked that person and finished the boss at 9. The person pmed us that we are elitists, flamed the commander and blocked us all. Nobody of our guild responded to him in any agressive way. The person got silentkicked, because he wasn't matching the requirements of the LFG and even there we let him try. Explain this now.

Every single time I allow no kp players join my groups this thing happens.

I've heard that one before.Nim8t2P.jpgJoins on wrong class and then blocks the commander :D That's also how I see most of the anti-KP crowd.