DRM CM rewards negated by new mastery?

I seem to recall getting 3 prismaticite crystals from doing a full CM. Now I'm getting just two which is the same as on normal. Is the new mastery overriding the CM rewards? My expectation was that I would get double the CM rewards (six), not less.

EDIT: Wiki confirms that you get three crystals on CM. So I'm not getting the full rewards for CM with the new boost on.

EDIT 2: It seems a poster continues to make things up about me well after a week of the thread being inactive. They first edited their post (right below this one claiming that I edited the posts after their final post in this thread. After I pointed out for them to check the timestamps, they slightly changed the accusation again. Why they're so obsessed with the personal attacks is beyond me. I've moved on from this thread as I do not care to do the CMs beyond the achievements. I suggest that they move on as well.

Many of my posts have edits because I'm lazy and do not proof read before posting. The OCD part of me goes back and fixes spelling errors and grammar issues.

EDIT 3: And they’re still doubling down. How funny that this means so much to them after the thread being inactive for over a week. Whatever fills the void for them caused by the pandemic I guess.

Edit: TL;DR the entire topic:Turns out that Ayrilana thought completing 3 challenges awards not only the Golden chest, but also the Silver and the Bronze ones.After learning this is not the case, they went to the previous post and promptly edited the "FYI" talking about the chests out, yet leaving the original post as if it's still valid.

I'm not aiming to throw any shade on them - besides for the obviously spineless edits - since their memory can still be correct, as the Wiki is far from perfect, and basically our only reference tool, but so far this post looks like false alarm.

End of TL;DR.

Aren't the chests only sparingly parting with Prismaticite?I might've just been spitting in the face of RNGzus too much lately, but I recall getting the crystals mainly as the daily reward (3 -> 2 -> 1), very rarely from drops.Unless the rewards scale with party size; the vast majority of my runs were solo, duo at most.

Edit II: Edited the first edit in light of "new" evidence. Ever tried mousing over the date in the top-right corner? Fabulous thing!

Edit III: We might not be able to see the edits, but I highly doubt the forum owners can't either. Your doubling down, Ayrilana, means nothing.

Edit IV: What can I say, I do hold truth in high regard - always have, by the by - and there's enough people running around trying to edit it out to keep their renown among faceless masses. To each their own void, hm?

@Vyr.9387 said:Aren't the chests only sparingly parting with Prismaticite?I might've just been spitting in the face of RNGzus too much lately, but I recall getting the crystals mainly as the daily reward (3 -> 2 -> 1), very rarely from drops.Unless the rewards scale with party size; the vast majority of my runs were solo, duo at most.

Doing normal, I would get one every single time from the chest. Doing CM, it was either 3 or 4 (probably 3). Party size doesn't matter. This is aside from the six from the daily and the two from the home instance node.

@Linken.6345 said:I think your mixing this up with defense seals right?Cm gave alot of those but Prismaticite was only from daily yea if I remember right.

No. You got these per DRM and they weren't daily restricted.

Just finished one Ebonhawk DRM:No mastery (bought the Dragon Crystal, though), no CMs, solo.Bronze chest (0/3, duh): karma thimble, common unid gear, emerald crystal, 2 darksteel ingots.3 crystals from the daily.The Bronze Chest drop research page claims similar results.

All in all, a pitifully small sample size, but it still brings Your memory, Ayrilana, into question, even if we disregard my run as already bugged (which would still at least show that the bug comes either from somewhere else, or from the crystal itself. A tiny step closer to the truth, but a step closer nonetheless).

On the other hand, the Gold Chest drop research page has exactly one crystal listed as looted in three runs, which would precisely explain the 3 or 4 crystal drops You mentioned.Then again, sample size of a religious anecdote.

@"Vyr.9387" said:Just finished one Ebonhawk DRM:No mastery (bought the Dragon Crystal, though), no CMs, solo.Bronze chest (0/3, duh): karma thimble, common unid gear, emerald crystal, 2 darksteel ingots.3 crystals from the daily.The Bronze Chest drop research page claims similar results.

All in all, a pitifully small sample size, but it still brings Your memory, Ayrilana, into question, even if we disregard my run as already bugged (which would still at least show that the bug comes either from somewhere else, or from the crystal itself. A tiny step closer to the truth, but a step closer nonetheless).

On the other hand, the Gold Chest drop research page has exactly one crystal listed as looted in three runs, which would precisely explain the 3 or 4 crystal drops You mentioned.Then again, sample size of a religious anecdote.

Every single day that I do normal DRMs three times, I get one outside of the daily achievement each time. I've been doing them daily since they came out. You get more if doing CMs.

Also, please look at the loot table.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bronze_Rank_Chesthttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Silver_Rank_Chesthttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gold_Rank_Chest

Additional materials while under the effect of a Dragon Boon, with the Crystal Forger mastery unlocked:

• Prismaticite Crystal

Additional materials while under the effect of an opposed Dragon Boon, with the Blade of Prophecy mastery unlocked:

• Prismaticite Crystal

I shouldn't have to be defending that you can get more than what's from the daily achievement when it's fairly evident when doing DRMs and documented on the wiki.

If You have the data, there's little I can argue with.I'm simply pointing out the fact that taking into account how well "ArenaNet" rhymes with "consistency" and that the crystals, no matter their listings in the Wiki's copied loot table, don't seem to appear as flawlessly in the player-fueled logs, relying on anybody saying "I remember" is the surest way to a cult.

Granted, my sole evidence is based on the research pages, and I've no idea how peer-reviewed, so to speak, they are by the Wiki admins.But if You've been doing the DRMs daily since they came out, You can simply count backwards all the Prismaticite You have.

! You get 22 for free from the Dragon Slayer Arms Master achievement,! Defending Tyria story awards 3,! Roaring Flames story awards another 3,! 6 per day from dailies,! 2 mined from the home instance node (Wiki claims the possibility of 1-2 here, but I've never seen anything else than two.),! and 5 can be chosen from the Icebrood Saga Material awarded by completing the Icebrood Saga Reward Track in WvW.!! 10 crystals are needed per ingot, and 3 ingots are needed per the original Dragon Slayer weapon, with 16 possible weapons, 480 crystals in total funneled into the set.! Since Truce's release (17th of November), it's been 92 days, excluding today (17th of February), which would mean 552 crystals solely from dailies, and thus 72 crystals spare after completing the aforementioned collection.! +22 from the DSAM achiev, +3 and +3 from stories, a beautiful 100 in total, excluding home instance, WvW, and today's dailies.!! Simply comparing this number to Your stash would probably shut me up in either case, since I ran out of ideas :D and was unable to calculate anything myself, as the only delightful thing about DRMs in my eyes - or, rather, ears - is April Stewart's voice acting, and I'm able to listen to that while actually enjoying the game.

@"Vyr.9387" said:If You have the data, there's little I can argue with.I'm simply pointing out the fact that taking into account how well "ArenaNet" rhymes with "consistency" and that the crystals, no matter their listings in the Wiki's copied loot table, don't seem to appear as flawlessly in the player-fueled logs, relying on anybody saying "I remember" is the surest way to a cult.

Granted, my sole evidence is based on the research pages, and I've no idea how peer-reviewed, so to speak, they are by the Wiki admins.But if You've been doing the DRMs daily since they came out, You can simply count backwards all the Prismaticite You have.

! You get 22 for free from the Dragon Slayer Arms Master achievement,! Defending Tyria story awards 3,! Roaring Flames story awards another 3,! 6 per day from dailies,! 2 mined from the home instance node (Wiki claims the possibility of 1-2 here, but I've never seen anything else than two.),! and 5 can be chosen from the Icebrood Saga Material awarded by completing the Icebrood Saga Reward Track in WvW.!! 10 crystals are needed per ingot, and 3 ingots are needed per the original Dragon Slayer weapon, with 16 possible weapons, 480 crystals in total funneled into the set.! Since Truce's release (17th of November), it's been 92 days, excluding today (17th of February), which would mean 552 crystals solely from dailies, and thus 72 crystals spare after completing the aforementioned collection.! +22 from the DSAM achiev, +3 and +3 from stories, a beautiful 100 in total, excluding home instance, WvW, and today's dailies.!! Simply comparing this number to Your stash would probably shut me up in either case, since I ran out of ideas :D and was unable to calculate anything myself, as the only delightful thing about DRMs in my eyes - or, rather, ears - is April Stewart's voice acting, and I'm able to listen to that while actually enjoying the game.

Research drop pages implies everyone logging all of their drops. Me stating "I remember" was recalling from memory without double-checking on the wiki first. The wiki confirms that it's three if you get the gold chest with the first boost. Counting what I should have obtained in total is a complete waste of time when I can verify that it's not providing rewards properly by simply doing a DRM with CMs.

I'm not going to argue with you about this any further and derail the issue that I'm seeing. Especially when you're ignoring the wiki pages with the loot tables and relying solely on the drop rate research pages.

The research drop pages are sorted by even the specific order of drops, so I imagine that, if the reporters (or, well, one) have been diligent enough to bother with this, they would also not randomly forget to mention five other crystals.

Besides, where does the Wiki confirm that you get three crystals with the gold chest and the first boost?I might be missing something, but each category has a number of picks stated immediately, with each item's possible count listed after said item, so it's "Three of the following items: Wool Scrap (2-5), Cotton Scrap (2-3), Linen Scrap (2-5)..."And the crystals have only a single pick with no count listed after the item.The golden chest doesn't even claim any number of crystals as a guaranteed drop, which, again, agrees with the drop research page....and is kinda weird, considering both previous chests have them as guaranteed drops.

If there's something truly derailing the issue that You're having, it's Your original post's first four words.Which seems equally as apparent to You, since You decided to promptly end the search once a tangible way to be more or less certain got presented.

Well danced, but I'd recommend better shoes.

@"Vyr.9387" said:The research drop pages are sorted by even the specific order of drops, so I imagine that, if the reporters (or, well, one) have been diligent enough to bother with this, they would also not randomly forget to mention five other crystals.

Besides, where does the Wiki confirm that you get three crystals with the gold chest and the first boost?I might be missing something, but each category has a number of picks stated immediately, with each item's possible count listed after said item, so it's "Three of the following items: Wool Scrap (2-5), Cotton Scrap (2-3), Linen Scrap (2-5)..."And the crystals have only a single pick with no count listed after the item.The golden chest doesn't even claim any number of crystals as a guaranteed drop, which, again, agrees with the drop research page....and is kinda weird, considering both previous chests have them as guaranteed drops.

If there's something truly derailing the issue that You're having, it's Your original post's first four words.Which seems equally as apparent to You, since You decided to promptly end the search once a tangible way to be more or less certain got presented.

Well danced, but I'd recommend better shoes.

Scroll further down the wiki page. I took an excerpt from it in a previous post.

I'm referring to exactly that part You took from the Wiki. Those two are the only mentions of the crystals on the entire page, and both have a different requirement.

If what You're saying about the chests is true, however, we've found the murderer AND the weapon, becausethe Wiki's article about DRMs states, and I quote:"Depending on the amount of challenges complete, one of these:

• Bronze Rank Chest (0/3 challenges)
  • Silver Rank Chest (1/3 challenges)
  • Gold Rank Chest (2-3/3 challenges)
    • Each chest contains karma, unidentified gear, upgrades, crafting materials, Tyrian Defense Seals and extra Prismaticite Crystals if the required Dragon Slayer masteries have been unlocked."