Runecrafter's Salvage-o-matic broken?

You sound like your misunderstanding salvage upgrades 100% of the time with recover (which it doesn't do). It'll breakdown and you'll get loot (Lucent Motes) 100% of the time and 20% chance to obtain Glob of Ectoplasm and Glob of Dark Matter from salvaging rare and exotic equipment. The description is pretty bad at explaining it in game but wiki does do a better job (I copy/pasted from there).

@Feyd Rautha.7298 said:Ahh, the wiki, just gives lucent motes, 'salvage' vs 'recover'. Slightly deceptive description. Don't buy this thing, ugh

It was changed with the rune/sigil update in 2018 or so. Maybe you can get a refund / give the item back if you start a ticket and explain it to ANet, but yeah, I don't see much point in the Runecrafter's since that update.

@Drakonhammer.2148 said:

@Feyd Rautha.7298 said:Ahh, the wiki, just gives lucent motes, 'salvage' vs 'recover'. Slightly deceptive description. Don't buy this thing, ugh

It was changed with the rune/sigil update in 2018 or so. Maybe you can get a refund / give the item back if you start a ticket and explain it to ANet, but yeah, I don't see much point in the Runecrafter's since that update.

The Runecrafter's Salvage-o-Matic was released after the rune/sigil-update.

@Schimmi.6872 said:

The Runecrafter's Salvage-o-Matic was released after the rune/sigil-update.

It was? I don't remember. Then I don't see the point of that salvage kit at all.

But what I mean is maybe one can get a refund if one explains having thought salvaging = recovering.