Ranger Barrage is Broken in WvW

Zolazie Grengche.3051

The arrows do not count as projectiles. They are merely a visual effect. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Barrage

***A projectile is a ranged attack which must travel from the user to the target before dealing damage.

Most projectiles can be avoided by dodging, blocking or reflecting. Projectiles can also be obstructed by environment, or by other enemies in their way, though this can be negated by piercing. A few projectiles auto-track the target as it moves. Projectiles will travel further if they are fired from a height. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Projectile***

Why is that? I'm so tired of being in a structure and having a Ranger/s outside of the structure with ZERO line of sight, but still able to fire through walls, gates, etc. to destroy siege and down/kill players inside! Shouldn't a Ranger's arrows be a projectile that is blocked by structure's/environment? If Barrage is working the way you intend it to, let me know Anet. I will move on.

Since this is about fixes for ranger skills, can we also get a fix for axe 4, so it can pull players off walls (or in general - actually pull someone instead of randomly disappearing into nothingness or flying straight through players without doing anything)? You know, like other pull skills can do ...

@primatos.5413 said:kitten they just forgot to fix it..

Actually, it wouldn’t allow you to Target things inside the tower at one point, and within the last 18 months (ish as I know someone will have the actual date: here’s looking at YOU @"Balthazzarr.1349" )the developers changed it to its current function.

Also, if you are dying to barrage.......(more to the OP that you @primatos.5413 )

@primatos.5413 said:kitten they just forgot to fix it.. no other class can do so .. why should ranger? But they work so hard on balance and alliances lol so u know.. they forgot this and that ..

Can ele not do it with meteor storm? If not, it should be able to, makes more sense after all.

Real point - doesn't barrage work like AC's - at which point as long as they're consistent...

It dose not need LOS so they can target ppl behind walls and door even trees. Where Meteor shower is just a big aoe so it can hit what seems to be out side of its LOS but all AoE work this way. So what seems like MS hitting out side of its ranged the center of the MS must be with in the LOS of the caster like every thing else in this game but Barrage.

@Zolazie Grengche.3051 said:I should be able to shoot over walls as well with Toggle Action Camera and say, Mortar Kit, Grenades, Long-Bow on Guardian, or Warrior.

I won’t argue that point, but it was a deliberate change for ranger. Whether it’s liked or not...

@Strider Pj.2193 I never said I died to barrage....

Fair enough.

Don't assume my gender! D;

Not sure who this is referencing, but after reviewing I know I didn’t give a gender.

@Zolazie Grengche.3051 said:I should be able to shoot over walls as well with Toggle Action Camera and say, Mortar Kit, Grenades, Long-Bow on Guardian, or Warrior.@Strider Pj.2193 I never said I died to barrage....Don't assume my gender! D;

You need mortar kit and grenades even long bow to have a non block to hit there target. They do not need LOS but they need the arc of there skill not to run into any thing.

Barrage needs no LOS and most ranges do not know this like gurd lines. You can barrage behind a door if you down some one and can early kill them doing so. Barrage should just act like MS or any other AOE its odd that it dose not. They even nerfed dragon tooth because it could hit behind doors and walls.

I don't recall ever seeing it in any patch notes that Barrage is intended to ignore LOS. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It isn't the first thing to do so and later be fixed though. Coalescence Of Ruin used to go straight through gates and that was fixed, Oppressive Collapse used to be able to hit on walls, and that was fixed.This may be an unintentional change that ANet doesn't feel needs to be immediately fixed and will be addressed in a later patch.

Whether it is or isn't intentional, 99% of Rangers are too simple to capitalize on it anyway.

@"Zolazie Grengche.3051" said:The arrows do not count as projectiles. They are merely a visual effect. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Barrage

***A projectile is a ranged attack which must travel from the user to the target before dealing damage.

Most projectiles can be avoided by dodging, blocking or reflecting. Projectiles can also be obstructed by environment, or by other enemies in their way, though this can be negated by piercing. A few projectiles auto-track the target as it moves. Projectiles will travel further if they are fired from a height. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Projectile***

Why is that? I'm so tired of being in a structure and having a Ranger/s outside of the structure with ZERO line of sight, but still able to fire through walls, gates, etc. to destroy siege and down/kill players inside! Shouldn't a Ranger's arrows be a projectile that is blocked by structure's/environment? If Barrage is working the way you intend it to, let me know Anet. I will move on.

Well, A-net simply decided on some random pepe reasoning that Barrage doesn't need LoS and just let it be.After so long I still don't find any logical explanation why that skill doesn't have any kind of LoS requirement or even penalty like -80% dmg if it was casted without LoS on target.I still also question why PvP balance changes weren't implemented in WvW and adjusted, there's still so many broken things that should be instant deleted...

@Shroud.2307 said:I don't recall ever seeing it in any patch notes that Barrage is intended to ignore LOS. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It isn't the first thing to do so and later be fixed though. Coalescence Of Ruin used to go straight through gates and that was fixed, Oppressive Collapse used to be able to hit on walls, and that was fixed.This may be an unintentional change that ANet doesn't feel needs to be immediately fixed and will be addressed in a later patch.

Whether it is or isn't intentional, 99% of Rangers are too simple to capitalize on it anyway.

Found it from game release notes on May 8th, 2018: late release.

** Gray.6029Gaile Gray.6029May 8, 2018Late Notes: May 8, 2018

05/08/2018—May 8 Release Notes

Profession Skills

Ranger

Barrage: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being targeted in certain areas blocked by line of sight.Fanged Iboga—Consuming Bite: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from increasing its damage based on the number of conditions on the target.Canine—Crippling Leap (Soulbeast): Fixed a bug in which the displayed range of this skill was lower than intended.Canine—Brutal Charge (Soulbeast): Fixed a bug in which the displayed range of this skill was higher than intended.**

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Shroud.2307 said:I don't recall ever seeing it in any patch notes that Barrage is intended to ignore LOS. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Found it from game release notes on May 8th, 2018: late release.

** Gray.6029Gaile Gray.6029May 8, 2018Late Notes: May 8, 2018

05/08/2018—May 8 Release Notes

Profession Skills

Ranger

Barrage: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being targeted in certain areas blocked by line of sight.Fanged Iboga—Consuming Bite: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from increasing its damage based on the number of conditions on the target.Canine—Crippling Leap (Soulbeast): Fixed a bug in which the displayed range of this skill was lower than intended.Canine—Brutal Charge (Soulbeast): Fixed a bug in which the displayed range of this skill was higher than intended.**

So good, it's intended this way. Which thematically makes sense, barrage is shooting a bunch of arrows up in the air and them falling back down--why would you ever need LOS for that?

Meteor shower and other spells are targeted at an area, so of course the caster would need to be able to see that area for the spell to hit.

@Yasai.3549 said:Does it not occur to yu that Barrage isn't Arrows travelling from Point A(the ranger) to Point B(the target area),rather it's Arrows travelling from Point A(the ranger) to Point B(the sky) to Point C(the target area)

lol.. yep this has been explained in many previous posts, but it will keep coming up I’m sure. Anytime that people don’t like something it needs fixing or nerfing. Barrage is really not that hard to get out of. I get hit with it a lot in towers etc and just move out of the way then hit them back harder.... because frankly, imo and experience, most people don’t know how to build and utilize good old soulbeast to its fullest. ?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Zolazie Grengche.3051 said:I should be able to shoot over walls as well with Toggle Action Camera and say, Mortar Kit, Grenades, Long-Bow on Guardian, or Warrior.

I won’t argue that point, but it was a deliberate change for ranger. Whether it’s liked or not...

@Strider Pj.2193 I never said I died to barrage....

Fair enough.

Don't assume my gender! D;

Not sure who this is referencing, but after reviewing I know I didn’t give a gender.

Also, if you are dying to barrage.......(more to the OP that you @primatos.5413 ) It was a meme attempt... you assumed that I die to Barrage. Weak, I know. :expressionless:

Sorry for posting something that has been beaten to death already. I don't frequent the forums a lot and was unaware that it has already been laid to rest.I however still think it is ridiculously op.For those posting things like doesn't it occur to you that the arrows fly straight up and then descend? Oh! Really?!Yeah, I'm aware of that.I'm also aware that in real life as you are suggesting arrows fly. So would a grenade launcher not be affected by line of sight. Among other projectiles...Kind of like how Omega Golems can fire rockets over walls to hit siege and players on the wall if you use Toggle Action Camera.

@Zolazie Grengche.3051 said:Sorry for posting something that has been beaten to death already. I don't frequent the forums a lot and was unaware that it has already been laid to rest.I however still think it is ridiculously op.For those posting things like doesn't it occur to you that the arrows fly straight up and then descend? Oh! Really?!Yeah, I'm aware of that.I'm also aware that in real life as you are suggesting arrows fly. So would a grenade launcher not be affected by line of sight. Among other projectiles...Kind of like how Omega Golems can fire rockets over walls to hit siege and players on the wall if you use Toggle Action Camera.

Yeah they will justify barrage with real life arrow logic but ignore grenades and how bullets in the game magically stop at 900 rng defying the same real life logic and we can shoot fireballs and respawn after death but because arrows go up and then down even tho it's the only skill that gets to bypass targeting and los it's fine. It's not beaten to death really but gets brought up every few months when someone sees that nonsense killing your treb or ac or hitting the supply quartermaster or we actually have to move away from a big aoe circle from inside a structure. Then all the rangers are like but but arrows go up and then down why you complaining.