Drizzlewood Coast is a masterpiece.

ugrakarma.9416

The best "farming map" so far, very engaging meta development. Once i get used to map events, i get really addicted.

And the landscapes then, I was always obstinate by "cold forest" style landscape, we needed a breath of so much desert.

Even Dragonfall, in the background they use so much textures of silverwastes, that in the end it ends up being a mixture of silverwastes and heart of magumma (hot maps) assets. Worst of all: the base of operations at the beginning of the map, recalls the base of silverwastes with Airships and Pact soldiers.

Some argue that north meta was "lazy", but i guess not, its fit perfectly, if it was just a copy of south the players will be burned out of 2hrs doing same thing.

For me, it's the complete opposite. I find it to be the worst map in the game by far. It comes down to following a bus for 2 hours. You spend your time spamming 1 on the doors and bosses without mechanics/ hp sponges that do not require reflection.Even the lore is very bad and the decor bland.I hate what they did with the charr civil war. Everything is unimaginative without scale, ridiculous dialogues...As a gw1 player I imagine so much better for this race. We feel that the writers have not been the same for 3 years and that they do not know much about the history of the game. We no longer feel the soul of guild wars, everything is superficial

No frankly, the challenge on this map is not to fall asleep on your keyboard.

I hope I never see a Map like this in-game again, especially on the expansion.Drm and this place are the 2 worst things I have seen in guild wars for 15 years.

So it's a masterpiece of boredom and the representation of what a mmo should never do.

I dislike Drizzlewood. It’s just another mindless zerg-fest with no mechanics and a mess of visual clutters. I still do HoT metas on a regular base for fun, but avoid anything from PoF and later unless I have to. Almost every single meta from PoF and later are mindless, shallow, and/or repeat a simple mechanic for too long.

The south is fine, the north is too much and too wasteful with the map. Yes it is rewarding, but the whole thing lacks the simplicity of Silverwastes and the constant flow of Dragonfall which is still prob the best pure meta map.

Drizzlewood is a nice idea which is just too long and lacks the natural ebb and flow when populations are low - something which doesn’t affect DF or SW which can progress with almost any size population

I like the terrain design and map art. Flying around a griffon is super fun! Some reason flying out of the snow capped mountains and down towards the bridge and river, then through the forest is always fun. So A+ for aesthetics in my opinion.

The meta is okay I guess. I like that it kinda has a WvW feel, which is different than other metas, but I wouldn’t say it is super fun. Honestly, I don’t think most metas are fun anyway. Generally I have no clue what is going on and just follow the blob and collect loot. I usually do them once and rarely ever again in their entirety.

But yeah, I like the Drizzlewood map and definitely think it is the best Icebrood Saga map.

I couldn't agree more!I loved maps like The Silverwastes. Asking players to interact with the map and the events to progress it. Maps can move faster or slower based on how well the playerbase coordinate themselves. Drizzlewood Coast just feels like a natural evolution of that same idea.

In more recent years I've come to appreciate HoT maps. I hope that EoD will have a mix of maps that are similar to HoT and maps similar to Drizzlewood or Silverwastes

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:The best "farming map" so far, very engaging meta development. Once i get used to map events, i get really addicted.

And the landscapes then, I was always obstinate by "cold forest" style landscape, we needed a breath of so much desert.

Even Dragonfall, in the background they use so much textures of silverwastes, that in the end it ends up being a mixture of silverwastes and heart of magumma (hot maps) assets. Worst of all: the base of operations at the beginning of the map, recalls the base of silverwastes with Airships and Pact soldiers.

Some argue that north meta was "lazy", but i guess not, its fit perfectly, if it was just a copy of south the players will be burned out of 2hrs doing same thing.

Should have kept the ice wall, and split the meta in two with a timer. Would have prevented most of its current problems.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the map but dislike the whole meta chain. The south concept is fine but the events are super boring. There is really no challenge. Even when you are invading bases the enemies are just there not even responding to the invasion. They are often ignoring you and there is no feeling of defensive cohesion. For example, in Dragonstand you are being attacked by big waves of enemies (gauntlet) that are there to stop you. You are being ambushed by stalkers followed by big waves of enemies, unique champs and bosses until the final confrontation. The attacks need be organised or you will fail. In Drizzlewood south you just 1111 enemies that just stand there. Bosses are OK but nothing special or hard, just 11111 until dead. Many events can be soloed by attacking mobs on the fringes. In general mobs are hp sponges that don't really pose any threat. Even elites are impotent huge hp sponges.North should be a separate meta on a timer. How it is now you are either lucky to get to a map that just finished south or have to play forever. The meta is very standard, the visuals are nice but there is really no challenge, just 1111.Never in Drizzlewood, I had a feeling that we could fail the event. Not one monster or boss that would feel threatening. The only challenge is how to tag as many events and mobs as possible for max loot.Yes, I also miss Hot metas. Hey, even core metas/bosses are more thrilling.

I currently like Drizzlewood, Bjora Marches, and the Dragonfall zones the best. I think that is a testament to later zones being really well done. Grothmar Valley feels off to me. There is something weird about how it looks and performs. I am wondering if something happened to make development of that zone very stressed.

@radda.8920 said:Even the lore is very bad and the decor bland.I hate what they did with the charr civil war. Everything is unimaginative without scale, ridiculous dialogues...As a gw1 player I imagine so much better for this race. We feel that the writers have not been the same for 3 years and that they do not know much about the history of the game. We no longer feel the soul of guild wars, everything is superficial

:+1: I couldn't agree more. I was extremely disappointed with everything that followed after the first Bjora Marches release. Norn mythology completely wasted on characters like Braham and Jhavi, who both lack any depth and charisma, wasted potential of digging deeper into said mythology, and then the badly written and unimaginative charr story with childish dialogue, trivial characters, and full of modern speech that feels out of place. What a downer.

No frankly, the challenge on this map is not to fall asleep on your keyboard.

:sweat_smile: That's very true. At first it feels quite stressul to port around the map, later - once you get used to that - it becomes just tedious and boring. The only part I enjoy to some extent is when we storm the frost citadel.